• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Am I “Allergic to Life”?

Just wanted to comment that if people want more information on the possible link of mold toxins and CFS, this is a great book for info on Erik Johnson's discoveries along those lines early on in the Tahoe outbreak that led the CDC to recognize "CFS": Back from the Edge: How One Man's...
  2. P

Am I “Allergic to Life”?

Good article! It's a great message - for people to prevent more severe MCS before it starts by recognizing risk of TILT. As for whether the genes stay permanently messed up - we don't have that many people who have really managed to detox to the point of significantly decreased...
  3. P

Breathing issues with Mold exposure

That can come from elevated TGF-beta which can happen after mold exposure. It can cause "remodeling" in the lungs. Or also from cutting down circulation. I'm under the impression it's a protective response that the body does to try to limit the damage from mold from cutting down on how much of...