• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cafe

Ampicillin, Probiotics and Group B Strep

@awkwardlymodern I have never had much of the exudate, although when it all started there were those white spots on my tonsils. But I do have petechia, like shown in the second picture in the second row. Actually this is how my throat looks quite often! Well, I should definitely do a strep...
  2. cafe

Ampicillin increases GLT-1 expression

I guess I need some more help with this :) Promethease tells me for rs1114620(G;G): "frequency 0.9%" and "GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR, IONOTROPIC, N-METHYL-D-ASPARTATE, SUBUNIT 1; GRIN1" @Valentine where did you get the additional information?
  3. cafe

Autoimmune Diseases Caused by Bacteria?

hi @Daffodil you mentioned earlier in this thread a nurse staying on antibiotics and "feeling" ok like this- how did she achieve to find a doctor willing to prescribe her antibiotics on a regular basis? If I could stay on amoxicillin/ampicillin I would give myself a 6 or even 7 on a scale up to...
  4. cafe

@nandixon it is rs1114620 (GG) and I thought I had another one somehow linked to "glutamate" which I can not find / remember at the moment. @physicsstudent13 I also feel a lot better if I adjust my diet- although it is not a cure. My "ideal" diet so far is close to paleo although potatoes and...
  5. cafe

I do not know the answer- but I am highly interested in this topic! I seem to have a glutamate receptor variant which is quite uncommon (according to 23andme and SNPedia; something like 1 in a million if I remember correctly). This also could explain why I experience this "spacey" feeling if I...
  6. cafe

@awkwardlymodern antifungals never helped me- neither in a general way nor with my white-coated tongue. I tried antifungals several times as they were prescribed by my doctor. So I don´t think it is a candida problem in my case. When I got sick in 2004 I had really high temperature (around 40°C...
  7. cafe

@Sidereal - yes I tried ranitidine (Zantac) but it did not help - actually I can not tell the difference taking it or not. This is kind of weired since if Cimetidine acted like Jay Goldstein proposes it should not have to have to cross the blood brain barrier if I remember correctly....?
  8. cafe

I was never tested for any streptococcus species - but since I clearly respond in a very positive manner to ampicillin -who knows??? It´s not a "quick" response in 2-3 h due to antibiotics which have the potential to reduce neuroinflammation but takes 1-2 days to fully act. About 3 g of...
  9. cafe

Common rarity in 7 out of 7 ME/CFS patients based on 23andMe results

I have been diagnosed with CFS/ME just recently although probably suffering from it for almost 10 years after a "flue"....