• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Is There a Test for Ability to Metabolize Folic Acid?

That's funny, if you believe in that type of interbreeding, however it is still being debated, then they will find another and another.I personally don't want any part of the old menial Neanderthal DNA.
  2. T

So are you taking methylfolate supplement like one from metagenics. I heard that 70% of population has defect, so why just take the right methylfolate instead if paying 300-400 for a test?
  3. T

Oh my B6 is very elvated and I don't take vitamins daily, my doc and I have researched it extensively, but have not found much. I even stopped all supplements for five weeks; my health went down hill :( I wonder if overmethylated could cause a defect in metabolizing B6. I have elevated...
  4. T

Hello To All! My serum tetrhydrofolate is normal and B12 along with methylmalonic acid. Should I get a physician to still check for MTHFR gene defect with metamatrix. I found a site that lets you order a salvia kit at .23andme. Has anyone tried these test to determine defect? Thanks
  5. T

Unexpected test results... I would be grateful for some guidance

Hello Actually, they are not so abnormal, mine have been like that, just keep an eye on them. As for pernicious anemia, my mother had this as well as celiac diseae and vitiligo. Doctors normally check antibodies to intrinsic factor and anti-parietal cell antibodies with methylmalonic acid and...
  6. T

Addison's Disease.

Hello I am 52 with addison disease and have had it since I was 16. I have to take two steroids through out the day just to live or risk going into adrenal crisis. I have at least one adrenal crisis a year usually from the flu and they are not fun, but very scary. Every time, I either inject...
  7. T

Big Florinef Doses Needed Anyone?

Hello How do u take this florinef? I have Addisons and take extra hydrocortisone because i can not take florinef. My doc said it will not work unless you drink it with sodium water. I tried but the sea salt i add to my water make me sick in stomach by increasing my osmolarity, then I get nausea...