• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Lymelight

Influenza vaccine as possible cause for cfs/me - help needed

Hello, I need some help. My wife is sick since 2010 (ME/CFS). It all started a few days after she received a flu shot at work. After a very long judicial procedure, it has now been recognised as work-accident. But the judge did order a medical expertise to check that the cause of my wife's state...
  2. Lymelight

Flu vaccination and ME/CFS

Hello, I need some help. My wife is sick since 2010 (ME/CFS). It all started a few days after she received a flu shot at work. After a very long judicial procedure, it has now been recognised as work-accident. But the judge did order a medical expertise to check that the cause of my wife's...
  3. Lymelight

Evaluating and treating Post Lyme disease by KDM

So the talk is rescheduled for 26th March and @Thinktank it will be streamed live : "We are pleased to announce Dr. De Meirleir will be holding a lecture on March 26th at 2:30 pm in the CMM/David Lupan Auditorium. Parking passes are available for purchase from the University kiosk located in...
  4. Lymelight

Evaluating and treating Post Lyme disease by KDM

From WPI's facebook: "Dr. De Meirleir's January 29th, presentation has been cancelled, however, his talk will be rescheduled to March of this year. Please check back for further updates. We are sorry for any inconvenience this change may have caused you. Sincerely, Kellen"
  5. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

Well after 2 months abx my CD57 count dropped from 74 to 44 ... Wasn't it supposed to raise instead ?
  6. Lymelight

Antibiotics

Well, I think some of the herbals used in his protocol do also have anti-inflammatory properties...
  7. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

Thanks and Happy New Year to you ! I'm on Clarithromycine and Doxycycline for 3 months now. My body seems to tolerate those abx quite well. During the first 6 weeks I had a worsening of my symptoms but since then I'm more or less back to where I was before starting (difficult to say if it is...
  8. Lymelight

Lyme testing

I had my CD57 tested in July and my Doctor ordered a new test yesterday, after two months of doxycycline and clarithromycine. I guess he wants to check the effectiveness of abx.
  9. Lymelight

I am booked in to see Prof. de Meirleir in January

So sorry to hear you are not well. I Hope this is only a step towards recovery... About your gut/ bowel problems: do you think it can be caused by the antibiotics you're taking ?
  10. Lymelight

In Belgium to see Dr de Meirleir

Never noticed Belgian geese were very aggressive. They must have been frightened by the storm :aghhh:
  11. Lymelight

Low CD57

Infectolab in Germany also state on their website : "While acute Lyme infections and other illnesses show normal CD57-parameters, chronic Lyme patients often have parameter of 100 CD57-cells/µl in the blood or less." As most of lab results, CD57 count gives only an indication. This value...
  12. Lymelight

Just found out I have active lyme disease. I am stunned. Help!

Well, you'll find plenty of those articles on the net as Lyme disease remains very controversial. If you listen to doctors associated with ILADS you will ear a totally other story. At the end of the day, only the future will tell who was right ... In the meantime, we are sick and...
  13. Lymelight

Just found out I have Lyme

I just found out that Infectolab has an australian website: http://www.infectolab.com.au. I read there :
  14. Lymelight

Borrelia

Thank you Sushi. Are you sure it is 250 because I can only find berberine 500 at Thorne ? Thank you
  15. Lymelight

Borrelia

Hi Legolas, What type of Berberine do you take and in which quantities ? Does it help ?
  16. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

Got the results today and she's negative too ... such a relief !! We tested her because both my wife and I have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme.
  17. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

I Hope the tests will come back negative. Even if it is positive, he told us that lyme is much more easily curable with children. Our youngest daughter is negative and we tested her sister last week. So we're also waiting for results ... Good luck with your treatment. Hope it will help !
  18. Lymelight

Lyme testing

Here is a link to a study published in october 2012 about this test : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3474945/ Esther, is this the kind of study you were referring to ?
  19. Lymelight

Lyme testing

What do you really mean by Can you be more specific on this ?
  20. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

I've been tested positive for Lyme in June but i'm not treated yet. KDM wanted first to have more testing for my immune system + lactose/fructose intolerance and food allergies etc... I did the tests in July and I'm also waiting for the results. I see KDM in ten days and will see then what will...
  21. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

Hi Szenn, For some tests it can take time to get the results (up to 8 weeks I was told) because the lab waits to get sufficient samples to perform the tests. But normally for the Lyme test (Borrelia Ellispot LTT) performed in Infectolab in Germany you get the results within 2 weeks. You should...
  22. Lymelight

Divert the Mighty Amazon and Help Support Phoenix Rising - for Free!

So there is no way to be sure that Amazon effectively pays PR ? Happy this applies alos to french and german amazon sites that we use a lot !
  23. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

No, this is the first and only test I did. I did other tests this week: Cd 57, nagalase,immune system,Bart, candida,etc ... but no more for Borrelia. I will get the results in 2 months.
  24. Lymelight

In Belgium to see KDM

I had this test a few weeks ago and it came back clearly positive. I know Borrelia is difficult to detect and that there are a lot of false negatives, but i'm wondering what is the possibility of a false positive with this test ?