• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Need help with methylation and detox SNP analysis

Hi DownTheRabbitHole Your diet looks pretty amazing and I respect your dedication. Things I personally avoid Cashews. These are legumes and no-no Paleo. I recently found this out. I seem to handle a few raw cashews but the roasted ones with the cheap vegetables oils really muck up my...
  2. I

Success with methylation protocol Homocystein reduced, DIM lowers Estrogen

On molybdenum it was also non recordable on the hair mineral analysis test I had 2 years ago - I need to retest so maybe my CBS hetrozygousity is being expressed. Thanks for reminder. Very good Estrogen metabolism article which explains the enzymatic cofactors and related snp's...
  3. I

No, not hugely to be honest, its hard to say but maybe slightly more energy, less 'dips' in mood, better focus/memory - difficult to quantify though.
  4. I

Based on the following polymorphisms +/+ COMT H62H, COMT V158M, MTHFR C677T, MTHFS, MTHFD1L, NOS3, BHMT, SOD2, SOD1 A16V, CYP2D6 S486T,CYP1B1 R48G,ADD1 G460W, DAO +/- CBS C699T, BHMT-04, BHMT R239Q, VDR Bsm, VDR Taq, AGT M235T/C4072T, DAO, FUT2, GAD1, MTHFD1L, MTRR A66G, MTRR-11 A664A, MTRR...
  5. I

Who has improved their health through knowing their SNPs, and how did you achieve this?

Based on the following polymorphisms +/+ COMT H62H, COMT V158M, MTHFR C677T, MTHFS, MTHFD1L, NOS3, BHMT, SOD2, SOD1 A16V, CYP2D6 S486T,CYP1B1 R48G,ADD1 G460W, DAO +/- CBS C699T, BHMT-04, BHMT R239Q, VDR Bsm, VDR Taq, AGT M235T/C4072T, DAO, FUT2, GAD1, MTHFD1L, MTRR A66G, MTRR-11 A664A, MTRR...
  6. I

How to tell if you have Methylation Issues with mthfr +/+

I am homozygous mthfr c677t +/+. Does everyone with this have 70% reducation in effectivness of mthfr enzyme. I ask because I was tested for high homocysteine but normal folate in blood cells. Shouldn't mthfr c677t +/+ folk have low folate levels and that is why they are told to add folate...
  7. I

Worse 23andMe results (11 reds and 27 Yellow) but Normal Red Cell folate levels

Fair point, I am in patient and unemployed so lack of finances dictate. Also I am doing 1.6mg not 1.6g of Solgar metafolin. Have been eating mussels regularly so think b12 levels not too bad.
  8. I

Hi roxie60 et al Apologies I missed your replies. Have attached 23andMe non green condensed results. For some reason genetic genie flagged VDR taq +- but the MTHFR Support report did not include it. As an aside my haplogroup J1c2c1 is related to last male of the plantagenats Richard III...
  9. I

Hi caledonia thanks for your response. I will definetly look into heavy metals chelation options and removal of my mercury amalgams plus get an organics acid test from Great Plains laboratories. This test was mentioned in recent podcast from Erin Chamerlik interviewing Autism expert Kurt N...
  10. I

You upload the 23andMe zip file at http://www.mthfrsupport.com/reports-consults/ $20 well spend in my opinion. Have also used free genetic genie and http://snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease Just need to find the time to read them all and work out a strategy. :eek:
  11. I

Above were just for Methylation I might as well post Detox results but have not investigated these DETOX HOMOZYGOUS CYP1B1 R48G rs10012 +/+ CYP2D6 S486T rs1135840 +/+ SOD2 rs2758331 +/+ SOD2 A16V rs4880 +/+ HETROZYGOUS CYP2C19*17 rs12248560 +/- CYP2D6 T100C rs1065852 +/- CYP2D6 T2850C rs16947...
  12. I

Hello everyone First post, new to the wacky world of methylation and since getting my 23andMe results last week have been in a state of anxiety and concern for me, my kids and my siblings and their kids. Plus doing a lot of research. Managed to aggravate family who don't understand...