• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Low dose Naltrexone

Whoa, that's weird! Totally unlike my experience. Maybe I was in fact taking too much (worked up to 4,5 mg), as I can't remember any interference with sleep on low doses. Do you feel it helps you fall asleep, improve sleep quality or even both? How long have you been on it, if you don't mind me...
  2. J

Low dose Naltrexone

I don't do well on melatonin, it makes me depressed, but the problem wasn't that I didn't sleep, it was my sleep quality that got ruined. I think it may be because naltrexone activates the HPTA axis, which kind of makes me wonder if it really is that great for CFS long-term..
  3. J

Low dose Naltrexone

When I was using LDN a couple of years ago it messed with my sleep too much so I had to quit it. I'm considering to start it again but to take it in the morning time this time. May taking it at 4 - 5 am work, or would it be too late?
  4. J

CMV and EBV results

Hi everyone, I suffer from CFS and my fatigue is only getting worse. I've done a whooole lot of testing lately however they didn't find much. Apparently I've had CMV and EBV but currently they're not active. I do have blisters under my tounge but don't know if that's related. I'd...