• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

Odd Symptoms

Hmm. Could be to do with fluid then, as I feel like I probably drink a bit less now than I did before getting ill. Is there any way to test for low blood volume? I will definitely list all my symptoms and tests results. I'm having a Dexamethasone Suppression test tomorrow so I'll get all the...
  2. O

Odd Symptoms

Thanks for all the replies! I'll try to answer each separately: I'm in the UK too and still believe with my family history it would be silly to ignore it completely. Is there any chance you could PM me your doctors name? It might be worth me seeing them in case. Thanks for the kind words too...
  3. O

Odd Symptoms

Hi all, For the last 8 years I've been suffering with a mystery illness. Originally I was told it was CFS but as time went on and more strange symptoms emerged doctors began to doubt the diagnosis and I'm now back to trying to figure out what the basis is for all my problems. I've since...
  4. O

omron

5. O

My Blog - Mystery-Illness.com

You can find my blog at http://www.mystery-illness.com
  6. O

Mystery Illness - Any Ideas!?

My vitamin D actually came back low when tested, although that could be because I can't go in the sun as that makes me ill. But when trying to take vitamin D supplements the tablets have irritated my stomach, so it's currently going untreated. It's really interesting the perspective you've...
  7. O

Wow, that's amazing! Thanks so much for the info and help. I've so often wondered how I can have all the symptoms of Addisons, as said to be me by endocrinologists, and yet an elevated level of Cortisol. Maybe Cushing's would explain it. It's certainly something I'll be following up heavily now...
  8. O

Thanks everyone for your replies! Really appreciate it. I’ll try to take each one and reply specifically to you: Crux and Sea: I have been tested for Celiac and it came back negative, although I’ve read about the test not always being right. I’ve considered doing a gluten free diet just to...
  9. O

Hi there, 6 years ago I came down with a mystery illness. So far no doctors had been able to get anywhere with a diagnosis, and I was just wondering whether if I posted a fairly detailed history of my case, symptoms and test results would you be able to offer any ideas about what it could be...