• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Gulf War Illness (/CFS): two subgroups in response to exercise challenge?

Thanks for the welcome, the clarification, and of course for reporting on these papers. I am astonished that the VO2 max thing was not what I thought. Wow. So nothing is ever simple after all... I hope that my surmise/assumption/guess will be true--that some second-day tests are so messed-up...
  2. H

Also, it is hard to express my irritation with STOPP "Stress Test Occurring Phantom Perception". First of all, they operationalized it into "tender point exams." That's all it is. Those are controversial as to what they even represent. Maybe in the study it was meant to represent changes...
  3. H

I'm disappointed to see here what seems like Snell waffling-- or, even more disappointing, what seems like Snell trying to confuse the issue. I think the two-day exercise test is so important because it demonstrates that THERE EXIST people whose VO2 max drops on the second day. Because of...