• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Sebby - he treats more than just Lyme. For me, he also found gut inflammation/ infection, and chlamydia pneumonia - another nasty bacterial infection. I don't know about the success rates, all I know is that I am in the right doctor's office.
  2. O

In Belgium to see KDM

It took 7 weeks to get the test results...
  3. O

In Belgium to see KDM

The Netherlands. I am not expecting the tests to be reimbursed...will try though. So, probably yes to the 80 euro consultation, no to the thousands euros of tests!
  4. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Sebby - looks like my health insurance covers the consultations because of the EU regulations. Not sure yet about the medications....
  5. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Hi everyone- I got my results and diagnosis last week: late stage Lyme disease. KDM told me my case wasn't a 'twijfeldossier', a case in which he had any doubt whatsoever. My PCR was positive for Lyme, so was the LTT, but only slightly positive indicating that as he said: it had been in my...
  6. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Szenn - from what I have heard KDM does use biofilm breakers in some people, but not all... Sebby - from what I have heard he uses mega doses of probiotics...
  7. O

In Belgium to see KDM

I get my results Tuesday - will keep you updated
  8. O

In Belgium to see KDM

I am very glad to have KDM as a doctor. I don't think any doctor in NL would have suggested or tested me for Lyme and co. seen that my symptoms are not 'standard'. I am also a scared - there is no way to know that his approach will work. Szenn - I so agree with you on being objective about...
  9. O

In Belgium to see KDM

I'm so sorry szenn... :( ((szenn))
  10. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Yes - I spent some terrible weeks googling too much stuff. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious. I am trying to wrap my head round the enormous gaps in knowledge when it comes to Lyme and Bartonella. I have studied the official guidelines they use in Holland to treat chronic Lyme, and...
  11. O

In Belgium to see KDM

I have the same question Szenn. I have heard stories of people getting well again after being very severely ill with Lyme. If that's cure or remission I don't know. But if KDM claims an 88% success rate in treating Lyme (and he gets the difficult cases!), that sounds encouraging. It would be...
  12. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Seems there's quite a few of us! It's comforting to be able to connect with other KDM people being treated for Lyme and co.
  13. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Szenn - I'm from the Netherlands, but with roots in the UK (Dutch mum, English dad)
  14. O

In Belgium to see KDM

Hi Szenn - I just wanted to wish you good luck with treatment, and do let us know how it is going! I am in the same boat - have an appointment with KDM in two weeks when all my test results are in. He suspected Bartonella. I find the whole Lyme circus to be quite bewildering and frightening...