• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

B2 I love you!

What's the pathogen, @Vegas?
  2. P

Doesn't it have to be the Gut?

Hippocrates said all disease begins in the gut. It is still very true today. We neglect the gut at our peril. The catch 22 is that the dysbiosis is so different for everyone that there is a framework for healing, like the 4Rs, but beyond that we are finding that basic processes like...
  3. P

Huge improvement in two hours

@knackers323 The nac made me worse for about 5 days. Nac is one of my top 10 supplements. I definitely find it valuable
  4. P

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

@South Im having a hard time finding MOS that isnt already added to a probiotic. Ill have to wait to pick some up at my next appt. http://www.glutenfreeremedies.com/remedies/?prmRemedy=mos Ill start a thread over in the gut forum when i do.
  5. P

My doctor runs a few tests in house. I guess ammonia needs to be run pretty quickly after collecting or within a certain time period.
  6. P

My primary supplements/herbs are Olive Leaf Extract Berberine Triphala Anatumul NAC methyl b-12 lmthf b-5 ubiquinol butyrate biotin lactoferrin probiotics various enzymes Here is a study about efflux pump inhibitors...
  7. P

I'm talking serum ammonia. My liver is fine. great even. all my numbers are looking pretty good these days.. but the fatigue and brain fog was back.. so I wanted to deal with the ammonia. My theory is that given enough fuel my bugs exploit my metylation cycle defects to help get themselves on...
  8. P

All I can say is my ammonia was up over 65 while taking it so I decided to start listening to my doctor. I took it out and didnt add mos (mannanogliosacharides) no other changes.. Stayed on the diflucan and all herbs I'd been on. Ammonia low normal, I think it was 22. i know it was under 30...
  9. P

My doc and I have been having this debate on RS. He is not a fan at all. We know I have a yeast problem so he is saying a prebiotic like MOS is much safer then trying to take rs with probiotics. I dunno the answer but.. I know this. When I take RS, (not just eat beans but make it a goal to...
  10. P

I did Zithro for a month. I'm not going after my strep with Zithro. My doc sas youd have to be on abx for years to treat chronic strep. My titers have been coming down on herbs so I'm cool with that. Went from. 900+ down under 400 in 6 months while fighting Lyme and myco too. I already use...
  11. P

NAC and feeling worse. Due to methylation or biofilm?

I felt like I had the flu.. My joints and muscles hurt, got some congestion too. Lasted about 5 days. Yes, I was taking other supplements at the time.. No abx. I add only one new thing a week so I know it was the NAC. Eventually it all stabilized out and I've been on it now for a year. I...
  12. P

NAC and feeling worse. Due to methylation or biofilm?

My doc says nac is active against mycoplasma pneumonia and other pathogens too. I had the famous nac flu when I started it. I actually bought a microscope and spent awhile learning the different things I was seeing in my blood, one thing I couldnt find. Then, my husband got sick with a cold...
  13. P

I think you are right, elph and they do go to the lymph system to hide out. I used red root initially to get the lymph moving then Mucinex to help thin that fluid. I also used serrazimes to help attack the pathogen cell walls and keep my blood and lymph really moving. Adding a head out sauna...
  14. P

Appreciate any advice on my GI effects and CSA test results

So, you are just gluten free incase? You have no corrolatable symptoms when you did eat gluten? If your t3 is low you may want to get a full panel. But if you do find that it's outta whack don't get too discouraged till you treat the yersinia. My husband had yersina too, by blood test. Be...
  15. P

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

@leela Here's the quality of picture I can get. This is with my Nikon d2000 and the amscope attachment. I remove an eye piece and put the camera there, then focus through the view finder. This is a whole lot of mycoplasma from when I first started treating.
  16. P

Streptococcus overgrowth

I've known fungus doesn't need carbs for a long time, but not what it does use. I guess Paul Jaiments says ketones, which make sense and has some science behind it. I did a very similar exercise to this one and neglected the candida at my peril. I think candida needs systematic attack and am...
  17. P

With your CDSA, you most certainly have leaky gut. Describe your current digestion. Loose stool? Gastro issues? What is your current diet? Any thyroid issues? you mention anxiety after your second and you have yersinia in your stool, yersinia likes to attack the thyroid. Have you had that...
  18. P

@leela http://www.amazon.com/AmScope-40X-2000X-Trinocular-Darkfield-Microscope/dp/B004TP7KDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389287595&sr=8-1&keywords=darkfield+microscope
  19. P

I've been using both rs and supplemental butyrate for a year now. I thank you for the studies but wish there were more. Makes sense based on my experience but I always like lots of science. I appreciate the info.
  20. P

Streptococcus overgrowth

Watch out for candida to take over. You are setting it up perfectly.
  21. P

Paul Jaiment says candida feeds on ketones. I can't find any scientific basis for this. I'm a believer in resistant starch, but this comment needs backing. Can anyone link me to studies that verify the ketone candida link?
  22. P

Have you tried a Rheumatologist or a Lyme Literate medical dr? Lyme docs are more familiar with pathogens then the mainstream. Yes, I know Yasko... Do you have any mthfr issues? I don't care about the others. Yes, I'm familiar with all the supplements but psx and strx. Imf9 did nothing for...
  23. P

Seeking input in my 23andme results

Trollo, I disappeared from this thread because I simply do not have time to overcome our language barrier and explain, in depth everything. For instance I never said you had SUOX. I referenced you bringing it up. I do wish you luck.
  24. P

I'm guessing the MDs said they didn't believe in the test results? You should read up on the 4 R program. But I'm not sure you are gonna get yersina, pseudomonas and yeast with that caprylic. Did your functional med doc refuse to treat those? I do NOT believe MMS is safe and would not...
  25. P

I know this is very old now, but I wanted to see what you'd decided to do. Did you take the augmentin? I'd be curious if you has mycoplasma or strep that is detectable in the blood. Have you run antistreptolysin o and mycoplasma PCR? The yersinia, yeast and pseudomonas need treating and you...
  26. P

Like I referenced in my earlier post , due to that synergy when I added berberine to the diflucan it helped a lot. Good luck.
  27. P

Gestalt, i forgot to add that i tried a few transfer factors (lyme, myco and candida) and beta glucan. i stopped the beta glucan quick as i did not think it was helping me, i felt like it was helping the fungus. But let me know how your experiments go. The transfer factors were just too...
  28. P

Sparrowhawk, Oh, I'll be around. My job is Internet based so its hard to not spend time online. I just hope to not be spending as much time ;). I wonder if I have aspergillus, not a candida. I put the thing I washed out on a slide, but I just don't know. I think I ruined it with the...
  29. P

Do candida or fungi have fibrin as part of their structure? yes Do candida or fungi have cellulose as part of their structure? yes How much of the candida are protected by biofilm? If its a deep seated infiltration that is causing leaky gut.. alot of, if not most since it's hyphal Do the good...
  30. P

I like Phoenix Rising. People here seem willing to 1. look at the science.. and 2, REALLY WANT TO GET BETTER. Super motivated. I think fatigue hits you like nothing else, it takes you completely out of life and at some point you get tired of being so tired you're willing to become a PhD just...