• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Has anyone been completely cured of CFS?

I promised I would let this forum know if I ever relapsed following the Lightning Process - 4 years on and no, I'm still cured. As is my colleague L. I still have to use the process occasionally
  2. D

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Lots of ibs sufferers reckon they get relief from stinky gas using charcoal. But this from 2014 suggests approach with caution. http://consumer.healthday.com/alternative-medicine-information-3/mis-alternative-medicine-news-19/beware-claims-that-activated-charcoal-can-cure-gut-troubles-692912.html
  3. D

"I find it puzzling to read the kind of malignant comments some of your bloggers place on your web-site and else-where (from what I can see it’s often the same comments from a select group of individuals* in a variety of venues). I also find it interesting that some patients in the UK have...
  4. D

See my response to #307. "The reason I keep posting is because some of this forum's posts nearly stopped me from using LP and if they had succeeded I almost certainly would still be ill. I want people who visit this forum (either suffering from ME/CFS or possibly having been misdiagnosed as...
  5. D

Because I'm not, I'm a Business Unit Manager and Director of an NZ company headquartered in Auckland. I run their UK site. My name is Dr Philip Davies BSc, PhD, FCMI and you'll find me on LinkedIn if you look, where you'll even find an e-mail address. With this you can contact me to ensure I...
  6. D

I was quite sick, my colleague was very sick indeed. My previous posts describe her hideous suffering for 5-6 years. We were both diagnosed with CFS/ME. We have both been "cured" (inverted commas used to indicate I accept we might relapse). It is also possible we were both misdiagnosed...
  7. D

We both (independently) went on the Lightning Process training program, her in July 2013, me in January 2014. Neither of us has had a relapse since the training, which is why we both feel "cured".
  8. D

there are so many inaccuracies in this post I simply haven't the time or the inclination to bother responding except to cite Roosevelt in 1910: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The...
  9. D

When does temporary become permanent? How long would you say?
  10. D

Thank you for your thoughtful and considered response to my (and others) questions here regarding your experience with LP. - my pleasure - I thought I had already responded to your post #291 but it hasn't appeared so here goes again I confess I remain skeptical but am glad for you that you have...
  11. D

No one believes that one needs to consciously tell ones heart to beat or ones lungs to breathe. But it is absolutely the case that one can train ones brain/psyche/whatever to not react inappropriately to external and internal stimuli and invoke the flight/fight response unnecessarily. As for...
  12. D

I started visiting this site early/mid-2013 as someone diagnosed with CFS/ ME 2 years prior to this. Typical symptoms were PEF, swollen, glands, depression, agonising muscle pain, cognitive impairment. I had seen a long suffering, colleague cured of her CFS/ME by LP and in my web searches of...
  13. D

We don't know either way for sure. I say cure because my colleague has not had a relapse now since July 2013, and I haven't since January this year. We both feel "cured".
  14. D

You might well be describing the attributes of a cult, but it doesn't describe my behaviour, although I am indeed someone who has benefited from the lightning process. I did the course with one other person and there was zero peer pressure to do anything. It has been life changing but I...
  15. D

If you did the lightening (sic) process, then you might well have the energy. And you expose would merely show that many people who go through the proces are cured of whatever it was they were suffering from in the first place - I know I was. To describe the lightning process as a cult shows...
  16. D

Do lots of ME/CFS patients falsely believe they have ME/CFS or are they simply misdiagnosed?

LP isn't invalid for everyone - 100% of the people I personally know who have been through LP have been helped immeasurably - only two people, but they both recovered = 100% ;-)
  17. D

Do lots of ME/CFS patients falsely believe they have ME/CFS or are they simply misdiagnosed?

The lightning process isn't defunct, it's still alive and kicking - having cured me (in January 2014) and my colleague (in July 2013) of whatever it was we were suffering from - our respective (UK NHS) doctors both diagnosed our illness as CFS/ME.
  18. D

My wife’s breast cancer was initiated by a severe psychological shock. Following diagnosis she received chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery. She was also advised by her oncologist on how to approach the cancer psychologically, since the literature shows that those with a certain mental...
  19. D

I still have a full head of hair, have never needed the skills of a psychiatrist, have never been prescribed lithium, your last paragraph is incomprehensible so I can't comment on that one. There are too many people visiting here that might benefit as I have from LP and they need to have a...
  20. D

No - my question is has anyone ever been cured of ME/CFS
  21. D

It wouldn't be a surprise if I was defensive. But I'm not - I merely report what's happened to me (and a close colleague). Diagnosed with ME/CFS, cured by LP
  22. D

Objectively, I was diagnosed with ME/CFS - nothing I tried helped - then I did the LP and my life has been transformed - these are indisputable facts, not subjective hearsay. If you want to claim I was misdiagnosed then so be it.
  23. D

So has anyone ever been cured of CFS/ME?
  24. D

It cured me and my colleague and we both agree it was the best GBP650 we've ever spent
  25. D

, wordsmithing me is simply not a credible response - one "experiences" cancer, flu and ME - the phraseology does not and more importantly is not meant to trivialise any of these illnesses. The fact that you react so badly to mere semantics is very telling
  26. D

Ruben even ! Darned spellchecker!
  27. D

Cheers Rubens, I'll respond to you PMs soonest :-)
  28. D

Kina, I don't know why you respond to all my posts with such venom. I'm sure it can't be healthy. No one is insulting you in the least. My post merely lays out in factual detail my experience - and the experience of many others. I understand you might not agree, but why take it as a personal...
  29. D

If you read Parker's book, you will see he exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers, and nothing he says and nothing about LP trivialises ME in any way at all. He recognises it is a shockingly debilitating, frightening and dreadful experience. And the assertion that people are...
  30. D

Raindrop - many thanks for your congratulations, it means an awful lot to me to have someone on this site acknowledge me in this way. I have two experiences to discuss - one is my own and the other is someone who I saw every work day for 6 years. Me, I guess I was reasonably high functioning -...