• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. vgorilla

Lithium Testing and Supplements?

Within a couple of days of starting on 10mg lithium orortate, I felt much better, but I think that was too much for me after a few weeks I was feeling low energy. I'm going down to 5mg and see how it goes. It has a long half-life and stays in blood for a few days. I considered a blood test...
  2. vgorilla

It seemed to relieve what I think felt like adrenal fatigue. After about 3pm I would not be able to focus and just felt really icky and anxious. The lithium fixed that. I more focused, relaxed, and get more done. Really hard to explain.
  3. vgorilla

Doctor Stumped, any Ideas?

Can anyone point me to a flow chart of how to diagnose metabolic disorders? My son has had lots of blood work done, and almost everything comes back out of range so we're having a hard time trying to figure out how to treat. He is 3 1/2 years old, and has recently been diagnosed with ASD. He...
  4. vgorilla

I can report now that after taking 10mg of elemental lithium in the form of lithium orotate for a few weeks, I feel much better. This is about 5-10% of a clinical dose.
  5. vgorilla

Low lithium can be energizing, but not necessarily in a good way because it can lead to bipolar disorder, which can escalate if not treated.
  6. vgorilla

Hair test shows very low lithium, 0.004, on a range of 0.007-0.020. Sulfer is slightly elevated. Anyone here have any recommendations for blood lithium testing and supplements? The blood tests I see seem to be related to lithium medications. This is the cheapest I have found...
  7. vgorilla

23andme results for my son

Valentijn, Thanks for the detailed feedback. No autism dx yet, but has traits. Sulfer test strips in the 1200 range.
  8. vgorilla

23andme results for my son

My three-year-old son has been on a whole host of supplements from our doctor, including b-complex, b12 shot, phostphadylcholine, methylfolate, dmg, aminos, zinc, c, fish oil, d, NAC, l-carnitine. She recommended that based on Nutrival FMV results being completely out of range (most of them)...
  9. vgorilla

23&me Results - feedback greatly appreciated

Valentijn, Thank you for the analysis. I see you spend a lot of time here helping people. The CYP2D6 drug list explains a lot for me and my past experience. It is very reassuring to see pieces of the puzzle finally starting to fit together.
  10. vgorilla

23&me Results - feedback greatly appreciated

Here are my results. If I understand it right, I need to support methylation with methyl-B12, folate, and DMG. It also appears that I have low dopamine, which would explain why I am so ADD and a sensation seeker. How can I support dopamine? Any other info would be helpful, and I don't even...