• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

Significant improvement on MitoQ

Is PQQ basically the same as mitoQ?
  2. Z

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I was hoping for some advice. I have IBS, odd food sensitivities (ie. gluten and some undetermined ones) and what appears to be a very low stomach acid environment (self-diagnosed). Also, have gallstones, though asymptomatic. I started RS via PS recently. I was able to get to 4Tbs rather...
  3. Z

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

May I ask where you purchased it from? I am thinking of trying it as well.
  4. Z

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

I was just curious if anyone on this thread has trid C60 in olive oil to support the SOD2 mutation?
  5. Z

My girlfriends sons results

Thanks for the info!
  6. Z

When he was very young, she tried a gluten free diet with him but it did not seem to have much impact. We have not tried the gluten free diet with him recently. Other symptoms include sensory sensitivity, anxiety, bipolar, and borderline aspergers. Valentijn - Considering his mutations, what...
  7. Z

He is a vegetarian 13 year old so eats bread products (pizza, grilled cheese, etc), dairy (especially cheese), vegetables and fruit. Not a lot of processed foods and mostly organic.
  8. Z

Hoping to find out what supplements will help him, as a side note and may or may not be related to these genes, he does suffer from ADHD. I have seen some links to COMT / MAO mutations being involved in this. Methylation COMT V158M rs4680 AA +/+ COMT H62H rs4633 TT +/+ VDR Taq rs731236 AA...
  9. Z

My girlfriend's results

Wanted help interpreting her results and what supplements might be helpful for her. She has many food allergies / reactions and possible reactions to various toxins (guessing here). Methylation COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/- COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/- VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/- VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-...
  10. Z

SOD2, CYP1B1, (PAH) Connections

I am interested in this thread as well as they relate to my mutations as well. Per the estrogen metabolism front, I would assume those of us would benefit from taking DIMM, is that correct? I may add Resveratol to my ever growing list of supps...
  11. Z

Lack of evidence for MTHFR testing (ACMG Guideline)

One part has me confused. They seem to claim that elevated levels of homocysteine are not linked to heart issues. Or are they saying the MTHFR mutations have only marginal impacgt on elevating homocysteine levels?
  12. Z

Lack of evidence for MTHFR testing (ACMG Guideline)

Someone posted this over on the 23AndMe MTHFR thread and wanted to get your guys opinion on it. Here is some summary text : MTHFR polymorphism testing is frequently ordered by physicians as part of the clinical evaluation for thrombophilia. It was previously hypothesized that reduced enzyme...
  13. Z

ACAT/CBS/MTFR Recommendations

From 23AndMe, I have : VDR BSM (TT) VDR TAQ (GG) In snpedia for Yasko Methylation it has : rs1544410 - VDR Bsm (Risk Allele: T) rs731236 - VDR Taq (Risk Allele: G) Though the GeneticGenie blog does not clear it up very well as they imply with the examples that VDR Taq GG is the good...
  14. Z

Detox Profile Recommendations?

Here is my genetic genie detox profile results. Not sure what they mean since you do not get a nice analysis report like you do with the MTHFR section. Any of these I need to worry about ? Homo(+/+) GSTP1 I105V, SOD2 A16V Hetero(+/-) CYP1B1 L432V,CYP1B1 R48G,CYP2A6*2 1799T>A,CYP2C9*3...
  15. Z

Also, I am not sure what you mean by VDR Bsm being reported backwards. The VDR Bsm risk allele appears to be T and I am TT and show red on both Genetic Genie and Sterling's Report. Am I missing something?
  16. Z

Thank you so much. Should I be concerned about being hetero on CBS 699T?
  17. Z

Here are my GeneticGenie results : Homo (+/+) for VDR Bsm, CBS A360A Hetero (+/-) for ACAT1-02, MTHFR C677T, MTHFR A1298C, MTRR A66G, MTRR H595Y, MTRR K350A, CBS C699T Prior to a few years ago, I was pretty healthy. Then I had a massive candida issue (think I was exposed to some...