• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. traray

Why would SAM-e make someone tired?

I had the same experience. I tried to incorporate SAMe on and off for 3 years. A crumb at a time. Finally one day I felt energy and clear thinking after SAMe. At the advice of my naturopath I worked the dose up to 1600 mg per day. That was great for a year. Energy, greatly reduced pain and...
  2. traray

Dopamine?

I have taken Tyrosine for pain for a couple of years now. I watched this YouTube video (which I think someone on this forum shared) and added DLPA (which I only toke occasionally when my brain felt heavy and dead) and added mucuna dopa. So now I take 1000 mg tyrosine, 1000 mg DLPA 1-3 times a...
  3. traray

Solgar 800mcg Methyl folate $7.99 @ Piping Rock

I apologize if everyone already knows this, but I have been frequently catching 100 ct Solgar 800 mcg Methyl folate for $7.99 @ Piping Rock http://www.pipingrock.com/l-methylfolate
  4. traray

Awesome video on Fibromyalgia

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I have long thought my FM was in my brain and specifically that I needed more dopamine. It is very exciting to have this confirmation!
  5. traray

Has anyone tried Simply Right methylcobalamin from Sam's Club?

Sam's Club sells 2 bottles of Simply Right sublingual B12 methylcobalamin, 200-2500mcg tabs for $17.88. Has anyone tried this product? Is it any good? Seems like I'm always the one who tries things trying to save money and winds up wasting it on bad products..... Thanks!
  6. traray

Insitol hexanicotinate interfere with methylation?

I like your question and was hoping someone would answer.....I take this occasionally combined with choline and have wondered if it was a good idea.
  7. traray

Methylcobalamin Inhalation Therapy

Ok, so I bought all the stuff too.....cannot get a vapor coming out of the E-cig. Been back to the vape shop twice and they're nice but don't want to advise me on mixing things that are not their product. I bought a flavored 50/50 VG PG mixture. So help me understand exactly how you are...
  8. traray

Metafolin Absorption Rates

I swallow my first metafolin dose in the morning and let the other doses for the day dissolve under my tongue. It's hard to schedule my whole day around taking some supps on an empty stomach - now that I'm feeling better I'm busier! This seems to work fine for me. I haven't noticed any decrease...
  9. traray

Natural hair color coming back

I've been following Freddd's methylation protocol for 7 months. A few weeks ago I noticed my natural hair color coming back in an area that had gone completely gray! Of all the benefits from this program, I wan't expecting this. Has anyone else experienced this?
  10. traray

Can you help me with the dosage?

Ha, sorry the experts haven't weighed in yet.....I will tell you my experience with L-Carnitine furmarate. I started on one Dr.s Best 855 mg capsules twice a day and worked up to 4 a day, taking one each time I took methylfolate. I began experiencing extreme, and I mean extreme stomach upset...
  11. traray

What is the latest on Webber 5,000 Methyl b-12 PLEASE

I just rec'd my bottle of webber 5000mcg meb12 yesterday. I can't say I would recommend it. It dissolves very quickly, I am able to hold other brands 45 minutes, this barely lasts 10. Also no noticeable effects. I was hoping it would be great, it would have been a huge cost savings. I am also...
  12. traray

Healing results---good news

Thanks for sharing this....I see a lot of people asking for validation that the protocol works and it is important for the successful to share with us who are just beginning our journey! I am at 3 months now and I have some of the same tingling, burning, sensations and tremors as you, so that...
  13. traray

Question re brain-fog

I am just like you....many many supplements for years trying to find healing. The two things that have made the biggest changes for me are iodine and Freddds entire B12 protocol. Been on it 2 months now, lots of ups and downs but the consistent improvement is clear thinking. Hopefully...
  14. traray

Having some issues.....

Only thyroid and hormones. Nothing regarding B12
  15. traray

Having some issues.....

Sorry, first time here. Had seen where some posts go back and forth asking for more info. Guess I included too much. Should I delete it?
  16. traray

Having some issues.....

Hello! I am new here and so grateful for all this information! But there is alot of info here, I have been scrolling through pages and pages of posts. So I apologize in advance if I ask a question that has already been answered. I am 48 yo female with FM. Last year had glutathione infusions and...