• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Unim

Bad reaction to chelators

Regarding sulfur sensitivity and chelation, one example here I can think of is @Johnmac. If I remember correctly he was in the final stages of chelation before coming here. Although he found it helpful, he actually developed sulfur sensitivity from chelation. I think his is a pretty unusual case...
  2. Unim

Yeah, the minimum you have to do is 64 hours solid, then break as long as you were on. Other than that it's up to how you feel. I like 3.5 days, starting before bed and ending early in the morning. Night dosing just feels quicker to me. The bonus of weekly rounds is being able to remember what...
  3. Unim

From what I hear, people do tend to tolerate sulfur better after chelation. I never seemed to have a particular problem with it, so not sure if I've noticed any difference. Sulfur causes heavy metal symptoms by bouncing them around, so if there is less around it shouldn't be so problematic. The...
  4. Unim

Talking / mental fatigue

I get this too. Often when it happens, my eyes suddenly become extremely dry so I have to blink constantly while struggling to pay attention.
  5. Unim

dealing with low stomach acid.

Citric acid or ACV to acidify the stomach? I've read that citric and acetic acid can slow the gastric emptying rate. Not sure about ascorbic acid, but it seems to suit me; I take 2 grams with meals. Mineral supplements in the citrate form seem to exacerbate this symptom for me, but I haven't...
  6. Unim

Possible mercury poisoning ?

You may want to look into Andy Cutler's protocol. Best places to start would be either the Yahoo or Facebook group. It can be a very long process, but in theory you can gradually clear mercury from your brain. I don't know about Candida, but mercury can potentially impair the immune system's...
  7. Unim

Mercury Chelation - negative side effect

I did do a quick check on the Yahoo archives and some of the senior members seem to suggest against adding DMSA at the end: http://onibasu.com/archives/fdc/112300.html There are some posts, including from Cutler, that DMSA at the end of the round can help with redistribution symptoms. I think...
  8. Unim

Mercury Chelation - negative side effect

DMSA-only chelation gave me rashes when I first started. ALA alone was not an issue, and when I decided to try reintroducing DMSA about 18 months later it was no longer a problem. This post is listed in the FDC files regarding DMSA, neutrophils and yeast:http://onibasu.com/archives/am/44588.html...
  9. Unim

A few questions on heavy metals, hair tests, etc, hoping for at least some scientific articles

People who follow Andy Cutler's chelation protocol generally use Doctor's Data (DDI) for hair tests. I'm not sure why exactly, other than the standardised processing making it easier to spot patterns. If lead exposure ended long ago it could be sequestered in the bones and not show up. If you...
  10. Unim

Mercury Chelation with Dr wrong protocal?

In case you think it may convince your family to back you on the choice of protocol, there are some interviews with Cutler that cover some of these issues. This one was suggested at the Frequent Dose Chelation group, although not exhaustive...
  11. Unim

locating syringes for b12 shots

In the past I have used this site for syringes, swabs and sharps containers: http://www.exchangesupplies.org/
  12. Unim

Help gum/tooth abcess need a natural remedy

I haven't tried these personally, but some ideas you could look into: White oak bark Bloodroot - Don't take; toxic (See Irene's post below) Probably not useful in emergency situations, but there was another thread about an oral probiotic that may support dental health...
  13. Unim

Deteriorated hugely over last 2 years. Any advice?

On low starch diets I would consider supplementing pure dextrose powder (aka glucose powder) as a source of glucose. I just had a quick look and some old SCD diet references state dextrose powder is acceptable, so maybe it would be tolerable on GAPS also. I first came across this idea from Paul...
  14. Unim

In a desperate effort to rid myself of this, I need some guidance.

