• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

short term memory and learning problems

Dude, I'm very caution about all these drugs. They do nothing but hurt your pockets. I've tried everything, nothing really works. And if it does work then it's very temp. Have you consider taking Nuvigil ?
  2. R

Is this normal brain fog or a crisis?

I have these issues. However, when I was going to school I can study in and out and was able to ace the exams. Everyday I felt like memory was weak and crappy. But in my Anatomy and Physiology class I was able to get an A. I had to study weeks in advance but was able to get an A. Now that I...
  3. R

Lack of Social Skills due to CFS?

I feel that I no longer am able to enjoy hanging out or be around large group of feel. I feel cold and quite. I don't interact much and if I do I'm not sure what to say anymore. I was not like this I used to be very out going and starting conversation with people back in 2005 and 2006. What...
  4. R

Do you work / have career?

How is that Dr. Jacob Talibeth or whatever his name is is able to work / promote his product from fatigue to fantastic if he has CFS. He claims he has CFS, but then how did he end up finishing med school?
  5. R

Can my kids / Wife get CFS from ME?

Wait this is making sense now...my cfs is really from viral infection. After my encounter I also ended up getting prostatitis from this. It was a staph infection. I was given a course of doxy for long time..... So pretty much, this girl I was with seem to have every single disease.... All...
  6. R

Cognitive- Do you forget what you learn because of CFS?

Claudia Goodell, How do you deal with this disease? You've already had so much in life and you seem to lost all. You've were an audiologist and i'm sure you worked so hard to get to that point. I just hate the fact that I can not quick think enough when my brain power is required.
  7. R

What do you do? Type of field?
  8. R

Today for instance was a great day. I feel 100% cognitively sharp. But the truth is far from real. I know tomorrow my fatigue will creep right back along with headaches and feeling dizzy. I've been ill for 10 years now. However, knock on the wood, I feel I can work just fine. I work 55 - 60...
  9. R

I was healthy individual who never had any symptoms of any sort. Then suddenly, after coming down with various viral infections my immunological panel was not in good stage of healthy, especially the NK cells. My CD48 or something along that line which are B-cells were really low along with high...
  10. R

AND check your immunological panel. You will quickly notice your NK cells are low. Your CBC will be normal, but not your immunological panel test...NK Cells are ridiculously low. This is the case in my.
  11. R

How can you have autoimmune disease, it just don't happen on its own. I know its viral infection because host of my symptoms started after EBV / CMV mono that never went away. Six months into my infection I already started feeling fatigue and I already knew something was not right. From then on...
  12. R

Are my family members at risk of contracting CFS from me?
  13. R

You know I'm realizing to why I question my sanity. I accepted a lot of my life than I have. I'm surrounded by successful family who are millionaires, doctors, lawyers and here I am working a restaurant. I think this is what brings me down everyday. I keep comparing myself to others. I don't...
  14. R

I'm not sure what I can do anymore. From reading many of these post I feel cognitively I am slower than many of you. Many of you seem to type / write well on the forum tells me that cognitively you are all well. Read my post and you'll see that I write like a fourth grader. I tried so hard to...
  15. R

Brain fog is so real. This has to be one my most devastating symptom. I can't recall information quick enough. Not processing information quick enough, e.g..not being quick on your feet is that normal? Is this one of brain fog symptoms?
  16. R

How do you pay for medical bills?

Yea 2014 everyone needs to have health insurance or pay fine on federal tax return.
  17. R

How do you pay for medical bills?

Do you all have free government health insurance or something? Every time I go to a doc I'm hit with couple hundred dollars in bills. I can not afford that. How is everyone managing bills?
  18. R

Life sucks. I went on to linkedin today and was browsing connection profile where I saw some of my old friends that I have lost touch with. Some of them are directors at large firms, few of them are patent lawyers and doctors. This got me thinking where did I go wrong? How come I'm still working...
  19. R

Anyone in IT field?

If I can't do anything in IT then I need to find something in health care. Perhaps, respiratory therapist or pt assistance or RN. Any of the allied field i'm off. Has anyone worked as a sleep study tech? I have CFS but not enough that I can't work. Cognitive wise in the beginning i know it...
  20. R

Anyone in IT field?

I was thinking more like tech support then working my way up to network engineer. I know programming is not a good gig to get into at this point since most of development is off shore. I do know that networking is not a bad field but entry level pay sucks until your trained enough.
  21. R

Anyone in IT field?

I just wanted to know how you cope with CFS if your currently working in IT field. I'm thinking about switching career to IT if I can not do health care. I need to get out of restaurant industry. I'm spending way many hours on my feet dealing with sub par workers. It really stresses me out...
  22. R

What do you mean?
  23. R

Gee...I really thought my brain fog was sever than most you, boy am I wrong. I have brain fog but not bad enough were I can not function. I mean I can manage a restaurant and I am very sharp compare to my coworkers. I manage my coworkers, I tell them what to do so cognitive I think I am okay...
  24. R

So what do you do all day? Watch TV...It seems like that is the only thing we are good at.
  25. R

Life sucks. Why us? Literally, we've spent half of our life studying and building career path for nothing. I just don't understand how can medical society not figure out what is wrong with many of us. If CMV and EBV are cause of CFS then were is the treatment? As for now the only solution I...
  26. R

Basically, high demand career are forbidden to take on for CFS patient. I just can't imagine how many dreams have been shatter because of CFS. Can you imagine if your a lawyer or doctor put yourself through college and suddenly be diagnose with CFS. What a curve ball life throws at you...
  27. R

In an ideal situation I would agree not to push yourself hard enough so that it will cause relapse. However, observation through myself I concluded that if your financially okay then take it easy, if not then you have to work or at least have a career to support your family. What "beyond"...
  28. R

Is this normal for us to forget things that once we were good at? For example, I started memorizing vocabulary list few months ago to see how I will do in near future. After having it in my long term memory for a while I stopped practicing. Few months later I try to recall the words i barely...
  29. R

I notice lately that anything I learned in the past I have forgotten. I feel cognitively I am stupid. I can not write or follow simple instruction without writing them down. My writing skills is no good anymore. My short term memory is no good, however my long term memory is great. Any...
  30. R

I agree about pushing your self too much will cause relapse. But, you have to do something in life to achieve greater good. How can we go on with our lives this way?