• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hermes

Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version

Firstly, congratulations to the authors, the paper was good and raises some interesting points. And Simon's article is very good. Nobody ever asks why Rituximab works ? destroying populations of B cells achieves what exactly ? and why does the illness return once Rituximab is discontinued and B...
  2. Hermes

Suzanne O'Sullivan (author of "It's All in Your Head") on Irish national radio (April 13)

Dear Suzanne O'Sullivan, I am contacting you in relation to your book 'Its All in your head'. As a trained doctor you will be aware of the need to differentiate between real organic biological illnesses backed up by scientific research findings and clinical findings on one hand and...
  3. Hermes

"Suzanne O'Sullivan's It's All in Your Head wins Wellcome Book Prize 2016"

Dear Suzanne O'Sullivan, I am contacting you in relation to your book 'Its All in your head'. As a trained doctor you will be aware of the need to differentiate between real organic biological illnesses backed up by scientific research findings and clinical findings on one hand and...
  4. Hermes

Letter from Sonya Chowdhury in Times re O'Sullivan

5. Hermes

"Suzanne O'Sullivan's It's All in Your Head wins Wellcome Book Prize 2016"

emailed to her Dear Suzanne O'Sullivan, I am contacting you in relation to your book 'Its All in your head'. As a trained doctor you will be aware of the need to differentiate between real organic biological illnesses backed up by scientific research findings and clinical findings on one hand...
  6. Hermes

Validity of Elispot LTT Lymes Test

I disagree. Many doctors in Britain and Ireland and other countries dismiss undiagnosed lyme patients as psychiatric cases. Or give a diagnosis of ME or CFS with no objective evidence to confirm or deny.Thus they remain undiagnosed. This has been strongly encouraged by wessely school doctors and...
  7. Hermes

Validity of Elispot LTT Lymes Test

the The reliable gold standards accepted in Britain have proven to be unreliable and inaccurate. Meanwhile patients suffer and die, while doctors dispute so called 'gold standards' and validation which never occurs. Doctors remain stuck in a muddle while patients die, quite a familiar story...
  8. Hermes

Court Cases, Legal cases, New Laws & Government Policies for benefit of ME/CFS

February - March 2016 This will list events such as Court Cases, Legal cases, New Laws and Government Policies for the benefit of ME/CFS during February to March 2016. ME/CFS persons and organisations are encouraged to take court actions and legal actions to enforce their legal and human rights...
  9. Hermes

PACE trial is research ?

fixed now. Link pointed to previous misspelling
  10. Hermes

PACE trial is research ?

its sorted out. A misspelling of scientific
  11. Hermes

Court cases to enforce the legal and human rights of ME/CFS sufferers

Thanks for that Hip. You are a genius at law. I just included this on a certain web site www.me-ireland.com/bogus.htm#basis
  12. Hermes

they can always use freemason back channels in the legal system and judiciary.
  13. Hermes

relax and enjoy the debate. There is plenty of entertainment for everybody on this forum and web site.
  14. Hermes

PACE trial is research ?

Even the paedophiles have business models, jimmy saville and his rich friends had business models. Some business models need to be put out of business.
  15. Hermes

Tired of waiting for years and decades and nothing happening ? Tired of the same old CBT and GET for the last 25 years ? Tired of being stigmatised, mocked, insulted and belittled for having ME and CFS. Its time to enforce your rights to proper diagnostics and proper treatments through the...
  16. Hermes

Comment by 'Hermes' in 'PACE on trial'

please rise, Judge Judy Do Gooder is in attendance. Sir Jimmy Saville, the notorious paedophile has offered to provide an expert defence witness on behalf of Sir Simon Perjury. They are both close friends and frequent the same parties in London. Defence statement: From a scientific & medical...
  17. Hermes

PACE trial is research ?

