• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

detox profile results

Hi I had this test done at 23andme It's a sliva test. The test takes approx six weeks from date of order. Hope this helps Thanks Lisa x .
  2. L

detox profile results

hi all thanks for your advice i have now managed to download my detox profile. many thanks lisa x CYP1A1*2C A4889G rs1048943 TT -/- CYP1A1 m3 T3205C rs4986883 TT -/- CYP1A1 C2453A rs1799814 GG -/- CYP1A2 164A>C rs762551 AA -/- CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 CG +/- CYP1B1 N453S rs1800440 CT...
  3. L

I finally have my 23.me results

Hi Many thanks for all your Information. Can anyone explain CBS and what this is ? This is all so new to me and very daunting. I have tried low doses of folate and b12 and they all cause horrific side effects to the point where I am so bervous to take any supplements. Many thanks Lisa. X
  4. L

Hi everyone Thank you so much for all your replies. I originally had the test done as I have severe reactions to lots of supplements and its quiet severe. I have tried folate and also b12 but these make me hallucinate. You mentioned the detox profile is that an additional cost as I can't...
  5. L

hi many thanks for your help on this. I think i have managed to download my results but not to sure as this is right as computers are not my strongest point. Please see below Gene & Variation rsID Alleles Result COMT V158M rs4680 AA +/+ COMT H62H rs4633 TT +/+ COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-...
  6. L

Hello everyone As you know I have been waiting for hear for quiet a while. I now have these but the results mean nothing to me. I said I would post these to see if anyone can offer some advice. Does anyone know how I post these as the Information is online and what information should I post ...
  7. L

High IL-2 Levels

Hi I am Lisa I have a sever thyroid problem an yes since being diagnosed I have never been the same. I have tried many supplements and they all send me to a manic depressive state that's why I have joined this board as I believe I have a methylation problem and I hope once I have my 23.me...
  8. L

My anemia problem again shocking results

Hi all Many thanks for your replies everyone always takes time to answer my posts, so a big thanks. another doctor did mention a blood transfusion but my usual doctor has refused me this as I have a reaction to many supplements therefore worried what the side effect of having too much iron on...
  9. L

My anemia problem again shocking results

Hi all I know it's hard to solve the resolution until I get my 23.me results back (got the test today) but I have had my iron panel done again and the results are shocking Ferritin 2 Iron 1 My doctor does not seem concerned as they have said its low and that's and told me to iron...
  10. L

I have just bought the 23.me test

Wow thank you all for your fantastic input. I am hoping it can help me as much as everyone else. Methylation is so complicated so at least I have a starting point Hi Helen thanks for your response also, unfortunatey I have tried b12 along with folate but again I get the same reactions. Palps...
  11. L

Wow thank you all for your fantastic input. I am hoping it can help me as much as everyone else. Methylation is so complicated so at least I have a starting point Hi Helen thanks for your response also, unfortunatey I have tried b12 along with folate but again I get the same reactions. Palps...
  12. L

Hi everyone I have just finally purchased this test after saving all month. I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on this test and has it helped you. I have a lot going on with hypothyroidism low ferritin and extremley low iron but can not tolerate iron due to hallucinations and high...
  13. L

Heavy metal detoxing

Hi Sorry I forgot to ask caledonia. What is the gut rebuild programme ? Is this a test you can have ? Many thanks Lisa x
  14. L

Heavy metal detoxing

Hi everyone' Many thanks for all your responses it is greatly appreciated. I was told Epsom salts was good for removing heavy metals as always I have paid a fortune for a practitioner to tell me to take the epsom salts and I have had a reaction and a the praritioner wants another fee to...
  15. L

Heavy metal detoxing

Hi all I am using Epsom salts to metal detox after 6 years ho i had 6 silver fillings removed. I am using a spoonful only of Epsom salts in the bath but The next day I have very very high snxiety and vivid nightmares. Is this normal using so little. My history seems to be repeating on me as I...
  16. L

Can food cause disruption to methylation cycle

Hi I am in the early stages of learning about methylation, me, cfs etc I have ordered the 23.me test but I have sever reactions of anxiety when taking any Kind of vitamins. As I am folate deficient and anaemic I had a veg smoothie yesterday am desperate to feel well and though this would...
  17. L

Cognitive- Do you forget what you learn because of CFS?

Hi My name is Lisa I am new to this board so sorry i can not offer any helpful advice. i am currently going through the same thing I have trouble reading and I am 33 and resorting to hire a tutor o help me back on track. I would love to hear any advice also. Thanks Lisa x
  18. L

I'm falling apart - can anyone help

Thanks , I am really nervous re the iron infusion just in case I have a reaction like all the other meds, il keep my fingers crossed. Can I ask when your ferritin was so low did you feel pains and twinges especially in your arms and legs and chest area. Thanks Lisa x
  19. L

Hi Yes I think I need to deal with the anemia ASAP. I am back to the gp to make my decision regards to the iron infusion, iI think that will be quicker to get my levels up. I will also try the liver. Thank you for all your support and will keep you all updated. Thanks Lisa x
  20. L

Hi thanks Thanks for your quick response its much appreciated. I have never taken any liver support before, I am taking a probiotic supplement an see to be ok with that. Is liver support milk thistle ? I am feeling very stressed regarding the weeding but I think it seems to be accelerating...
  21. L

Hi I posted a thread last week and since then I have ordered the 23.me test. The thing is I feel like I am Falling apart. Yesterday I had a reaction to my usual makeup therefore I took an antihistamine tablet and I woke up today to find I feel how I feel after taking b vitamins and ssri ,s. I...
  22. L

My story please can anyone help

Wow thanks you for all this information so quickly what a great help. Now I have a starting point at least. I am here in the uk and will update my profile. Due to my severe iron deficiency my gp has ordered me to have an iron infusion, I am very concerned at the side effects this is going to...
  23. L

My story please can anyone help

Hi I am new to this forum and wondered if I could gain any advice. Like everyone I have a long story of struggle and this is my last attempt to try and get some answers. Il try and give you as much information as I can without rambling on too much. I developed hypothyroidism 12 years ago...