• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

Totally normal and nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone's hand shakes the first time they give themselves a needle. The little insulin syringes that I use are very tolerable. We buy them bulk and they ship to our home in one day. The mB12 comes from a Compounding Pharmacy.
  2. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

@Abrin Have you thought about doing injections instead?
  3. stridor

B2 I love you!

@Learner1 No sorry. I can only speak to my personal experience with B2 and sometimes it resonates with others and sometimes not. I am wishing you the best in figuring this out.
  4. stridor

B2 I love you!

@Learner1 Those are the symptoms of deficiency. It was exacerbated by taking B12 which I was also short on. Things tried to fire up and it depleted limited B2 stores - which is used in energy production. Anyway, there are signs of toxicity that you can google but they are not common. The gut...
  5. stridor

B2 I love you!

@Learner1 I have always had a hard issue absorbing certain things in including B2. The immunologist said that I am likely celiac and that I have damaged my gut by not being diagnosed earlier in life. I went on injectable for a couple of years but now take around 400mg a day but could likely...
  6. stridor

glutathione, b12 and lithium

These sorts of blanket statements by Drs or whoever, can prove to be stumbling blocks for recovery. There are many here who while in the depths of CFS, and with all that it entails - including sick mitochondria, took a big step forward with B12. They generally need to do a lot more towards...
  7. stridor

Mycoplasmas - Stealth Pathogens

I tested positive for DNA of mycoplasma and HHV-6 to which my doctor said, ¨No wonder you feel like shit¨. But with a Chinese accent...funnier when he said it..... I did 24 hydrogen peroxide by IV, ¨Just to get it on the ropes¨. And 8 months of doxycycline, after which I tested negative for both...
  8. stridor

B2 I love you!

@Antonello I am sure that you have already crossed this off your list but adrenal fatigue/insufficiency can create a low BP scenario. And adrenal fatigue and CFS go hand-in-hand for many.
  9. stridor

2 schools of thought you will encounter with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)

I have not read this entire thread. I rarely come to this site any longer as CFS has been behind me for a while. I still follow Freddd´s protocol. My histamine issues are pretty typical. Dermatographism, rashes and hives. From single hives up to my entire back or often both ribcages. I have a...
  10. stridor

B2 I love you!

@Antonello I am not sure. Likely going to find out soon though because some recent changes in diet have increased B2 absorption. I will be cutting back soon and I will be interested to see. I take it that you have associated higher BP with B2?
  11. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

@garyfritz Ha! that will teach me to pay more attention when I am reading. In terms of ADD, focus and procrastination, if you are like me, you will still see improvements months after chelation is done.
  12. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

I took l-dopa briefly, well aware of the risks, but sick enough not to care too much about it. Like I said, you are definitely on your own path with this and it will be interesting to see how you make out. I certainly hope that you are able to win the fight against RLS, it is such a nightmare.
  13. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

@garyfritz It has been a number of years since I looked into this and I would not presume to instruct you....that said, at the time I reached the conclusion that RLS was a symptom that likely had more than one cause. I felt that dopamine was going to be one and in support of this, nicotine was...
  14. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

@garyfritz I exist at the crossroads of these theories. I fit Greg´s theory perfectly, have a collection of methylation SNPS and alarming Hg exposures. Your story is quite unusual. Words are not my friends this morning but there are stories of some presumed ¨electrical interference¨ caused by...
  15. stridor

AdB12 weird response?

@surfbaby I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling with things. Remember that methylation was only one part of the puzzle that I had to assemble. Brain-fog can be methylation, liver, ammonia or thiol, gut or adrenal. It can also be caused by Stealth Infections. I have been on...
  16. stridor

Active B12 Protocol Basics

@Kathevans If your urine is Vit B yellow that is the riboflavin and it is at doses where it is spilling into the urine. There are those who say that the gut is only able to absorb 25 mg at a time. If this is true then I was taking 300 mg in order to get 25 mg on board. However, my sister...
  17. stridor

B2 I love you!

