• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

You guys need to try this Now Acai, seriously!

I've been taking Acai for some time, although perhaps not as much as you. My sister with Fibromyalgia suggested it, and it has helped my pain a lot. It has not, however, been helpful for my CFS that I have noticed. I have not been taking NOW brand, but take what my sister sent me (free)...
  2. S

Is a headache lasting 4 months solid "normal" for ME?

Make sure you are well hydrated. Dehydration can cause nasty headaches. We need at least 2 liters of water a day. Water. Not any other fluid will do. That being said, I think my record was 6 weeks for one headache. The doctor did a brain MRI at that point. If your doctor won't investigate...
  3. S

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

Be careful on this one. I was trying coffee therapy for a while, heck I'll try anything (almost). It turns out that coffee is HIGHLY addictive and it can cause anxiety, panic attacks, depression, moodiness and mood swings, etc. etc. It caused all that in me and more. I did some checking around...
  4. S

Holy Basil

I've recently been learning about essential oils and I wonder if they've got holy basil in that form. I never paid any attention to essential oils in the past, and it turns out all the oils you buy in stores are cut with "carrier" oils. Pure essential oils are pricy. I've learned about a...
  5. S

Tilt Table Test - which degree angle?

I believe the initial protocol for tilt table testing said 70 degrees. This will actually make you feel like you are leaning forward. If you are leaning back at all it will not work. It is really important that you get a table that is calibrated. When I took the test they did not put me on a...
  6. S

how to eliminate chlorine in chlorinated water?

hydrogen peroxide neutralizes chlorine. I was a white water raft guide in my healthy days, and we used to take multi-day trips down rivers where we had to clean the water to drink it. We had a microbiologist set us up with a system of filtering the water and then using chlorine (clorox) to kill...
  7. S

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/9/1/55 Basically the information is that a doctor noted that a patient felt better after eating dark chocolate and did a study of ten patients in his practice. THey ate 15 grams of DARK chocolate three times a day. After eight weeks they reported...
  8. S

Biofilm-forming protozoan

I received this recently from a friend of mine. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this and has any thoughts on it. Dr. Fry is doing some exciting work on a new biofilm-forming protozoan previously referred to as FL1953 and only recently renamed to Protomyxozoa rheumatica, a highly...
  9. S

Big rise in number of youngsters treated for chronic fatigue www.cambridge-news.co.uk

So what? You think middle aged women don't masterbate? It's really interesting, I've been reading on the AIDS epidemic and comparing it to the CFIDS epidemic. There are a lot of similarities and things to learn from that. In the beginning the CDC only knew of cases among gay men. Then AIDS...
  10. S

Idea for Protests - Hire the Picketers

I'm currently reading the Randy Shults book, "And the Band Played On" about the politics of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, even though almost 300 people had died in one year, the FDA was still saying it was not a real illness on it's own. It was just the immune system being exhausted by...
  11. S

Its lawsuit time . . .

I've been talking a lot lately about a class action suit against the CDC. I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers who would take it up on a percentage of the winnings. A percentage of it could also go towards research. I think the damages we should ask for should start with the money we would...