• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

The Undetectable Infection

Hi @lorazapora , I thought you may find this article relevant. Like you I have been dealing with the option of root canal treatment because of cracked teeth. My problem was the nerves could not be deadened, he said the whole nerve was infected, but there was no abscess. This is a good article...
  2. E

I know there are some people who have struggled with acne in the past. The bacteria that causes acne is found in the hair follicles of pretty much everybody. So why do some people suffer and others don't? There is a strong argument that suggests it is due to the other bacteria that inhabit the...
  3. E

That I do .... thanks @MeSci
  4. E

Hi @knackers323, sorry, I missed this one.... Currently I use: Fish oil caps Glucosamine Proteolitic enzymes Natural vitamin E Vitamin K2-7 magnesium CoQ10 xylitol eye drops iodine drops Prescript assist SBO's Horny Goat Weed D-lactate free probiotics milk kefir yakult Daily sunshine I also...
  5. E

Hi @dom_hend123, sorry I have been a bit elusive, I have had to move house but I have had to renovate the one I was moving into before it could happen. So I will try and help out as much as I can. I know you are referring to a specific condition and would like to know more about China and any...
  6. E

Hi @lorazapora, thanks for taking the time to trudge through this thread. Personally, I am pretty good, I am now trying to undo some of the damage that this has caused me. I have just had similar conversations with my dentist about root canal treatment and he also stated the ‘alternatives’...
  7. E

Hey @roonie here is an article written by one of the researchers/developers of supplements that I take here in Australia: https://gp2u.com.au/static/documents/Food-intolerance-and-allergy.pdf It refers to the HLA DQ2/8 gene and how it is dormant in most people and is ‘turned on’ by external...
  8. E

Maybe we need to start another post on this specifically ..... but I will state that the cause of your CP is probably the cause of your CFS ..... your immune system is fighting a bacteria that it can’t see, nor can it beat ...... CP is more like an allergy than an infection ..... hence the...
  9. E

Hi @dom_hend123 sorry for the delay, but I sure would ..... pm me and we can sort out how to catch up .....
  10. E

Hey @knackers323, I will come back to this ...... https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11052619_Treatment_with_staphylococcus_toxoid_in_fibromyalgiachronic_fatigue_syndrome_-_A_randomised_controlled_trial The answer has been around for a long time ...... some of it is arrogance, some of it...
  11. E

Pretty much .... I get up at 5am .... gym for an hour ..... work until 9pm a lot of days in our takeaway shop ...... I have not stopped my supplements however ..... although I do have gaps in my asking them ...... I don’t have the same stamina, but I am 50 this year so I imagine age is catching...
  12. E

Hey @MeSci, for what it is worth, I think they have it around the wrong way ..... I am only putting it out there but I suspect that penicillin has been the cause of this ..... the animals have become carriers ....
  13. E

Hey @knackers323 i don’t know how you would get onto that one .... I do know however that when given the right treatment recovery is quick ..... I would even strongly dispute the ‘things get worse before getting better due to dieback’ ..... my personal experience opposes this ....... As I have...
  14. E

So why is it difficult for reasearchers to link Staphlyococcus epidermidis to CFS ..... because when living on the skin it is totally inert .... in fact it can ferment glycerol which creates inhibition zones which repels other bacteria and helps to keep skin free of infection ...
  15. E

Those people who suffer skin conditions may be interested in this line of research ..... again it comes back to Staphlyococcus ....... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22310478 There are a lot of papers that further support Staphlyococcus as the cause ....
  16. E

May need to look a bit harder at that one ...... https://www.news-medical.net/news/2008/06/15/39210.aspx
  17. E

You are on the right track @anni66 ..... MSH is a family of peptide enzymes that controls metabolism and therefore is linked to insulin resistance ..... low MSH levels can produce obesity ..... high MSH can result in low body weight ..... MSH is produced in the skin, resulting in sun tans ...
  18. E

If you look at the research that this particular university has done/is doing then you can see that there are a bunch of reaserchers there smarter than you and me who can answer your questions ...... They have done a lot of research in this area and have made some very sound findings ...
  19. E

I hope everyone has had a great Xmas Something that may be of interest for those who suffer from nerve pain. You may already know this but an enzyme known as neuraminidase has been identified as a substance that reverses/repairs nerve damage thus removing burning pain etc...
  20. E

I can only say that the spread of aids was one of my units studied at university, particularly the spread through Africa along the trucking routes out of the Congo .... Inester7 has already answered the hiv argument better than I could .... and if there has.been new evidence about the starting...
  21. E

Hi @pattismith, my staph species was tested for antibiotic sensitivity, clindamycin resistant staph species are of a similar genotype to MRSA ..... I have never taken clindamycin but the lady I caught this off was a dental nurse who's late husband was a dentist and clindamycin is a popular abx...
  22. E

Hi @andyguitar, doxycycline will only work once on species that do not have resistance to it. Staph has a high resistance to this abx. These days ....l minoxycyclene is a better choice. Cheers.
  23. E

Good luck researching your theory, there is one thing you are going to find difficult is to prove hiv has been around longer than the 1980"s. Researchers have actually mapped the spread of hiv and have identified the first person who contracted hiv in the Congo and carried the virus to New York...
  24. E

Hi @nbutt2 , I am very happy for you to start a thread and spend 5 years researching and back up all your statements with scientific papers like I have in this thread. You are also welcome to hire a professor from a large university and have them do microflora lab tests like I have and then...
  25. E

Hey @nbutt2, CFS has been around a lot longer than hiv so it seems unlikely but until it is totally discredited scientifically, then i suppose it is a possible theory. In the most part however, it is with some confidence that I will state that the largest group of people suffering CFS have...
  26. E

Hey @ljimbo423 , I found that this one works really well ... https://au.iherb.com/c/Doctor-s-Best/Enzymes?gclid=Cj0KEQjwi7vIBRDpo9W8y7Ct6ZcBEiQA1CwV2Og5owF7B1Em4YnCiq244aBzLdwKtmKBalvVJ6vhI5YaAhoq8P8HAQ I also use herbs of gold, not sure if they are available worldwide though...
  27. E

Throughout this thread I have mentioned using proteolytic enzymes as part of the supplement regime. I have continuously and religiously taken them. This is a good article which explains what they do to Staphylococcus, they break down the biofilms...
  28. E

Hey Roonie, I never had inflamed sinus passages, my eyes, nose and mouth burned however ..... and my joint pain was unbearable .... x-rays and scans showed they were a mess .... no pain in them now ..... but most of them sound like i am walking on broken glass when i move them .... they crack...
  29. E

This is an interesting article ...... CFS in animals ..... particularly dogs .... http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/pets/cfs7dogs.pdf They identified staphylococcus as the cause ....... Thanks Lily for sending this to me ....
  30. E

Streptococcus overgrowth

personally i suspect you are correct ..... I have tried to find scientific evidence of such in the past, but have not been able to.