• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. freshbrew

Probiotic precipitating a crash?

Coincidentally I just started taking this probiotic about 2 weeks or so ago. I dont think it makes me feel worse with the symptoms you describe above. I am also taking Thorne formula SF722 though for the loose stools that accompany my m.e.. The SF722 is the only thing that has ever helped with...
  2. freshbrew

Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)

Thank you, Woolie. I did not know this. You all educate me so much:) I had always tested negative for mono ( blood values) so this is good to know. Doesnt surprise me though. Not sure i trust some lab values anymore, positive or negative. Seems my auto antibodies after long term...
  3. freshbrew

Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)

Thank you, esther. I agree. I guess after looking for answers since 91. now completely disabled at age 47 from m.e./ cfs desperation sinks in. You are right in that taking on mono for a cure is not the answer. In the same context, i will find it greatly surprising if research outcomes are...
  4. freshbrew

So, I am sort of kidding here, but maybe not really?.......in the fact that I think my only hope of improvement may be to kiss someone with mononucleosis so I can get it. I am a cfs/m.e. sufferer looking for answers on a slow decline since 1991. Now bedbound much of time. Tried all treatments...
  5. freshbrew

The Synergy Trial: Ritalin and Micronutrients

Thank you for the link, Bella SC:) i was just coming back here to post a link for you on hhv6 and hashimotos too. http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2014/01/09/lipkin-study-vagus-nerve-hhv-6-loomis-hhv-6-foundation/ It is from 2014 featuring an interview with a from a founder of a hhv6...
  6. freshbrew

Intravenous Vitamin C - working!

I am so glad the IV vitamin C works for you Rocky Mountain:) And that your protocol works for you SPAR:) It is so awesome to hear when some of us feel a bit better:) I too did IV got c high dose at least weekly years ago at a great holistic clinic in Danville CA. And other IV protocols ...
  7. freshbrew

Hi Bella SC And all, Bella, regarding sharing my info regarding cfs/ m.e. and hardening arteries: I 'll work on finding the research again and a link when I feel better. I only remember finding proof of artery hardening research info years ago when looking for answers related to why my...
  8. freshbrew

Can you have positive labs and 'CFS/ME'?

Hi Dan062, and all, Dan, I am curious on how you are doing now? and what if any more info you/ your doctor's found? I hope you are okay:) My two cents related to that which you asked in your original post ( please pardon my brain fog ) Quick two cents summary: The three labs/ results...
  9. freshbrew

Thank you Bella SC:) I will be extra careful in Sun on adderall thanks to your post. Questions for you in hopes to rule in/ our other causes of your overheating while gardening: 1. Is your free t3 low? 2. Are you positive for hhv6? Reason: the above apply to me and have caused my history of...
  10. freshbrew

Hi Sushi and all, Adderall helps me to a point in many areas such as : gives me a bit of hope in the day, increases circulation and BP, gives me energy, allows me to be upright for a bit. Being on Adderall allows me to get out of bed, shower, even stretch on "good days." The adderall helps...