• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Daily Headaches

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I personally stopped seeing doctors to perscribe me migrane meds because everything they tried I wound up being allergic to- and they never found the "cause" of them- just more wasted money. I will try the herbal supliments as I wont have insurance till...
  2. F

Daily Headaches

Im actually allergic to sulfer/sulfa...that was found out a few years prior to the attack. Jah- what are digestive enzymes? Ive never taken anything like that.
  3. F

Daily Headaches

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago and my stomach has been a mess since then. I noticed I was waking up with them, so I thought it was something in my room (or even just the change in weather) but they stay all day, even after taking the excedrin's. Im sensitive to dairy, so I generally...
  4. F

Daily Headaches

I dont really have too much of an issue with nausea when taking excedrin but Im concerned about the future problems that my arise from taking pain killers on a daily basis. caffine/chocolate does help on occasion, but its not something I want to be accustomed to taking on a daily basis.
  5. F

Daily Headaches

The attack was 13 years ago...yes there was blood drawn (the dog ripped open my lip) but they had me on extremely strong antibiotics afterwords, so if there was any infection it should have been knocked out of my system. I currently have no health insurance, so I cant afford to go see a...
  6. F

Daily Headaches

My diet / sleep patterns have not changed. Ive been suffering from migraines since I was 11 (after being attacked by a dog) and I am used to them coming and going. But lately Ive been waking up with them on an almost daily basis which is new. Ive cleaned everything in my bedroom up and down to...
  7. F

Daily Headaches

Recently my headaches have been getting worse and on a more consistent daily basis. I usually take Excedrin migraine extra strength, but its not working the way that it used to. Any suggestions on other things to try would be great, I cant concentrate at work as it is, and with these...
  8. F

Help needed with understanding a result

So I lost my cobra insurance recently, and was printing out all my lab results that Aetna has just to have a record of them. I found a test that was done that I was not sure of, and tried looking up information online. From what Im gathering, I have tested positive for Babesia, but Im not...
  9. F

Need help with understanding a results

Moving post...realized it was in the wrong section. sorry!
  10. F

Frustrated with Insurance Not Paying for My Meds

My current scripts are covered under CVS-Caremark. I dont know the cost of it (because I pay for it through Cobra) but my meds are very cheap. I also know that they also have a refill program where you mail them the script and then they mail you your meds, and the cost difference is relatively...
  11. F

Do you have scoliosis, double jointed, MVPS?Odd overlap- Connective Tissue Disorders?

Yeah...Im 24...most of those fractures were between the ages of 10 and 14. My doctors always said to "drink more milk" but none of them actually told me that I had any kind of vitamin deficiency. I consistantly "sprain" things in the dumbest ways. Edit:: After reading about Marfan's that seems...
  12. F

Do you have scoliosis, double jointed, MVPS?Odd overlap- Connective Tissue Disorders?

I dont know about the short stature part (as I am the tallest female in my family, and I also have the widest hips and have not been pregnant) but I am the only one that is "double jointed" so to say. My fingers/elbows turn into positions that no one should be able to do. This also had a huge...
  13. F

Nose, Sinuses, Eyes, Throat, Teeth... non-stop suffering, anyone?

Ive been suffering with severe sinus infections for a few years now. Ones that would last for months with no relief and ones that turned into bronchitis. I went to an allergist who did a scan that Ive never had before and who also checked me for h-pylori. no allergies, but turns out my sinus...
  14. F

Medical Marijuana to Treat Kids with OCD, Autism ...

I personally would never recommend to use this to treat pyschiatric problems. I feel like it almost "tricks" your brain into thinking your body is no longer in pain and you no longer feel sick. I don't suffer from brain fog the way that I read people on here do...I have ocassions where I can't...
  15. F

Medical Marijuana to Treat Kids with OCD, Autism ...

Because of my stomach issues, marijuana is one of the best things for me. A lot of pain medications make me ill so when I have a bad headache, stomach pains (I mean the kind where Im on the bathroom floor in a ball crying my eyes out) or in just general body pain, I feel a lot better after using...
  16. F

Modes of transmission of XMRV - MRVs

I had cats (and one who was amazing at catching mice, birds and ground hogs), guinea pigs, a hampster and lived by the woods so mosquito bites / tick bites were a normal thing. I would assume its extremely possible I became sick from any of these. My hampster bit me one time, when he was sick &...
  17. F

Cryptovirus found in 96% of ME/CFS patients (old research news from 2006)

If anyone wants to contact him regarding this, his name comes up as a professor at Arcadia University. I personally am still learning the terminology used on this site and I am relatively confused, otherwise I would contact him myself. robbinss@arcadia.edu
  18. F

Gynecological problems - Xmrv

I had a biopsy done on the wall of my uterus about 6 months before coming down with the virus that I believe has caused me to be where I am at today. I was 12. They said that it was too thick but the biospy came back ok. For the past 3 or 4 months my periods went from being timed on a clock to...
  19. F

Adrenaline surges?

I know how you feel...when Im very stressed out, even though Im physically and mentally exhausted, I get these energy surges where I just can't sit still. I wind up having to go to the gym to exercise the energy out of me and I inevitably crash. (Im actually having one of those weeks where my...
  20. F

CFS doctors in NY/NJ that take Aetna

Thanks for the suggestions minimus. I think Im actually going to try my luck with an internal medicine doctor...after i get all my records from my old peditrician. (When it all kind of started). Bee- between my rent, health insurance (I have to pay out of pocket), car insurance, transit costs...
  21. F

Ok so I am completely batting zero. I called my insurance's ask-a-nurse to have them recommend a specific doctor specialty who can properly treat and diagnose me. She suggested I see a psychatrist. What do you think are the best "types" of doctors to see in order to be diagnosed? I cannot...
  22. F

Showers are very bad for me

I have no idea what it is, but Ive had instances where Ive blacked out in the shower before- and the past year or so every time Ive showered, I immediately have to go to the bathroom. I also sweat in the shower. To stop sweating I started lowering the temperature gradually throughout the shower...
  23. F

Spinal headache and spinal tap?

Just a follow up, have you recovered yet or recieved the clot? I had a spinal tap done in the ER before being admitted for a day and then sent home. The next morning I woke up with the worst headache known to man- it actually felt like my brain was bouncing around in my skull. My mom rushed me...
  24. F

Ive heard of both of them, and I can afford neither. The inital visits are 300+ since they do not take my insurance.
  25. F

Well I called, and they wouldn't take me on as she doesn't deal with CFS- although her name is listed on another forum for this. hmph. I started looking at the other site this morning before work, got through a few names but so far no one that is covered through my insurance. Is it always...
  26. F

Im checking today to see if her Brooklyn office has an earlier appointment available and if not then Ill make the October 1st appointment. Thanks so much for the sites and your help :Retro biggrin:
  27. F

I checked out the co-cure site for NY and NJ and couldn't find a doctor (other than a chiropractor) who take my insurance. I found a rheumatologist, but her first appointment available for new patients isn't until October 1st.
  28. F

I've been reading a lot about CFS and strongly believe that this may be what I have been dealing with for so many years without answers. I want to find a doctor who can help to diagnose me properly, but I have been running into a roadblock when it comes to coverage. I currently have Aetna...