• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Bad Reaction to Hydroxy B12. Any Ideas?

It's been about 2 months and things are still horrible after taking one pill of Hydroxocobalamin B12. My hands are cracked and dry with ridges all over the place, and this effect is spreading to others parts of my body, like I'm 120 years old. I can't sleep at night. When I get some sleep, I...
  2. D

Unlikely. It was coming up on a month ago that I took the pill (half a pill, actually). My symptoms seem to match what Freddd described as an induced or paradoxical folate deficiency.
  3. D

Yeah, b6 and p5p are not helping at all. Previously, when I'd taken methylfolate that's what I believe brought the reaction down. My entire body turned bright red for a few days after some methylfolate. It was a terrible experience. This is very different. And much longer lasting.
  4. D

Getting digestive disturbances, racing mind before bed, palms are now cracking. A lot of this matches what Freddd called "paradoxical folate deficiency". Has anyone had a seriously negative reaction to Hydroxy B12 like this? God, I thought it was supposed to be the safe form, but this in is...
  5. D

3 weeks back I took half a pill of AOR's Hydroxy B12, and since then have had troubling symptoms: Feet freezing all day. Skin dry, fingertips cracking Rashes on forehead A feeling of histamine releasing all over my skin, kind of like niacin Feeling constant adrenaline and brain fog I'd...
  6. D

Urgent?L-Meth raising Histamine

GenDylan, if you're still around, quick question: when you tried TMG + Methionine, were you taking a B-Complex or a Multivitamin or anything containing any a folic acid / folate derivative? Thanks.
  7. D

So glad to hear the B6 helped you too, GenDylan! My histamine reactions are now totally gone after only three days of supping with B6. (Note: They weren't an issue before the methylation supps, so I doubt B6 will be a cure-all for everyone with histamine problems.) I've been messing with p5p and...
  8. D

GenDylan: Can't commet on whether B12 or Folate should be supped first, or at all. One way to know, I've read, if you have a serious B12 deficiency is by getting an MMA blood test. You could look into that. I am. But in the mean time I am also staying the heck away from all methyl-donors for the...
  9. D

GenDylan: When I was just taking the TMG, the histamine reactions were barely noticeable. When I added the methyl-folate 800mcg, that's when I exploded. I'd start with one thing at a time. I'm just starting out with this stuff, but I'd start with the B12 and then add in SMALL amounts of the the...
  10. D

GenDylan, my immediate full red-face, red-body histamine reaction went down. I did a few charcoal flushes and have been taking molybdenum. I have no idea if they helped or not. I am still in the same boat though, my histamine is still crazy high. I'm so scared of taking something that would set...
  11. D

Star-Anise, thank you for posting that. What an interesting morning this has been. I did the charcoal and magnesium flush the moment after you posted. I hope it helps. Just two activated charcoal tabs with a bunch of mag citrate and water, right? I just ran my 23andme results through...
  12. D

Crazy we're going through this at the same time. I had taken some methyl-folate early in the day and it didn't do much. Then when I took TMG later, it was like an explosion of histamine. I've been in bad shape ever since. Just woke up and my chest and face are still bright red, I'm still itchy...
  13. D

Methyl-B's and TMG = Histamine Reaction? Help.

I probably did take too much folate on the second day. Still, I'm just trying to understand why TMG releases all that histamine. That has to be indicative of something, right? All I've taken today is the niacin and the second round didn't work. I have this tremendous pressure in my head, now 24...
  14. D

Methyl-B's and TMG = Histamine Reaction? Help.

Could someone please help me understand what's happening to me. Methyl B's + TMG, I think, has made me near insane for the past two days. Can't get it to stop. Please help. A few days ago I tried taking methyl B-12 5,000 sublingual (I've used this a few times in the past with no issues and it...