• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

SNPs for GTP Cyclohydrolase I (GCH1), rate-limiting enzyme for BH4 - relation to NOS

( MTRR 66 transfers mb12 to MS to generate Metionine. So, if MS is slow, 5mthf+ HCY is slow, and this reaction generates BH2 (then hidroxylated back to bh4 by dhpr) in the direct process and in the reverse process. when 5mthf (ch3) is back to methylene THF (CH2) generates BH4 itself.(1298)...
  2. B

Methylfolate SIDE EFFECTS...

And cbs upregulation myth comes from DS, they have 3 copies ;). Yasko is wrong.
  3. B

Bh4 and Same are needed to produce neurotransmisors, they play a key role. I can't explain everything but google it if u are interested ;)
  4. B

D3 is needed to transport folate across choroid plexus, via PCFT, ph gradient in the gut is also important. Autism -folate conection in somalian people living in sweden, and in South korea 1/33 is because of that. Low sun exposure and Uv radiation- folate photolisis is the key. (Evolution of...
  5. B

Glutathion is the key for metal detox, more methylation more metal detox. In my case deep acne grain in my nose for the cigar smoke, and another down my belly for the jeans button, thats empirical, but its true im not the only one. And of course a lot of metals in my pee. So chelation is...
  6. B

Diet and cellfood are critical to fix you gut, w/o it anything else is unuseful. I've also tried mthfr 1298 liver support from Yasko, and it's ok, but only for short periods, not always in my combo.
  7. B

Douglas and klaire labs have the best multib with metafolin, i prefer Klaire labs vitaspectrum, the douglas one has int factor, but not adb12, try both and decide. Regards
  8. B

Mb12 limit is marked by headache and sleep problems. Once you know you have a problem u think it would be marvellous when you'd fix it. But then you realize is not a miracle, and it's common sense, off course you will feel better, but sometimes less is more. You have a way of life, and a...
  9. B

Take a b complex with metafolin and raise your dose until you feel good. Gfcf diet and cellfood same thats all. If you are cbs eat low protein diet and avoid any kind of folic acid. It's easy after some months of research. Methilfolate alone is unuseful, you need the whole b-pack mg, se, vitc...