• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Freddd: 5 Star mb12 options?

bump Freddd: Any updates? I'm testing Solgar 5mg.. seems to be okay. Haven't got the typical symptoms of breaking out in acne. Dosage is currently sitting at 40mg(!) daily though.
  2. H

Metabolic Maintenance 10mg 5-MTHF Quatrefolic - Startup Issues

nkm : That's interesting. What symptoms did you suffer from?
  3. H

Critterina Possibly low BH4 by this connection: Low BH4 → Low Thyroid hormones → cold hands and feet
  4. H

Critterina: Cobalamins are oxidised by Nitric Oxide. According to one paper, adb12 could be the prime cofactor that regulates Nitric Oxide production. Neurological brightening is like a kid who feels the urge to remember pi to the 100th digit. It's like a strong caffeine shot that lasts and...
  5. H

If what I understand is correct, swallowing adb12 with your meals as opposed to taking it sublingually will result in poor absorption (less than 2% at 1000mcg+ dose for b12s) [1]. According to what you're saying, you will be absorbing about 100mcg AdB12. If according to what Freddd says is...
  6. H

Perhaps. So as long as you feel potassium drop, methylation is working. Do you have any potassium deficiency symptons? What sort of folate deficiency symptoms are you experiencing? As for how to clear up deficiency symptoms: Have you tried AdoCbl again with the dose? It also seems that...
  7. H

Freddd: 5 Star mb12 options?

Freddd: I've looked around posts to see if there's been any new discoveries, but have only found Enzymatic Therapy been suggested. Is there no other 5 star mb12? Has anyone else tried Now Foods 10,000mcg mb12?
  8. H

Critterina: well, not necessarily. Methylfolate is one of those things that should work quite readily, especially with mb12 present. At the dose of 10mg, I would have least expected that it would cause a potassium drop, if not excitoxicity symptoms (specifically agitation/overhyped energy/etc.)...
  9. H

To those who are considering using Metabolic Maintenance (MM) 10mg 5-MTHF Quatrefolic, take note: This did not give me any noticeable startup, even with a dose of 2x 10mg. 2x 800mcg Solgar Metafolin was far more effective (excitoxicity haven). In both instances I took supplements from the...
  10. H

B2 I love you!

On rethinking the whole thing, all of this theory may revolve around superoxide dismutase and GSH, that is, antioxidants in general. This was prompted by your post back a while ago and this person's post : B2 Supplementation -> More Manganese Transporters + Manganese Supplementation -> More...
  11. H

B2 I love you!

Thank you for your posts Asklipia, it has been most helpful. This question is open to anyone: For the 30 odd pages, what I seemed to get is this: *B2 is needed for both ATP production and processing of folates, wether fake or real * Manganese is needed for B2 and glutamate conversion...