• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

ME/CFS and Tregs - confused

Yep, very popular: "Medical definition of Merriam-Webster" Definition of AUTOREACTIVE : produced by an organism and acting against its own cells or tissues <autoreactive T cells> http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/autoreactive
  2. B

Nope, that is the answer of PROFESSOR Edwards to his co-authors review.
  3. B

Well here we are again. Now you are telling us your former co-author is an immunobabbler. Sweet !
  4. B

@adreno Here is an analogy I made up for friends who had difficulty understudying the role of Tregs. Imagen a socker game on a playing field. So one team are players from the T- cells team. Some players are the first line of defenders, for example NK cells, than there are effector T- cells...
  5. B

@JonathanEdwards Didn't you co-author with Michael R. Ehrenstein the paper Reconstitution of peripheral blood B cells after depletion with rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis ? Since you disregard all the thousands of papers by reputable scientist on the role of Tregs in various...
  6. B

Immune Dysfunction in ME / CFS

@JBB The overall immune "dis-regulation" you see in patients with ME is a immune activation (@times part inflammatory/SIRS), chronic immune suppression ( T-reg ect.) and functional immune exhaustion (CD8+ and NK cells). It looks like the immune foot print of an ongoing antigen stimulation...
  7. B

Immune Dysfunction in ME / CFS

@Jon_Tradicionali The "overview of T cell exhaustion from persistent vial infection" paper you posted is a good and extensive overview linking a huge range of publications. Just what I was looking for. Thank you Jon
  8. B

Comment by 'bambi' in 'My Reply To An Article By Shorter in Psychology Today'

Hi Alex, I know it was a reply to the specific blog. "The problem is they have been given undeserved privileges, and lack the oversight to ensure those privileges are used properly. This goes way beyond the medical profession itself and into society and government." Exactly! My point is...
  9. B

Comment by 'bambi' in 'My Reply To An Article By Shorter in Psychology Today'

Alex, I think it is fitting to counter the toxic psycho-somatic believe system with their own "medicine". I liked the first half of your "answer" very much. However, your comment and that of many others does not go far enough. You leave out the REAL human tragedy and destruction the...
  10. B

Unsuspected aspect of immune regulation revealed: Role of 'B cells'

You might want to watch a presentation of the world leading expert Dr. Maria Grazia Roncarolo on Treg cells . She does studies on Tregs, specifically the induced Tregs, in patients with autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
  11. B

p.s. I am not interested in arguing a case, nor do I feel the need to convince anyone. My priority is to find out what I and our children suffer from, get biomarkers established to get our children once and for all out of the clutches of the psych-lobby and establish treatments which could work...
  12. B

Dear Prof. Edwards, I appreciate your willingness to come here and talk to us and you have been nothing but kind. If I have stepped on your toes, than I apologize. But in regard to your answer about forums and the discussions here, I have to tell you that I have been around a bit longer than...
  13. B

@Inester7 , I cannot elaborate right now and here, it would go far beyond the scope of a little post. I am working on it and it will be published. The science behind Tregs, CD markers in general, is well documented and anyone can study it for them self. In fact I would recommend to everyone...
  14. B

@Prof. with all do respect, but this is nonsense. Take a pick from the abundant literature on Tregs and their role the play in autoimmunity, cancer or chronic infections. First page from google Treg autoimmunity . The topic has relived a renaissance. Inducing Tregs is quiet a topic in...
  15. B

I think in a large part because the definition of ME is wrong and those responsible for this job have done a really lousy job and have done a really good job at disseminating BS. Than there are those who have hijacked "CFS" for their own interests (good money to be made there) and than, last but...
  16. B

I am not going to argue with Einstein, but which evidence are you talking about ?
  17. B

It is much more likely that Ritumixab is working because it removes infected B cells. The increase in Treg cells, plus the other immune markers found to be either activated or decreased in functionality in patient with ME point very clearly to a chronic pathogen. Immune markers combined with...
  18. B

For example, in India researchers claim to have generated T-regs (Regulatory T Cells) in laboratory, which, on being administered to patients, eliminate the need for immunosuppressants after undergoing organ transplantation.
  19. B

It would be nice to have the full paper….http://www.jimmunol.org/content/early/2014/05/27/jimmunol.1302519.abstract It is well established that Tregs suppress auto reactive B cells. In some autoimmune diseases this mechanism is broken--Tregs are either dysfunctional or decreased in number...
  20. B

MS is still being claimed as partially psychogenic!

LOL , your really made me laugh, especially the part about frogs growing a limp and the human psyche like to perpetuate feelings of victimhood - stops growing them back…….humans growing limps - what an idea :lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Enormous clever ! You deserve a reward .
  21. B

BMJ Rapid Response: Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome a meme? 18 June 2014

@Professor Edwards, @Dr Charles Shepherd Thank you so so much for standing up to such insult and the witch hunt conducted against a whole patient community. May I remind you that Karina, a young woman with severe ME, has been kidnapped, held against her will and is being mistreated by...
  22. B

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

When are you guys ever gonna learn to read the fine print and check for a conflict of interest ? Competing interests None for TS, ASR, DDM and SLA SB worked as Head of Research for Nestlé, PLC, York :wide-eyed: Authors' contributions TS, SB, ASR, DDM and SLA contributed to the design...
  23. B

Good science for ME CFS in Spain, please support it!

Succesful crowdfunding campaign to suport IrsiCaixa research on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 16/05/2014 The Associació de Sanitaris al Servei de l’Encefalomielitis Miàlgica/Síndrome de Fatiga Crònica (ASSSEM) has raised more than 29.000 euros that will fund an IrsiCaixa research project on...
  24. B

Invest in ME/Prof Jonathan Edwards statement on UK Rituximab trial, 30 July

I have to add a thought in defense of this team in Japan. In order to understand what this team from Japan most likely is researching, you have to understand the social framework of Japan. Japanese kids and young adults are under enormous social pressure to succeed in school and university to...
  25. B

Invest in ME/Prof Jonathan Edwards statement on UK Rituximab trial, 30 July

I agree with Prof. Edwards that this study lacks quality and significance. Additionally, neuro-inflammation is unspecific and associated with microbes, viruses, autoimmunity, neuro-generative disease, brain trauma, mental diseases ect. - it is unspecific and will not help us in any way...
  26. B

Congratulations to the group of affected by ME / CFS We made it! Thanks to all donors of campaign Finished our Verkami term, we are happy to announce that we have greatlysucceeded in reaching the 29,000 euros needed to fund new research project IrsiCaixa "Characterization of regulatory T...
  27. B

@peggy-sue and everyone Yes, I am also glad the payments went through and the study is funded to go ahead. Even more, they going to continue to work with IrsiCaixa on more projects.
  28. B

19'700 have been raised. Thanks to all those who have donated and helped. I will try to keep you updated.