• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Dr in UK?

Yes, a while after eating, to the point where she has to think hard about whether it's worth eating at all. Not the answer, I know. Last night she nibbled rice cakes hoping that would give her digestive system a break. She's still asleep right now ( upside down body clock) so I'll be interested...
  2. M

Dr in UK?

Thanks, snowathlete. Not surprised to hear there aren't many options. That's the main problem for so many sufferers over here, worse luck. Thanks.
  3. M

Dr in UK?

Only considering Myhill as we can hopefully get testing done from home, rather than having to go through the stressful upheaval and consequences of having to get somewhere. Can I ask why you're sceptical? Breakspear was an awful experience, even though the testing was thorough, and that was only...
  4. M

Dr in UK?

5. M

Dr in UK?

She was never treated for Toxoplasmosis as she was told it wasn't her most important issue and wouldn't be significant unless she became pregnant! She's tried many diets, including vegetarian, vegan, Stone Age, anti Candida etc. Now eating gluten and dairy free organic meals, mainly vegetarian...
  6. M

Dr in UK?

Sorry, wdb, should have been clearer. Yes, it is ME/CFS for 15years - now with toxoplasmosis and multiple chemical sensitivity diagnosed at Breakspear 4 years ago. Since then, DIY treatment ( she couldn't bear being in a hospital any longer - sure you know the score- bright lights, noise...
  7. M

Dr in UK?

New to this site! Does anyone know of a knowledgeable and sympathetic doctor in the UK to phone or go to for advice? My 36 year old daughter is SO ill at the moment and is convinced her detox pathways are blocked. We need help quickly.Going down the Myhill route but no idea how long it will take...