• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. TigerLilea

magnesium bad reactions

I can't tolerate magnesium supplements either. Within a couple weeks I am napping every afternoon for several hours and I can't think clearly. Even a multi vitamin with 50 mg of magnesium knocks me out.
  2. TigerLilea

What causes lack of emotion?

I think that this is where gut bacteria comes into play. I really do believe that for at least some of us it will turn out that our gut bacteria is what is causing our CFS/ME.
  3. TigerLilea

I had a sister who could not grieve when other family members died. This is why I asked earlier in this thread about medication use as they can seriously blunt a person's ability to feel anything. It can be prescription drugs, street drugs, or seemingly innocent over-the-counter drugs that most...
  4. TigerLilea

sorry i want to die, 33 years old and early menopause.....

@Berzerkerina If your hormones levels are out of whack that can definitely make you feel awful and seriously affect your emotions. Is your doctor willing to work with you to try and get your hormone levels back to what they should be for a young woman of your age? Low testosterone for example...
  5. TigerLilea

Are you on any medications? Some medications will cause this as a side-effect especially if you are over using it.
  6. TigerLilea

Blood Pressure Going Very High With Almost No Effort

Your blood pressure will be higher right after you have exerted yourself. That is why doctors usually have you sit for 10 minutes before doing a reading.
  7. TigerLilea

Blood Pressure Going Very High With Almost No Effort

@Complex CFSer - Have you taken your wrist BP machine into your doctor's office to see if it is calibrated the same as your doctor's BP machine? It could be that your machine is the problem, not your BP.
  8. TigerLilea

multi-mineral/multi-vitamin

Life Extension Foundation Two-per-Day.
  9. TigerLilea

Some concerns about homeopathy

No. Been there - done that. After having researched homeopathy, I don't consider it to be anything other than quackery. Possibly the reason the sea sickness pills worked for your M-I-L was the placebo effect. She expected them to work so they did.
  10. TigerLilea

False hope?

The last one I was using for the past few years on and off was Life Extension Foundation's Two-per-Day multi. However, I've had the same problem in the past (without realizing the cause at the time) with other brands. For the time being I'm not taking anything at all but am considering slowly...
  11. TigerLilea

weather change

People with arthritis often complain that their arthritis pain is much worse when the weather becomes colder and wetter.
  12. TigerLilea

False hope?

I'm not sure if it was the magnesium in it as I've had problems in the past with magnesium supplements. When I researched this online I found that there are a lot of people out there who had the same problem with multi vitamins that I was having and these were people who did not have CFS/ME.
  13. TigerLilea

False hope?

I recently discovered that a multi-vitamin/mineral was the very thing that was making my CFS/ME much worse.
  14. TigerLilea

False hope?

Unfortunately, this becomes our new "normal". I've had this for almost half my life now. :(
  15. TigerLilea

False hope?

I used to think that, but then I started thinking about all of the other illnesses out there that are much better funded and researched than CFS/ME but still don't have a cure or effective treatment. A few that come to mind are Rheumatoid Arthritis, Parkinson's Disease, and Multiple Sclerosis...
  16. TigerLilea

False hope?

I have had CFS/ME now for almost 27 years. I realized about 10 years ago that I needed to accept that I will probably have this for the rest of my life. I went through a grieving process and eventually came through to the acceptance stage. The sad truth is that at this point in time, there are...
  17. TigerLilea

Bleeding from Amoxicilin: Vit K Deficiency?

I'd be checking with your doctor or pharmacist.
  18. TigerLilea

Help! Daughter's university doing flawed study tying parents perceived illness to students neuroses

I'm surprised as this sounds more like something that would come from the UK, not the US.
  19. TigerLilea

Help! Daughter's university doing flawed study tying parents perceived illness to students neuroses

@BeautifulDay Just as a matter of curiosity, is this university in the UK?
  20. TigerLilea

HELPFUL EATING FOR HORMONAL CHANGES

I've noticed since peri/meno that if I have more than a couple of alcoholic drinks that I am a hot sweaty mess all night and I don't get much sleep.
  21. TigerLilea

HELPFUL EATING FOR HORMONAL CHANGES

@hellytheelephant We definitely need more protein as we get older. I read recently that too many women have most of their protein with their dinner and not enough with breakfast and lunch. Editing to add that I have started having a boiled egg along with my oatmeal in the morning to increase my...
  22. TigerLilea

What Psychological Topics Need to Be Researched?

I agree, coping is very important with chronic illnesses. But what I don't understand is why you think that needs to be researched?
  23. TigerLilea

What useful kind could there possibly be for ME/CFS?? If this were cancer we were talking about would you be saying the same thing?
  24. TigerLilea

I don't. I can't think of a bigger waste of money. Put the money into researching the biological cause of ME.
  25. TigerLilea

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

From today's Quackwatch newsletter: Systematic review blasts “adrenal fatigue" diagnosis Some healthcare providers are using the term "adrenal fatigue" to describe an alleged condition caused by chronic exposure to stressful situations. According to this theory, chronic stress can lead to...
  26. TigerLilea

Mutaflor!

I'm still debating whether or not to try Mutaflor. I can buy it here in Canada but the price is quite high. As I've wasted so much money in the past on treatments that haven't worked, I'm leery about spending even more money.
  27. TigerLilea

Food dehydrators

I had one years ago but decided it was too much work and not worth it.
  28. TigerLilea

"Unrest" review in NY Times

There was something in the news recently about Americans rewriting history on several occasions for movies that have been done over the years. They claimed that Americans want the happy ending and the United States being the victor regardless of what the reality actually was.
  29. TigerLilea

"Unrest" review in NY Times

Americans always want the happy ending. Thankfully it sounds like this movie has a realistic ending.
  30. TigerLilea

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

Every article that I see about GAS is always by Hans Selye or referencing his work. There doesn't seem to be anyone else confirming his theory. Surely if this was a legitimate condition, 70 years later there would be much more written about it by other doctors and medical researchers.