• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Boron: anti-inflam., helps brain, bones, cal/mag absorption, sex hormones, anti-cancer, raises SOD

I've tried that for years, it doesn't work. I seem to be deficient in a magnesium cofactor, but thanks !
  2. G

Boron: anti-inflam., helps brain, bones, cal/mag absorption, sex hormones, anti-cancer, raises SOD

Hi, I've been having a severe magnesium deficiency for years, I'm suffering from heavy depression, anxiety attacks, joint pain,arrhythmia, I've tried everything but nothing helps, vitamin b6(p5p) used to help but not anymore. From what I've read here it seems like boron is needed to absorb...
  3. G

Do you have Amalgam Fillings?

I had 7 amalgams removed by a regular dentist(no dam)2 years ago, but no problems with it after it was done. I once thought that they were the cause of my problems, but now I know that it has nothing to to with it. Please don't believe all the horror stories on the internet about amalgam...
  4. G

Copper - whats going on?

I had problems too with copper and zinc, I always got a low mood from them. Then I read that vitamin B6 (in P5P form) is needed for copper and zinc absorption, vitamin b6 is also needed to make serotonin, which might explain the low mood. So I started taking 25mg of p5p and 10mg zinc/1mg copper...
  5. G

Are coenzyme B vitamins bunk?

I had a very positive experience with p5p too. I've read that some p5p is absorbed without dephosphorylation. My depression and burning hand were gone 2 days after i took it.
  6. G

B vitamins "honeymoon" over...

b vitamins work with magnesium and zinc. If you don't do well on oral magnesium you can try transdermal magnesium. And make sure you also take some b6 in active form because it helps with absorption of magnesium and zinc.
  7. G

So weak after Dibencozide

Maybe potassium deficiency, that can happen when you take b12.
  8. G

Getting magnesium into cells

I think I'm going to try taking boron, anyone had success with that?
  9. G

I keep having low magnesium symptoms, normally they always went away when I took magnesium. Now they don't anymore.
  10. G

I've read on a site that copper and boron may help. Does someone has experience with this?
  11. G

I'm already using magnesium sprays on my skin and magnesium glycinate.
  12. G

Hi I have a magnesium deficiency but magnesium pills don't help. I also had a b6 deficiency and I'm supplementing that. I think my b6 levels are going up( symptoms improving) but I still keep having low mag symptoms. Are there other cofactors to get magnesium into the cells?
  13. G

alternative to florinef?

Hmm I don't know exactly, but you can buy licorice extract capsules online. I've tried it before and they did help with low sodium symptoms.
  14. G

I strongly need help!

I don't know, taking a b-complex again with all the other supplements together and maybe some other tests at my doctor. Although I tried it before and it didn't work, I will try it again.
  15. G

I strongly need help!

The b-complexes I have at home are nature made b-complex and thorne active b-complex.
  16. G

I strongly need help!

I always buy my supplements online from amazon so that's not a problem. I asked my doctor for antidepressants, and it's a good advice to talk about how I feel ;) Thanks!
  17. G

I strongly need help!

Today my doctor said they don't test other b vitamins, only b12. God I hate doctors...
  18. G

I strongly need help!

no I haven't , but I didn't have problems with zinc and b6 before methylation protocol.
  19. G

I strongly need help!

Thanks for your help! But If the b12 doesn't work because of my other b deficiencies and I can't get those levels up, I don't know what else to do? I'm already showing signs of b6 toxicity when I'm actually not taking more than 5 mg.I'm scared.
  20. G

I strongly need help!

I tried everything together, all the supplements in your list but it doesn't work anymore. It wasn't smart of me to not take all supplements from the start, but now it seems that I can't fix in anymore.
  21. G

I strongly need help!

I tried literally everything. But thanks for your help I appreciate that!
  22. G

I strongly need help!

I wish I could go to a doctor to to an intracellular blood test to see what my real deficiencies are. But we don't have that here in belgium. I'll ask for a blood test of b2 and b6 at my doctor but these levels can be false high if you can't absorb them into the active form. Anyway I appreciate...
  23. G

I strongly need help!

I don't do methylation anymore because it stopped working. I took 20 mg of zinc everyday but not anymore because it makes my symptoms worse. I take 300 mg magnesium/day
  24. G

I strongly need help!

I tried different doses. I always took about 5 mg p5p(b6)but now I'm taking 50 mg(tried sublingual today) I now take 25 mg of b2, sublingual. strangely enough my b2 deficiency symptoms get worse too if I take b2.
  25. G

I strongly need help!

Hi freddd thanks for your reply. Well, I started doing the methylation protocol and my symptoms approved. I got the low potassium so that's a sign it was working. But I think I depleted myself of already low zinc, magnesium, b2 and b6. The b12 suddenly stopped working, no low potassium anymore...
  26. G

I strongly need help!

I tried magnesium spray and all types of zinc but it doesn't help. I really want to do a spectracell test to know what my deficiencies are but I don't think they have somehing like that were I live.