• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

comparison of Q fever fatigue syndrome and CFS

kejimel conveniently cherry picks evidence to back up his views, check out his preliminary data it using now outdated data on CBT used in fatigue illness and conveniently ignoring the body of work from the Q fever research group done by the now sadly deceased Prof Marmion. Marmion et al had...
  2. J

Lapp Reports XMRV is Found in CFS Using Genome Detection Technology/Ampligen News

nail patella syndrome nail patella syndrome might be something the nail people should look into
  3. J

Virology podcast on XMRV

what was the bit about supermarket cereal testing positive for XMRV sequences (i.e it wasnt REALLY xmrv it was a false positive and a common contaminant showing up in the testing) i.e something was wrong with the testing method??!?!?! can anyone explain that bit? by coffin and rhind???
  4. J

Respirator for O2/CO2 balance

hi this is fascinating becuase I too also have mystery low blood levels of carbon dioxide....initially I was sent to physiotherapist becuase they thought I was stressed and sorta having panic attacks, which I wasnt, the physio couldnt seem to find anything I was doing that could cause it, i.e me...
  5. J

Gearing Up for the Big Search for XMRV - WSJ Article

I do not trust shepherd, I have a freind who wrote to him and shepherd suggests in the reply that essentially that the uk retrovirologists do NOT beleive in the link to M.E....
  6. J

Article: Breaking Out!

of course it is wonderful that some pople including this blogger are improving, and I hope they continue to improve. But personally I am very confused about some of the actions of hemisperex and the company does not come accross favourably in my opinion also I think its good to look at any...
  7. J

Twiv - This week in Virology, Interview with Prof Myra McClure!

they have had the special guest on TVIV 100, its up on their blog for all to see, it was some virology researcher, they ask him breifly about xmrv but its just in passing
  8. J

New twiv on xmrv

its at about -45 on the twiv countdown timer counter on the podcast
  9. J

Abstracts from the 1st XMRV Conference

exactly the same here....i didnt get bone marrow test tho but haematologist just wanst interested, apart from ironically giving me an HIV test and all the hepatitis tests, once they were negative he just sent me on my way....which i found ironic....like it could have been hiv or hepatitis or...
  10. J

why is no one picking up on the fact that the infected wild mice had panleukopenia????? this is a lowered immune system i.e low white cells accross the board....leaving them open to more infections on top...like HIV people...I am a patient who HAS panleukopenia and have always thought it was...
  11. J

wild mice the infected wild mice had leukopenia...that really jumped out at me...i have leukopenia i.e low white cells accross the board.....people with HIV have similar I beleive, hence I was offered an HIV test by 3 docs now, that struck me as possibly very telling
  12. J

Lo/Alter virus sequences

I have been trying to research a bit on google about what implications this has but I have to admit defeat as its beyond my science knowledge....one thing I did find was a comment on a skeptic blog that claimed that when the data was "blasted" whatever that means! and that its possibly an...
  13. J

Lo/Alter virus sequences

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore?term=mlv-related%20virus%20cfs
  14. J

Susceptibility of the human retrovirus XMRV to antiretroviral inhibitors

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/70 XMRV to antiretroviral inhibitors Robert A Smith email, Geoffrey S Gottlieb email and A Dusty Miller email Retrovirology 2010, 7:70doi:10.1186/1742-4690-7-70 Published: 31 August 2010 Abstract (provisional) Background XMRV (xenotropic...
  15. J

Dr Esther Crawley discusses XMRV and WPI, March 2010

there an error here, half way through the abbrev switches from EC to EG and a couple of typos and spelling errors, just thought would mention this as it could be important
  16. J

CFS etc over on Bad Science

if you are genuninely interested, then I can suggest a few things to look into, perhaps a good place to start would be , Dr Klimas who has been working on the illness for many years, she studies 2 illnesses HIV and ME/CFS, she is on record saying that if he HAD to have one, she would choose HIV...
  17. J

CFS etc over on Bad Science

hi badsciencemonk, I would be interested to know what you are trying to find out? please give me a couple of questions please, so I can get the gist. Secondly the original poster (the fellow from the guardian) seems to have gone quiet....does he have any more to comment? I hope you can...
  18. J

Judy Mikovits presenting in Edinburgh on 21 April

dr mikovits will be presenting in scotland via phone apparently....thats wht the WPI said when i emailed their info line, regards j
  19. J

cheney heart test name?!

The Test: Impedance Cardiograph thanks very much for this detailed info, one question would be is there any more uptodate stuff on the names of tests etc, its just the only info I can find anywhere seems to be from 2005, I thought cheney had updated his views since then and done more research...
  20. J

cheney heart test name?!

hi I have been writing lots of letters recently to various organisations, I wrote to one heart charity to try and notify them about the low heart output tests that Dr Cheney uses, they have asked me to inform them of the esact name of the test, just wondering if anyone knows the esact name...
  21. J

lactoferrin

lactoferrin I heard is supposed to be good for cfs/me, anyone know more about it or tried it? its supposed to do something to the immune system, cheers Jim
  22. J

Fiber is Bad For ME/CFS Patients! (?)

probiotics hi I am new, I have read the fiber gut h2s probiotic article and am having a NIGHTMARE trying to find any probiotics without the PREbiotics which can cause issues according to the article and also I cannot seem to find any PRObiotics that dont have the D-lactate causing strains, I...