• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. mabelark

Supplements that Repair the BBB

Is this test still being considered as having value? I see people mentioning the test but few reports of it actually being put to practice. Since I had some GABA lying around I thought I'd give it a try. I took 600 mg of "ZOI Research, PharmaGABA". I was already relaxed and not anxious when I...
  2. mabelark

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Some further observations upon stopping NAG: For a few days now, I have been experiencing something akin to restless legs syndrome. It only happens in my right leg, and it manifests as a kind of pre-stage to cramping, tense but not fully cramping. I feel the need to stretch my leg and ankle all...
  3. mabelark

The symptoms appeared after I discontinued NAG. Looking back, it is not unsurprising that they've returned, seeing as I had the stiff neck and ibs-d right before I started taking NAG for the first time approximately 1½ years ago. Interesting. So you'd want a strong immune response to Th17 in...
  4. mabelark

I did just that recently. My joints are now sore and my neck is stiff. Also, it seems to have had an effect on my gut. I am now ibs-d wheras before I was ibs-c. Any takers on which is better? The reason I quit NAG is because I'm experimenting with things for possible candida/parasites/sibo/leaky...
  5. mabelark

Amisulpride — A Multipurpose Drug for ME/CFS

Thanks for the update, adreno. Seeing as I'm currently getting 400IU E, 30mg Zinc and 30mg B6, I will try and add 50 mg P5P.
  6. mabelark

Amisulpride — A Multipurpose Drug for ME/CFS

May I ask what dosage of pantethine you are/were taking, adreno? Has any else had sucess with countering amisulpride's prolactin effects by taking pantethine?
  7. mabelark

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

Thank you, Hip. I will give the Methyl L-Selenocysteine form a try. I am looking forward to it arriving. Will try to find my selenomethionine tolerence level in the mean time, starting with 300 mcg.
  8. mabelark

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

I am about six weeks into 400 mcg selenium / day of using this. I can report feeling less tired and needing less sleep. I've gone from sleeping 9 hours a night to sleeping less than 8. I find it almost impossible to sleep for a long time now whereas before it was easy. Looking at what I've been...
  9. mabelark

A Reason for Using Exactly Specified Items by Type and Brand

Just thought I'd chime in by saying that the brand you refer to contains folic acid (as can be seen here), rather than L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate.
  10. mabelark

Calling all supplement experts

I've gone back and forth on the worth of b12 & metafolin et al. quite a bit. Never experienced what Fredd calls "start up effects" or "overmethylation", which is a little disparaging. Disregarding Fredd’s persuasive (in my mind) theory, I suppose the reasons I continue on his protocol is that...
  11. mabelark

Sublingual B12 dissolving too fast?

Solgar 5000mcg b12 takes a lot longer to dissolve (placed in the "pocket" on the right/left of the upper lip) than the 1000mcg. However, even the 5000mcg will tend to clump up and turn to goo after a while (making it hard to move around) and then just sort of vanish. (The same is very much true...
  12. mabelark

Beyond, Did you by any chance take n-a-g with food? For me the effect is far superior when taken upon an empty stomach. As regards to social phobia, one of most effective things I've tried is a low dose of amisulpride. For me it improved the ability to seek and maintain eye contact, as well...
  13. mabelark

Gandalf, Looking at my list of supplements leaves me baffled. I cannot fathom why someone would use all of that every single day, unless it was acting as some kind of mental crutch. But at the same time, I can identify the qualitative physiological difference of each supplement. Good point...
  14. mabelark

Beyond, That's interesting. In my experience NAG can be quite useful when it comes to an inflammed gut. Before taking it I couldn't drink any amount of coffee or eat spicy food without immediate diarrhea. Even halving the dose of NAG to only once a day made me start to feel pain/swelling in my...
  15. mabelark

Since discovering this site I’ve been experimenting with supplements for well over a year. I've yet to be diagnosed as having ME, but have been suffering from chronic fatigue, low mood and pain for a decade. I’m happy to report benefits when it comes to all three areas. I attribute these...
  16. mabelark

Please help decipher my 23andMe results

Sorry if this might be a bit off topic but I was wondering if you had any sources for this claim, Critterina? Specifically the metafolin on an empty stomach part. I've seen the very same advice repeated and followed it myself for many months. About two weeks ago I went back to always taking...
  17. mabelark

Received my methylation profile results; requesting interpretations

Hi Critterina, Not sure if I'm sensitive. If I were, would I expect something akin to what is referred to as startup effects? Never had those. Apart from TMG I'd say you're about right. I tried DMG once and did not feel any difference so I forgot about TMG. I'll make sure to give it a go...
  18. mabelark

What pills/supplements do you take everyday?

Amount and roughly the order in which I take them during the day. NAG 750 mg amsulipride 25 mg panax ginseng (for 3 weeks then rest 1 week) metafolin 800 mg encymatic/solgar/dr.best b12 1,000/1500 mcg d3 5000 IU k2 mk7 90 mcg (every 3rd day) flax seed oil 1,000 mg coq10 100-200 mg potassium...
  19. mabelark

Hi taniaaust1, thanks for the reply. I did have a look at the analysis offered by the genie - and made a larger than usual order on iherb as a result. Any recomendations on b12 in particular? Right now I'm on adenosylb12 4,300 mcg, methylb12 1,000 mcg and metafolin 1,600 mcg daily. Seems...
  20. mabelark

Today 23andme presented me with my results. I ran it through the genetic genie. The genie in turn had this to say: Heterozygous VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/- VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/- MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AG +/- MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/- MTRR H595Y rs10380 CT +/- MTRR K350A rs162036 AG +/- MTRR...