• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Tealady, Interested in your comments about Histamine levels. By Histamine lowering products from iHerb, do you mean Histame? This is the US branding for Daosin, developed by n Austrian company. You get a bit more Diamine Oxidase in the Histame capsules, so perhaps better value.. I'd like to...
  2. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

BioCare do a B Complex without any B12 or Folic acid in it. It is called B-Plex. Don't know if it is available in the USA, I'm in the UK.
  3. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Trooper, For a B complex readily available in the UK without B12 or folic acid, you might like to take a look at B-Plex by Biocare. Got a little vit C and Magnesium in it too.
  4. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, Started the protocol just over 4 weeks ago. First week was great, second week the IBS symptoms kicked in. Stuck with it as I figured this was probably detox related. Weeks 3 and 4 I've had very bad constipation , but generally feel reasonably better. In terms of the protocol, I'm...
  5. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Be interested to hear what you think of this test for active B12 status, Freddd/Rich. It is being offered by a company in Scotland. http://www.active-b12.com/home Personally, I'm rather dubious about many of this type of test. They seem to vary wildly one day to next. I've started the...
  6. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Just wondering if anyone has tried B-Plex (B-Complex minus Folic acid and B12) by Biocare in the UK. Not sure if the posting of links is permitted on this site, so haven't to be on the safe side. As far as I can tell the main downside is that it contains Panagamic Acid which has a dubious...
  7. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Couple of questions following recents posts. 1. Findings about the use of folic acid. Based upon this would you now use ABD12 by Country life with caution because of the folic acid content? Especially if you have anxiety/anxiety components to your CFS. (I certainly encounter...
  8. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Current version of protocol Hi, A friend of mine has been suffering from CFS/ME for many years +10 plus at least. It appears been caused by a severe anaphylactic reaction to a particular class of antibiotic. Unfortunately she was given the same drug on two occasions...the first time she had...
  9. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hope this isn't off topic, will remove it if it is. There is a really interesting article in this weeks New Scientist on Methylation and how it effects the way DNA coding is expressed. Not just for you; our actions can be passed down to your our grand children by the methylation 'markers' on the...
  10. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Thank you for your reply. Have ordered the necessary supplements in the stated brands. Looking forward to starting them, but have a couple of concerns. I find the pyschological aspects of CFS very disturbing. In your experience, has following this protocol helped the...
  11. H

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Wondering if you could answer a question? A friend of mine has CFS and I've been told I'm at risk of 'slipping' into CFS. Both of us have had a raft of blood tests, one of which indicated high histamine levels. I am prone to eczema and allergic rhinitis, while my friend suffers...
  12. H

Methylation Protocol vs SAM-e

Hi, First time posting here, so a little background... I don't suffer from CFS personally, but a close friend does and has been battling it for at least 7 years. That said, I do suffer from gut issues, periods of low energy, depression and anxiety. My friend is much the same but the fatigue...