• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mary D.

Midodrine for Dysautonomia

These values are with midodrine on board.
  2. Mary D.

Without the midodrine my heart rate increases substantially from sitting to standing. Usually 30 points or more.
  3. Mary D.

The first blood pressure was sitting. The following values were standing.
  4. Mary D.

We didnt officially do a tilt table in the office. While in his office when I was doing pretty bad, laying down felt better, he had me sit up and I instantly got dizzy. He then said, "we'll we don't need to do a tilt table, you just had a positive test". At least that what I thought he said.
  5. Mary D.

I just measured my bp and heart rate. Actually it is not too bad today. It was 119/71, hr 75. After 30 sec 107/69, hr 83. After about 3 min was 108/71, hr 82. I know my systolic usually drops when I stand. My heart rate was doing pretty good today. Is POTS characteristic of a 30 increase in...
  6. Mary D.

I am just wondering why my cardiologist doesn't think I have POTS.
  7. Mary D.

Sushi, My resting heart rate is usually around 60ish. With the current situation, it tends to run a little higher like 70-80 (which is unusual). With the worst of everything going on my heart rate would go up in the 100's pretty quickly. I think the midodrine helps with not getting quite as...
  8. Mary D.

Hello. I am glad I found this forum. I am very frustrated and am looking for answers. I am currently on midodrine. I have been on it for about 10 months following several ER visits and a hospital stay last August. I am a very active person and I have always had low blood pressure without...