• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

MTHFS defect (folinic acid intolerance) - request for genetic data

I haven't figured out how to attach my SNP's either. Your excellent diet is a great place to start. However, Dr Amy says diet alone is not enough to overcome SNP's. My experience tends to go along with that. Despite my excellent diet and lifestyle, I've had two forms of cancer. I'm...
  2. H

I have a mild familiarity with Dr Amy Yasko's protocal and I don't recognize some of those SNP's. Excuse my lack of knowledge. What's MTHFR x 5 of these, FUT, AGT. SLC? I was also on Jaminet's perfect health diet and I didn't do well on it. Too much protein. I am homozygous for CBS. I...
  3. H

I tried the SHMT spray as green shots recommended. I tried folinic acid and I couldn't tolerate it. The SHMT spray works great but it causes a very powerful detox. Dr Amy's site had verified this. The SHMT compound also causes a strong detox in folks with SHMT. The spray lets you take a smaller...
  4. H

Have you had your lithium levels checked. Dr Amy says having lithium levels in balance is key before adding in B12. There's a video on lithium on her site. They can be tested by blood or UEE.
  5. H

I tried the SHMT spray as green shots recommended. I tried folinic acid and I couldn't tolerate it. The SHMT spray works great but it causes a very powerful detox. Dr Amy's site had verified this. The SHMT compound also causes a strong detox in folks with SHMT. The spray lets you take a smaller...
  6. H

suggestions for what folinic acid for shmt

Thanks that was helpful. I ordered the SHMT spray.
  7. H

SHMT and Related Pathways

Good post. How did/do you address SHMT? What folinic acid do you use?
  8. H

suggestions for what folinic acid for shmt

Hi All, I'm ready to address SHMT after addressing CBS and I'm confused about what folinic acid to use. Dr Amy recommends 5 formyl thf and actifolate specifically but actifolate has 5 formyl thf and 5 metra hydrofolate (I think I read something about a reformulation in another post). I'm...