• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Post-sex exhaustion

Hi Chiron, hope you are doing okay. Are you able to orgasm without ejaculating? I believe ejaculation is depleting even for very healthy men but you can learn to separate the two. I am a virgin woman so I am not speaking from experience
  2. P

Need recommendations for very soft sheets that breathe

Bamboo? Seriously (don't know how much they cost though)
  3. P

Tired of being single

Hi Misfit toy, I don't know (zero relationship experience) but I guess a lot of men would like no strings attached kissing/physicality. Whether it is a good idea or not (I guess not) I don't know. I am feeling so much better and now what I want is to hold a man in a sexual way, not even...
  4. P

Has anyone had any experience with Seka Nikolic?

Forget the negativity in the last post. I am back on a remarkable upswing. Actually my experience with homeopathy involved downswings at the beginning as well
  5. P

Homeopathy

Hallo filfla, my two cents: homeopathy is powerful and you should not keep giving the remedy. I think that can make you quite ill. One dose is enough
  6. P

Has anyone had any experience with Seka Nikolic?

I saw her last week (for chronic hunger, I don't suffer from ME). It was remarkable, on the third day after seeing her I put my hand over my stomach and the tension and hunger dissipated like that. I felt as if I had been cured and as if I had reached enlightenment (I understood a lot of...
  7. P

Supplements do not have any real effect on symptoms

Thanks Kathevans, I have. Best £50 I ever spent.
  8. P

Dear Kathevans, No fires ; ) I didn't believe in it myself. But it's like you say about the energy work - amazing, weird, profound. I'm not talking about the sugar pill version of the UK. Good old Hahnemann-Kent-Hering classical homeopathy practised in India. They insist on single dose...
  9. P

Dear Leokitten The definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Supplements have not helped me, although I love the Budwig mixture. Mould avoidance (camping at the seaside and taking cholestyramine or chlorella) made me feel like a different person...
  10. P

How did your ME start?

I am a bit frightened because my health is declining. My brain is failing, and episodes of breathlessness (at rest) are becoming more frequent. I am 27 and well off. I would be very grateful to hear anyone's experiences of how their ME started.
  11. P

doctor for gut & mould

Thank you Sushi, may I ask if mould was a problem for you and if so what treatment de Meirleir recommended. Does he treat for parasites?
  12. P

doctor for gut & mould

I did the test with LabCorp because it was what Dr Shoemaker's office recommended. It is the HLA test which used to be number 012542 (now has a new number)
  13. P

doctor for gut & mould

Sushi may I ask what tests De Meirleir did? I would like to have melanocyte stimulating hormone tested, but I think its only available in the US
  14. P

doctor for gut & mould

Minks I am in the UK so I did the genotype test by post. I asked the lab (Quest? Labcorp? can't remember) to post me the kit and then I posted it back to them.
  15. P

doctor for gut & mould

I don't have CFS. My problems are hunger and brain fog. I have blastocystis hominis, candida overgrowth, bad bacteria and a shortage of good bacteria in my gut. I have a mould susceptible genotype (4-3-53). I would be very grateful to hear your experiences of different doctors. Is De...