@GreenMachineX Sorry, I rarely visit this site anymore as I no longer meet the criteria for CFS. My treatments seem to be working. Greg.....not sure of his last name is a man who sells topical B12 oils etc in Australia. He is about twice as smart as me and is able to explain how a B2 shortage...
  18. stridor

@Kathevans Have you tried mfolate in the buccal pouch or under tongue? I was off work for a while and out of money and when 9 caps a day had no discernible effect, I started doing this and significantly decreased the amount of money I was spending.
  19. stridor

B2 I love you!

@GreenMachineX When I was low on B2, I was in the depths of CFS. The symptoms of low B2 were brought on by starting B12. I had about 10 days when I did not feel well, as many do, when I started the B12 and then things got better. If there was any lethargy, it was burred in those symptoms. The...
  20. stridor

B2 I love you!

@GreenMachineX Almost certainly you were deficient. Are you now peeing Vitamin B yellow or yellow-green?
  21. stridor

ALA concern

As someone who spent 4 years following the Cutler Protocol and still touch base with the group, from time to time, I have one point to make. We are all different when it comes to the likelihood of developing the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity. But it can be distilled into the simple equation...
  22. stridor

Good question and one that I do not have a definitive answer to. As a liquid and in a vial, if exposed to light, mB12 will degrade to hydroxocobalamin, which can still be utilized. I think that storage variables would come into play as well. Depending on how dependent you are on it. a dose or...
  23. stridor

Severe brain symptoms and still declining

The symptoms were present continuously but worsened in times of PEM. So for me, the symptoms "followed" (if that is the term we are using) PEM and not vice versa.
  24. stridor

Severe brain symptoms and still declining

I read once that brain fog that was present for more than 2 years was at risk of becoming permanent. I remember hitting the 2 year mark and how I felt, then 3, then 5 and then 7 years. But brain fog is finally gone but there was no one thing that I did. In 2011, the fog was so thick that I...
  25. stridor

B2 I love you!

@bjl218 Because my urine did not change colour. It took a while and some advice from others to realize that I was not reacting to methylation support but rather to a B2 crisis that they were magnifying. The confounder was that I was supplementing B2 at the time. I had not noticed that me urine...
  26. stridor

B2 I love you!

@bjl218 @Kathevans There are people who flood their bodies with B2. For example, some people with migraine take 400 mg a day. I doubt that the body can absorb these quantities but who knows maybe some of the benefits are from changes with the gut biome. To be clear, in my case, I was not...
  27. stridor

B2 I love you!

@bjl218 Sorry to hear about the difficulties. I am not sure about the accuracy of the testing as I am unfamiliar with it. The best guess is that you are reacting to the mB12. Those type of psych symptoms have been experienced by a subset of people on this site. There is a theory that low B2...
  28. stridor

Intolerance To Multi-Vitamin/Mineral - Fight Or Flight Reaction

@Tigger I knew that my adrenals were in trouble because I had to pull myself up the stairs hand-over-hand on the banister. I needed help to stand some days, I was fogged to the point of confusion, I would lose my breath even trying to talk. The air just didn't seem to have oxygen any more...
  29. stridor

Intolerance To Multi-Vitamin/Mineral - Fight Or Flight Reaction

I don't have anything specific for you but I think that your adrenals may be borderline in terms of cortisol production. In times of stress, the adrenals come to the rescue with cortisol, epinephrine and norepinephrine. But when cortisol supply is limited, in my personal experience, the adrenals...
  30. stridor

Transdermal B12 oils

@Kathevans With the Cutler Protocol, you can start with DMSA every 4 hours four days post removal. Three months after we start alpha lipoic acid to bring Hg out of the brain and deep tissues. I am doing pretty well now. I dealt with the Bipolar diagnosis and would no longer meet the criteria for...