• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mesurfer

Sleeping like I'm in winter hibernation .

I wonder how long you can survive basically Living you whole life in your bed without exercising
  2. Mesurfer

Sleeping like I'm in winter hibernation .

I sleep so much sometimes I think I have some type of narcolepsy
  3. Mesurfer

Level of Activity and Sleep

Yep.. me too. It’s the opposite of how it should be..
  4. Mesurfer

Frontal head pressure with cognitive and personality changes

I have this front head pressure with anxiety and depression. Bad post exertional malaise. only thing that helps is resting and clonozapam.
  5. Mesurfer

Any more vaccination personal stories?

I had the the first Pfizer shot. my shoulder was sore. That’s it.. next shot 2 weeks from now..
  6. Mesurfer

Does anyone crash after eating?

Yes following
  7. Mesurfer

24/7 Rocking sensation

I’ve had it early in my illness where I’d be sitting in a chair but feeling like I was doing forward rolls... it’s hard to explain.. luckily it eventually went away.. it might have had something to do with the inner ear.. doi you have any ear canal sensations?
  8. Mesurfer

Anyone heard of two siblings with ME?

My sister and I both have ME. She Is 7 yrs older than me. We both became ill in our mid twenties. She graduated magna cum luade from a prestigious college. She had to quit her job as a highschool teacher when it hit. She is almost 50 now and is not doing well. I got sick my sr year of college...
  9. Mesurfer

unrelenting flu feeling

Yes, I feel flu-like 42/7. The more I do, the worse I feel. Post exertional malaise. I’ve been in bed for the last 2 days all bc I went out for 2 hours Friday night. I’ve not found anything to stop it except for pacing, but that only minimizes it..
  10. Mesurfer

Fatigue after sleep

I have experienced this for the last 17 years, unfortunately I don't have any answers...
  11. Mesurfer

Pain in sides

Sorry to hear of your new pain under your ribs. I don't know what it could be but I wanted to mention I get the achy flank pain on both sides when experiencing PEM. I've heard other people talk about this pain too. Feel better!
  12. Mesurfer

Beware homepathy

Homeopathy actually works you just have to believe in the process. Just like amygdaloid retraining and the lightning process. If it doesn't work its your own fault for not believing or trying hard enough (sarcasm)
  13. Mesurfer

I just watched Megyn kelly interview Jen Brea on national tv!

Was so happy to see ME/CFS covered on megyn Kelly's Today show. Thanks Jen and Omar for a great interview! Such huge exposure. It feels like things are finally starting to change.
  14. Mesurfer

Community Symposium on molecular basis of MECFS! DISCUSSION THREAD!

Does anyone know the schedule. I'm curious when lunch is over and when the broadcast will continue?
  15. Mesurfer

Meditation as a tool to calm microglia?

I have tried meditation a couple of times over the last few years. I usually turn to it in times of extreme stress. It is more of a coping mechanism for me. I have such precious little energy right now I just can't see myself using it for meditation. sometimes I think about giving it a try but...
  16. Mesurfer

Is medical marijuana the answer to our constant fatigue?

People react to cannabis in very different ways. Years ago, I had known some people who could consume cannabis multiple times a day and go about their daily chores as if it was no big deal. On the other hand, some people are VERY sensitive to it and it will put them on the couch for hours. To...
  17. Mesurfer

CRAZY ECZEMA

I also have seboric dermatitis which popped up about a year before my CFS started. I have to keep up with it or it gets out of control. I use dandruff shampoo to wash my face. When it flares up I get self conscious. I wonder if an antifungal would help it. Clean diet seems to help. I'm not sure...
  18. Mesurfer

Ketogenic diet-MCAS person who may be salicylate intolerant.

Have you checked your kidneys. Poor kidney function can make you itch...
  19. Mesurfer

I always think it would have been better to be a junkie than to have this

Although "junkie" isn't really the nicest term to use and many addicts fell into the grips of addictionI by accident and deserve to be treated with respect. I do understand what you are saying. As I also think about this often. It doesn't seem fair, but I guess life isn't fair...
  20. Mesurfer

CFSAC Webinar June 29-30 Agenda & Call-In Number

Ok, thanks. I just tried to login but it isn't accesable with my iPad. I guess the phone will have to be good enough for now.
  21. Mesurfer

CFSAC Webinar June 29-30 Agenda & Call-In Number

Is anyone watching this? I'm listening on the phone but would like to watch it.
  22. Mesurfer

The ME Association to remain with the CFS/ME Research Collaborative

Are there ANY organizations in Britain that focus on biomedical research of chronic fatigue syndrome? It boggles my mind if the answers is no.
  23. Mesurfer

What induced your ME?

Stress during college and mono, was what broke the camels back..
  24. Mesurfer

Experiences with sleep apnea treatment amd ME/CFS

It was of no help to me. I still have all the equipments and think about giving it another try...
  25. Mesurfer

David Tuller needs our help

Done
  26. Mesurfer

should i pay $90,000 for stem cells?

NOOOOOOOOO
  27. Mesurfer

Calcifications in right adrenal (suprarenal) gland and kidneys

Hi can you describe your abdominal pain?? Sharp or dull, constant, or remitting ect.. I only ask bc I wonder if I have the same thing. Thanks..
  28. Mesurfer

Wake up several times a night

Yes, I have been told this in the past, I once tried Cortef and thought I was cured but it only lasted a few months. I'm thinking about giving it another try but naturally this time, adrenal extract, licorice root ect...