• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. flamingo

Daily Headaches

Athene - I just had a quick look at the 4head website and it says that it contains 100% levomenthol, which it states is a type of peppermint. I like the sound of the stick you have with the lavender in. I might try that at some point!
  2. flamingo

Training videos for English GP's on how to deal with CFS patients

Ive just watched the whole thing and can honestly say, I hope every single one of them ends up suffering from ME. And I won't feel bad that they are suffering, it will just feel like justice that they have to suffer both the debilitating physical and mental symptoms that we all struggle with...
  3. flamingo

Daily Headaches

My number one go-to thing for a migraine is my 4head stick - Im in the UK though and don't know if it or similar is available elsewhere? You just rub it on your forehead and it has a weird cooling/menthol/tingly sensation that I find helps a lot (but then when I get migraines I am usually also...
  4. flamingo

Jaw Problems/TMJ Disfunction?

happy to say the pain is ebbing away :) i realised the other week that i was slowly clenching my jaw tighter throughout the day, and so every so often i decided to just open my mouth as wide as i could manage for a couple of seconds and then not close it tightly again. seems to have helped a lot...
  5. flamingo

thanks for all the replies. no doubt its at least partly stress related - im constantly worried about money and the future atm. ive tried pain killers which only dull the pain, hot compress which dulls the pain whilst its there, resting it and gently exercising it, eating soft foods/not eating...
  6. flamingo

No not prone to sinus infections. The doc did a fairly through check and said she couldn't find any swollen glands and that the ear canal looked fine. Starting to wonder if it is maybe stress related - I seem to keep clenching my jaw without realising but I don't know if that is a cause or its...
  7. flamingo

For nearly two weeks now I've had intense pain in my right jaw joint, no idea how it happened I literally woke up with it one day. It did start to ebb away a little but then came back even stronger this week! I have been to the Doc's and was given cocodamol and told to rest it as much as...
  8. flamingo

Creaking bones?

I get that a lot too, usually in relation to how ill I am feeling, ie. the more ill I feel, the more my joints pop. I sometimes wonder if my body is properly connected together! I also find that I get a lot of pain/discomfort/popping in my hip joints if it is a rainy/damp day. Had that for years...
  9. flamingo

Possible money-makers for chronics

I joined an online survey website that pays you per survey into an 'account' and then you can redeem the credits as vouchers for various places such as amazon, argos, tesco etc (this is in the UK though and im not sure if there are similar websites in other countries?). I also sell on ebay now...
  10. flamingo

The Salt Poll

I chose the second answer but it dosen't quite reflect my view. I need a "likes salt and craves it on numerous occasions but tries to eat as little salt as possible as I have always been told it is bad and I will die if I eat too much" option. lol. I have always had a sweet tooth, but am...
  11. flamingo

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

only the molasses one I havent had the missfortune of experiencing yet (thank goodness)...and im relatively new to all this :/
  12. flamingo

Don't know what to do...?

Hi all, Sorry to barge in and demand attention as soon as I have registered, I just really need thoughts and advice from those who understand what I am going through. I am a possible ME/CFS sufferer (awaiting hospital appointments for further test, prods and pokes for confirmation but doctor...