• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Started taking B6 and feeling funny. Help Please. :(

See P5P still gives me the bad neurapathy... I do think I am really b6 deficient, so the guys theory of taking both in equal amounts, makes some sense to me
  2. G

Started taking B6 and feeling funny. Help Please. :(

This is an important issue.. I've got a new hypothesis, via some guy on the Longecity Forum Supposedly he's read up on b6 for countless years, says that old studies say to take b6/p5p in a 1:1 ratio, and that prevents all side-effects It's a post by @plasticperson in the middle of the page...
  3. G

Black Seed Oil Methylation impact

Damn! I jumped the gun on that, there are a couple of random websites that say it increases Glutathione by 500% , but no studies to find, or other sources..just those two websites
  4. G

Ok I have a great hypothesis. Black Seed Oil is known to be a super super potent increaser of Glutathione. Couple that with the fact that it lowers homocysteine - it can be assumed that BSO is a transsulfuration pathway upregulator, which lowers HCY and significantly increases Glu.
  5. G

Hey guys, so Black Seed Oil(Nigella Sativa) according to a study, has significant impact on methylation - specifically Homocysteine/Methionine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14729430/ --------- " Pretreatment of rats with an oral dose of 100 mg/kg of thymoquinone, the main active...
  6. G

Looking for a NAD supplement (not NADH)

I was also looking very hard for an NAD+ supp after NOWFoods discontinued theirs. I found 2, in like the 10th page of a google search. This is the one I'm taking https://www.amazon.com/NAD-LIAS-Brand-Brain-Support/dp/B01I7ENZNE . I started taking it because NAD+ is a cofactor in the folic acid...
  7. G

I think Earthing cured my dysautonomia/POTS

Earthed yesterday in my backyard for the first time, feel so wiped out lol. That study that stated it depletes magnesium and Sodium is completely correct. I've had to up both; and I am always conscious of those levels becuase of AF. So it's not just the grounding products that can be...
  8. G

Enzymatic Therapy B12 changed their formula

great response Freddd thank you
  9. G

Enzymatic Therapy B12 changed their formula

Have any of you guys purchased Enyzmatic Therapy b12 in the past week? (the methyl b12 1mg version) This new batch is noticably lighter. If you guys remember, ET-b12 is usually very red,almost pink - this new version is light, almost white,and red. If any of you guys get this new batch soon...
  10. G

My methylfolate problem.

wow! thanks muchhh man! this is big for me
  11. G

My methylfolate problem.

injectable METHYL-folate? i've only heard of injectable folic acid. man this would be like a godsend to me. lol methyl-folate pills have been so hard on my stomach. its to the point its not even absorbing anymore, its just going in one end and out the other, quick. Do you know of any specific...
  12. G

Deplin absoprtion

- is Deplin time released??
  13. G

Deplin absoprtion

Wow what a revolutionary post @ahmo ; I've been wondering how I could bypass stomach absorption due to my weak stomach, thank you so much!! Idk how else id be able to take as many supplements as I need to -- potassium and sea salt are definitely about to get foot absorbed!! Thanks :)
  14. G

Deplin absoprtion

there was a huge difference btw in my histamine when i started taking the folate 3-4 hours post meal as opposed to before.
  15. G

Deplin absoprtion

but this was what pertained to the topic - fyi, yall. (how much time should i give the Deplin to absorb before i take the b12? similar to Metafolin ?) in case there was any confusion from the topic post
  16. G

Deplin absoprtion

ya i edited the post now so it might make even more sense. :)
  17. G

Deplin absoprtion

taking the Folate/b12 a few hours after ive eaten methylates the histidine i consume that meal - and thats where most of my histamine comes from for that day.. as opposed to taking the folate/b12 before i eat when theres less histidine to methylate because i havnt ingested any. and i also take...
  18. G

Deplin absoprtion

possibly anyone with experience with Deplin know if it is absorbed quickly,just like regular 5mthf is (metafolin)? im thinking it should not be too different. but need to know because i schedule when i take my b12 around when i take a 5mthf supp. @Freddd do you know? im thinking of going on...
  19. G

MTHFR - FOLATE USAGE AND BLOCKING

freddd, concerning your Folic acid blocks 5mthf theory -- its true if youre wondering,because DHF inhibits MTHFR. folic acid increases DHF ,inhibiting MTHFR which converts natural folates to 5mthf. im not sure if DHF would also block 5mthf supplementation tho. also, do you know what type of...
  20. G

How does vitamin D absorption work?

i believe Magnesium is required to convert all types of VitD, even from the sun, into useable vit.D
  21. G

Type of B-12 in meat?

is it cyano? hydroxy? methyl? (i understand the differences/need of each type) just curious as to which is in meat.
  22. G

High histamine = undermethylation, but B12 raises histamine...?

yes, but im 100% sure that your issue w/ b12 is cortisol. licorice root around timed for the b12 dose would also help.
  23. G

High histamine = undermethylation, but B12 raises histamine...?

Methyl B12 gives a histamine reaction when its in your blood stream because it lowers cortisol(by raising melatonin). cortisol is basically the biggest histamine fighter in your body, along w/ adrenaline. in general tho, b12 should lower histamine if you have a methyl trap going on ;if so it...
  24. G

Methyl B12 liver stores?

pretty common question im sure. - does the liver store methyl b12?
  25. G

Inactive B12s unique situation/sam-e

how would i know when/how much active b12 i am getting out of inactive b12 supplementation (cyano/hydroxy) this is necessary to know because, id like to take MethylFolate as well - and i dont want to be methyl-blocked due to a lack of active b12 being formulated from the inactive's. i do...
  26. G

Accutane, Methylation Block and Glycine N-Methyltransferase

funny that this thread pops up now.. i am about to go on All Trans Retenioc Acid (like Accutane) so i can increase the GNMT enzyme.. why? because i took Methionine, and it raised my SAM - SAM is an allosteric inhibitor to MTHFR - im having severe histamine reactions now due to the SAM induced...
  27. G

Need large amounts of Mfolate throughout day AND potassium--but potassium opposes MF--help?!

freddd, you may really be on to something with the AdoCbl to help me. once you broke it down to me that AdoCbl is ATP, i see how it could be crucial specifically to my case. because - it is possible that i have a buildup of Methionine , that is unable to be converted to SAM because of a lack of...
  28. G

Need large amounts of Mfolate throughout day AND potassium--but potassium opposes MF--help?!

ahmo thank you so much for the help. how much b12 were you taking when the folate increased your histamines? sounds like a methyl trap - which im afraid of myself, when taking so much folate.. ill shoot to get 20 mg a day of mb12.. and also some AdoCbl .. regarding the mast cell theory. its...
  29. G

thanks Freddd !!!! great thread you guys! lots of answers! Freddd, i just want to say thanks for all of your work you put in here. i hope you stay healthy, and its possible that you have helped save my life, soon enough.and im only 21. bed bound w/ high histamine. i break out in hives if ever i...
  30. G

sublingual b12

when you guys go the Sublingual route, do you feel that youre just swallowing the melted b12 juices? or what?