• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Hack my reaction? Please help.

THanks for your comments! Your improvements are impressive! I really know the 2 step forward 1 step back thing. It's really getting me down about the prospects of a full recovery. I'm super ecstatic to have the depression gone though. Nothing was ever as bad as that depression/anxiety. But...
  2. J

So I know this thread is quite old but I wanted to come back to give a HUGE thank you to the folks that pointed me in the mercury direction. I do feel very certain that the severe depression/anxiety was brought on my using ALA while I had my mercury fillings replaced. It has taken a long time...
  3. J

Twitching eye

Sorry - just saw your post - I've been focused on mercury lately, so have been missing the threads here. Anyway, it seemed to be magnesium - started using more topical magnesium and it went away. I also increased methyl-B12 since then and dropped the AdB12, so that could have done it. Or it...
  4. J

Sorry - a TMI stool question.....Ammonia

Hi everyone; I'm looking for a little guidance - I am stuck! I had great results adding in methyl-folate and methyl-B12. I still can't add in l-carnitine fumarate or much of anything else as I get extremely irritable and/or anxious. I will work on adding slowly. However, I am wondering...
  5. J

What's this veggie folate deficiency I see mentioned?

Some veggies are very high in oxalates which can cause issues for some people.
  6. J

L carnitine fumarate and anxiety

Thanks everyone. I guess I started way too high. Anxiety is nearly down to baseline today. Maybe in a few days I will try a tiny amount.
  7. J

Advice on amalgam removal?

I second the yahoo group - they have been amazing for me. There are also a few blogs dedicated to the cutler protocol that are good so you may want to check some out. Cutler recommends either no chelation OR chelation with either DMSA or DMPS starting about 1 week after amalgam removal...
  8. J

L carnitine fumarate and anxiety

Hi everyone; I've been doing great on methyl-B12 and methyl-folate. Yesterday I added in one capsule of l carnitine fumarate 855 mg. I have had a major uptick in anxiety since then. Really bad yesterday, and still unpleasant today. Anyone else experience this? Any thoughts on why or how to...
  9. J

Is this a decent B-complex?

Thanks for the response! Since I am already taking separate l-methylfolate and methyl-B12, I was thinking of just taking a quarter or half dose per day. Would that be okay?
  10. J

Is this a decent B-complex?

As anyone used the Thorne Research Basic B Complex? I have had good success adding methyl folate and methyl B12, but my B-right seems to contain some folate, so I'd like to switch. It doesn't seem to contain any problematic form of B vitamins - at least that I can see.... Any thoughts...
  11. J

Long time lurker coming out to thank Freddd

is there any issue with the nature made b6 not being the p-5-p active form? i have read that some people may not convert well. sorry for crappy typing - soaking a burned hand right now.
  12. J

other B vitamins

Thanks Critterina; I am heterozygous for BHMT-02 CT +/- BHMT-04 AC +/- BHMT-08 CT +/- Would that be enough to warrant TMG addition? I'll give the P5P a try.
  13. J

other B vitamins

Hi everyone; I've been doing great since starting methylfolate and methylB12. I got some labs done and found my B12 has increased from 300-500 so I'm absorbing some. But my homocysteine level was 10.3. Not high by the lab standards, but higher than is ideal from most of what I've read. It...
  14. J

Twitching eye

Since starting methyl-folate (along with very low doses of methylB12 and AdB12) I have developed a persistent twitch in my left eye. Is this and indication of low potassium? Or something else? The methylfolate addition has helped immensely with my severe depression and anxiety, so I don't...
  15. J

My Recent Experience with B12 and Folate

Any chance you are deficient in Magnesium? Adding topical magnesium oil and eliminating caffeine from my diet got rid of my migraines.
  16. J

Help with my detox genetic genie results?

Wow - that is interesting. Makes me really nervous about this whole chelation thing I'm planning to start next week. Would you mind sharing what your doc says when you see him?
  17. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Increasing the methylfolate has gotten rid of the mouth sores, but I do have a constant twitch in my left eye now. Anxiety is up and down. Maybe I need more potassium?
  18. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

I missed this comment somehow - but I do have a sore throat whenever I have this anxiety. I wonder if it could be related to low B12. Maybe it's time to order some.... Thanks!!
  19. J

Sublingual B-right?

Hi everyone; I am trying to get a low dose of B vitamins including a little methyB12 to go along with the methylfolate and AdB12 I am taking. But too much methylB12 gives me anxiety. So, I have been trying to open up a Jarrow B-Right capsule and put a little sprinkle under my tongue in the...
  20. J

Burning muscles

Wow - I had no idea other people experienced that. When I mention it to my doctor, she looks at my like I am on crack. I found 2 things help a ton with that - potassium and L-glutamine. I found both by accident. If I take both, I have no symptoms. Not sure if either of those are a problem...
  21. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Good to know. It's a little tricky to navigate this field - seems there are so many versions of what to do!!
  22. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Thank you! I think perhaps that is what is happening. I am a little afraid to take a b multi since it made me anxious before, but maybe i can take a low dose. Is Jarrow B-right okay?
  23. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Also, I forgot to mention that yesterday I started getting sores in my mouth. If I remember correctly that is one of the signs to watch for after starting methylfolate - indicating you may need more..... Does that sound right?
  24. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Thank you! I guess I must have pretty strong methylfolate pills then, I am only taking one half of one pill per day! Oh wait----I just checked, my pills are 800 mcg not mg. Okay - I am taking 400 mcg per day. The CBS thing is going to be a problem for me I think. I eat a pretty strict...
  25. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Oh....And I am not taking a lot of methylfolate now. 400-600 mg once per day.
  26. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Thanks so much for your response. It was silly of me not to include my snps. I just am not sure which ones are most relevant so I have to post all my 23andme Results. Sorry!! As for the other questions - yes, I did probably overdo it a bit (or a lot :)) I guess I never thought that could...
  27. J

Uh-0h....a backslide

Hi everyone; I recently started methylfolate and AdB12. (I had tried TMG and MethylB12 as well at one point but they caused anxiety) Anyway, I felt really great after starting those two - my anxiety was 99% gone and the depression was too. My energy was really improved. But I can feel...
  28. J

Methylfolate + AdB12 = good or recipe for methyltrap?

Hi everyone; I had some trouble with anxiety when I started TMG, methylfolate, methylB12, and AdB12 all at once. About a week ago I started methylfolate and AdB12, I experienced a dramatic improvement in my mental health. I almost feel back to my normal self after a year of wicked...
  29. J

Oh wow - that sounds like hell. I know that horrible depression and dread the idea of it coming back for even a day. I am so sorry you are suffering. Have you considered trying anti-depressants? I know they do not treat the underlying issue, but for me, they allowed me to get well enough to...
  30. J

Thanks again for all the encouragement!! I am happy to read that your have improved so much. I am feeling so much better with the methylfolate and AdB12 added that I can take a breath and make a decent plan to proceed with chelation. Thanks!!!