I was about 19 when I started this journey. There are a few things I regret approaching the way I did, so perhaps they may be useful for you. * * * * * * * * Starting at Curezone I tried my fair share of restrictive diets. Starting with a Candida diet and leading to GAPS/SCD and finally low...
  15. Unim

C60 'buckyballs' in olive oil

Sorry, no idea unfortunately. The similarity between my reactions to C60, B12 and folate is all I was going on really. I mentioned above that my upper abdominal quadrant aches (Mostly right, occasionally left) were much better. It's worth noting however, that they return temporarily any time I...
  16. Unim

Cutler Mercury Chelation Poll

I was thinking about this as well, after seeing old posts of people starting chelation and not finding much follow up. Thinking of what to ask those who have followed the Cutler protocol for a long time, I thought it might be useful to add a few extra questions if that's okay... How many...
  17. Unim

Methylation and dysbiosis

A hair test is a good strategy to hedge your bets, ideally the Doctor's Data Hair Elements one so you can compare it to Cutler's counting rules. Thinking about it, if you stuck to the minimum dosages and pure powder forms it would probably a fair bit cheaper than the prices I posted earlier...
  18. Unim

Methylation and dysbiosis

Hey, sorry to derail this further on the mercury tangent... In your other thread you mentioned feeling like you are wearing a headband. Reading Alfred Stock's description of mercury poisoning, he mentioned head pressure which reminded me. I have seen this mentioned occasionally from people on...
  19. Unim

C60 'buckyballs' in olive oil

As of the last two months, my gut sensitivity seems to be about where it was before things went awry. I'd say it took about 12 months to get 50% back to normal. Things seemed to improve faster after I was able to supplement taurine and glycine. I had started them to improve bile flow for...
  20. Unim

Folates for boosting histamine

I don't have a supportive doctor, so just going on vague symptoms. A shot in the dark really. I don't have seasonal allergies, headaches, also my wounds heal very poorly and never itch. I am wondering if my anhedonia, apathy, avolition, asociality etc. may have worsened since taking methylating...
  21. Unim

I've heard to be wary of the superstition from the Pfeiffer people. My intention is to use histidine mainly. I hoped the Pfeiffer stuff wouldn't hurt, presuming they monitored with testing. One case I read of somoene who improved on histidine, they could not tolerate folate or B12. Other...
  22. Unim

I am intending to try boosting my histamine per the Pfeiffer approach to treating histapenia. However, most sources of information on this only suggest folic acid as part of the treatment. I'm wondering if there could be any reason that folic acid would be more effective at increasing histamine...
  23. Unim

The Concealed Causes of "Thyroid Resistance"

Reading through some of Andy Cutler's stuff recently, I found he said that getting NAET to 'clear' calcium has helped some people respond better to physiological doses of thyroid. http://onibasu.com/archives/amc/1898.html I don't actually know what NAET is, other than I've heard it's expensive...
  24. Unim

Nebuliser recommendations?

Ah, good point. Sorry, I meant for use inhaling supplements like magnesium and B12.
  25. Unim

Nebuliser recommendations?

Could any nebuliser users here share their experience with their particular brand and model? Been looking at getting one. Considering one of the pricier portable ones to save the inconvenience of plugs and wires. Ease of cleaning is definitely the most important factor though. Cheers
  26. Unim

Nebulizing magnesium and other stuff.

Dr Myhill's website has a page on this too. It seems to have changed though, because I remember it talking about needing to use analytical grade magnesium. Something about the lungs being extra sensitive to impurities. Edit: I had a look on Archive.org and couldn't find any mention of...
  27. Unim

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Had a look for a European supplier of potato starch that hasn't been heated above 140 degrees F, or whatever the magic number is... I contacted Surya Foods about their Island Sun brand. A comment on the Free The Animal blog said they had confirmed this was raw. However, the chap on the phone...
  28. Unim

New B-complex vitamin, this is the best I can find

Since I last checked, the brand I mentioned above have added a liquid B complex. Seems to have all the right forms, and no bitartrate either. In case it is useful to anyone: http://www.metabolics.com/b-complex-liquid.html Since their website lists ingredients without line breaks, below is the...
  29. Unim

is it advisable to use SNRIs for IBS?

Seems like there are similar online reports with SNRIs as with SSRIs, so I'd suspect the risks are similar for both. I had a rough time on an SNRI, Effexor, and even 8 years after still have lingering problems like anhedonia and my own personal Exploding Head Syndrome alarm clock. Most people...
  30. Unim

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Got a packet of Rakusen's Farina Potato Flour from Waitrose today. Put some in a glass of water and it almost immediately sank to the bottom, forming a slightly sticky mass. Stirred it up and let it settle again, then microwaved for 1 minute and it turned into a clear gel at the bottom. It is...