• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

To all that suffer

please find a video about how most people with chronic illness has parasites https://www.betterhealthguy.com/klinghardt-parasites and klinghardt's protocol for parasites (part of other protocols for chronic illness, including CFS)...
  2. T

Do you work / have career?

Many heart-wrenching, inspiring stories, let me add this one. When I got sick in 2004 I was 30, I had just left for the big city to start my (second) career as a designer, needless to say that in a year's time it was very clear that I was not going to make it as I was severe and mostly...
  3. T

Project for a serious game on ME/CFS - please send some feedback

Actually the game should be free and "informative", so it won't really have "marketing", just diffusion on social networks and medical networks: "If you have a relative or friend who doesn't understand ME, make them try this". It should be in an educational frame, like many similar games for...
  4. T

some links by the way, these are some links to some projects that have been realized to illustrate or help in some ways with various illnesses: a game on Alzheimer is very close to what I am trying to do, but it is still being developed, so I can't show it - some about cancer (although they...
  5. T

That s exactly the point. There is a "movement" that since a few years wants to use video games for education, advocacy etc http://www.gamesforchange.org only many educational games miss that point, are extremely boring, nobody learns anything and everybody loses. My research project sustains...
  6. T

// // // negative can be productive ;-)
  7. T

Hi! in fact FB was my first idea, but for research reasons it will have to be on an individual website, at least for a couple months - I am trying to see the compatibility between the two. It will have a profile on Facebook, anyway
  8. T

thank you, I also think it could make a good game :-) the more the challenges, the better the game..
  9. T

It s exactly that: you finish the energy, boom, back in bed - I see this is a common experience :)
  10. T

Thank you - multi player is not possible for budget issues, and also bad guys are at the moment not very likely in the project (I am trying to make this as badass as I can, (many educational games are horribly boring) but it is going to be more of a simulation, without "enemies" - but maybe...
  11. T

caledonia: in fact there are some levels at the beginning you can choose from, corresponding to various degrees of affection: mild, severe etc and when you choose the equivalent of "severe ME" and you start the game and try and move, basically your avatar does not move at all - only turns a...
  12. T

Thank you Tina! actually I am a Valentina. the thing about needing both energy and mental power, I wanted to put something like that. And yes, the game is all about energy management, you have to stay within your energy levels, and when you are without energy you cannot talk, move, and have to...
  13. T

OH! All these messages and I didn't know! Hi! So many answers, thank you! and I didn't receive any alert from the forum, so I didn't know, sorry about the delay - will try and reply individually :-)
  14. T

Hello everybody, my name is Tina, until one year ago I have been severely disabled for almost five years by ME/CFS. After years of discipline I recovered, although my life is still somehow limited, and, as right now I am working in research on serious games (video games with a purpose), I am...