• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Brain imaging study crowdfunding request from sympathetic Harvard researcher

This is a really good point. We are all driven to the speculative therapies because there's no hope at a doctor's office. We don't have FDA/NHS approved tests and treatments because our studies are small and not often reproduced. Researchers stay away from the field because they can't fund...
  2. R

Thank you! I hope so. That's a good idea about multiple avenues of donation. The video of the Boston unrest panel discussion is up on YouTube, I'll link it here.
  3. R

Hi @neweimear , @Londinium is correct. I've posted here before a long time ago. Most researchers who enter the field do so because they know someone personally that is ill. For Mike Vanelzakker, that person is me! I've known Mike since I sat behind him in 8th grade social studies class...
  4. R

Chronic fatigue syndrome from vagus nerve infection: psychoneuroimmunological hypothesis

Hello, The author wanted to respond to some of the things said on the thread but for some reason was unable to make an account, so he's asked me to post for him. The following are his words: Hello, and thanks for your interest in my paper, "Chronic fatigue syndrome from vagus nerve...
  5. R

Chronic fatigue syndrome from vagus nerve infection: psychoneuroimmunological hypothesis

Hi everyone. I'm a friend of Mike VanElzakker, and also a patient of 18(!) years. He learned about Me/CFS through his friendship with me, and for years has been thinking about what the cause could be based on his knowledge of neuroscience. Even though he studies full time (in a different field)...