The PACE trial continues to be mired in controversey. PACE and its authors contains the seeds of its own self destruction. From a scientific & medical perspective and legal perspective, the following needs to be communicated to all doctors and medical professionals. A scientific analysis of the...
  18. Hermes

The Significance to ME/CFS of the Landmark Change to the UK Law on Consent

the same old garbage, regurgitated over and over again, for 25 years. Any news, anything new, Mr. Shepherd ? anybody trying to change things via the legal systems, courts, laws, government policies, considering the fact that this is a human rights issue, a Constitutional issue, an issue...
  19. Hermes

Criminal Aspects It is a criminal offence to cause harm and /or financial damage to another person(s). It is also a criminal offence in Britain (and many other countries) to aid and abet or support in any way a person(s) involved in criminal activity. Criminal charges and civil damages charges...
  20. Hermes

As I said earlier court cases have been won in the past by ME patients. They too were told it was too difficult to win in court. Difficulty in winning does not imply impossibility. If we all listened to naysayers then there would be absolutely no progress, humanity would still be living in huts...
  21. Hermes

there is scientific evidence that CBT and GET are harmful and that they lack efficacy in treatment and recovery terms, the research listings are included below www.me-ireland.com/scientific/16.htm And furthermore. I think that the deaths from the illness is also a reasonable point to raise in...
  22. Hermes

A Hidden Life

I also live in Ireland and can identify with the writers sentiments. Irish society is not open minded, and ME is an illness which is stigmatised and misunderstood by most people. People here tend to attack or dismiss or ridicule things they cannot understand. There is an appaling education...
  23. Hermes

Death Contract? ME/CFS Experts and Advocates Unite to Oppose US 'Case Definition' Contract

Yes I agree with the postings here. Its important to quantify the losses in financial terms and human life terms and we have done this on the clinic web site. Its equally important to quantify cost-benefit analysis for national economy for all such clinics. Its also important to differentiate...
  24. Hermes

CRITICAL MASS IS NEEDED AGAINST THE IOM CONTRACT!

Critical Mass I agree with the comments here. Wally's posting regarding Critical Mass is the best I have read so far. We desperately need a Critical Mass in the USA and all other countries. This must include all patients and their families and their advocates. The protest marches planned for...
  25. Hermes

Call for Investigation by the Inspector General of the IOM’s Conflict of Interest With Respect to ME

A new approach to IOM Email to Mr. Daniel Levinson, Inspector General of DHHS Subject: Conflicts of Interest, Bias and Fraud which require Investigation by the Inspector General Dear Mr. Daniel Levinson, I would like to draw your attention to serious and continuing matters involving...
  26. Hermes

Death Contract? ME/CFS Experts and Advocates Unite to Oppose US 'Case Definition' Contract

A new approach to IOM Email to Mr. Daniel Levinson, Inspector General of DHHS Subject: Conflicts of Interest, Bias and Fraud which require Investigation by the Inspector General Dear Mr. Daniel Levinson, I would like to draw your attention to serious and continuing matters involving...
  27. Hermes

Call for Investigation by the Inspector General of the IOM’s Conflict of Interest With Respect to ME

November 18th correspondence with IOM The IOM's continued failure to admit serious errors and breaches of it's own guidelines in relation to ME/CFS from 2000 - 2013 Kate Meck IOM (CC to senior IOM members) November 18 2013 Dear David, I appreciate you taking the time to express your...
  28. Hermes

CRITICAL MASS IS NEEDED AGAINST THE IOM CONTRACT!

November 18th correspondence with IOM The IOM's continued failure to admit serious errors and breaches of it's own guidelines in relation to ME/CFS from 2000 - 2013 Kate Meck IOM (CC to senior IOM members) November 18 2013 Dear David, I appreciate you taking the time to express your...
  29. Hermes

IOM's response to patients' concerns about panel selection

The IOM in some difficulty regarding definition of ME/CFS Kate Meck, IOM Dear David, Thank you for your feedback. All IOM reports follow a strict study process and committees are convened in accordance with this conflict of interest policy to ensure reports provide independent, objective...