• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. debsicle

What on earth is wrong with me?

Ive never even heard of an enterovirus, but upon reading the main page of that website it does seem to fit. I think that you do need a prescription for antivirals here in ireland though (you need a prescription for all sorts of things you would think would be fine) but i will find out...
  2. debsicle

Greg, thanks so much for that! I will look into it now - I have been meaning to get food intolerencies checked too, I all of a sudden developed an allergy to prawns a couple of years ago to top it all (i love prawns :() I may have to wait til after christmas now that i've seen the price list...
  3. debsicle

Thanks South, I think that I would try anything at this stage. I will see if i can get it on iherb. I actually love elderberry!
  4. debsicle

That is the problem - Its really hard to get tested for anything here. I have been to the doctor which exactly the same thing 4 times since July and missed nearly the whole month of September from work and now I have the same thing again including blisters. But my doctor, even when asked...
  5. debsicle

I meant to say, I sort of don't feel that I really fit into any category - I am ill and it is horrible, but I am still able to mostly function in the normal world. I still work full time (i'm off sick a good bit though) I still go out with friends (but less than i used to). But, I always feel...
  6. debsicle

Thanks Helen, I appreciate the reply. I will definitely look up Dr Enlander and see what i can do about seeing him. I find in Ireland there is a very big emphasis on treating your symptoms but when you ask about a more holistic view they are stumped! My blood tests last winter were apparently...
  7. debsicle

Hi, I have been a member for some time but apart from quizzing Freddd on his B12 protocol a couple of times I have never really posted much on here. The reason for this is that I am not sure whether I belong here. I see people with severe problems all the time on Phoenix Rising and I am thankful...
  8. debsicle

Fatigue during methylation and feeling sleepy.

itching and fatigue can be a sign of low potassium too - i get both of those symptoms. Particularly the itching which makes me look like i have fleas. i am having the opposite problem at the minute with my methylation- I am tired in the evening at the right time when i am sitting on the couch...
  9. debsicle

Need Help Starting Methylation Protocol, Please!!

@ahmo I am taking MeB12 - half of an enzemetic therapy in the mornrning and the other half after dinner - i actually took a full solgar metafolin last night and the itching stopped, but i also took some MeB12 when i had my dinner. i have a feeling is something to do with the folate alright. by...
  10. debsicle

Need Help Starting Methylation Protocol, Please!!

I started the protocol a year ago, and i let myself slide a bit in the last couple of of months resulting in my catching every infection going in september and also my getting very depressed again. I have started in the last two weeks and i am taking all the basics (vits A, D, E, Omega 3, nature...
  11. debsicle

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Hi Freddd, i was thinking the same thing about the carnitine, i will take some midafternoon today and see what happens - i started out taking the b-complex twice a day and it sort of hurt my stomach (like a dull ache) but actually, i think that maybe i am mildly allergic to yoghurt and i was...
  12. debsicle

Hiya ajw13, yep, i drink a lot of coconut water and i have supplemental potassium which i take when i get a headache - i was doing a hell of a lot more of everything because i got all excited at feeling better and it made me very withdrawn and i got extremely bad headaches then so i am down to...
  13. debsicle

I have a quick question - i have been following this forum with great interest for the last 3 months and doing the active protocol for about 2 and a half months. i dont have any actual illness at present, but was diagnosed with a b12 deficiency about 5-6 years ago. I had a lot of symptomes for...