• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. nyfirefly11

Lymes disease testing options HELP

1st, you want to find an LLMD, ideally (healing well forums may be able to help). 2nd, do the Stony Brook University (if you can get it done in Canada) and do Igenex Western Blot and PCR. I you can do the co-infection tests too, do those. Other sites are BetterHealthGuy and Stephen Buhner works.
  2. nyfirefly11

23andme Results

Valentijn, I got some hydroxy B12 and started taking it on Fri. I also went up to 400mcg on the methyl-folate. It's hard to say what the reaction was - both Fri and Sat during the day I was feeling extremely tired (especially right after taking it), though Friday night I felt great. But today...
  3. nyfirefly11

23andme Results

Whoops, that should be Glutamine, not Glutamate! I definitely think over-methylation is bad for me, since in the past, when I've taken melatonin, MSM, SAMe, or theanine, all of which are normally calming, they make me feel like I'm going crazy. Thanks for the link - I'll check it out. I...
  4. nyfirefly11

23andme Results

Thank you SO much! This is so helpful. Some thoughts: 1. I do have high homocysteine, so it'd be nice to get to 400mcg on the methyl folate (already taking phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine). But, it sounds like over methylation could be an issue, so I'll switch from the methyl B12 to...
  5. nyfirefly11

23andme Results

Hello! I'm so excited I found this forum! Here are my results - what do I need to know? ACE-rs4343: GG (+/+)? ACAT1-rs3741049: GG (-/-)? COMT V158M - rs4680 - AG +/- COMT H62H - rs4633 - CT +/- COMT P199P - rs769224 - GG -/- VDR Bsm - rs1544410 - CC -/- VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/- MAO A R297R...