• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. howirecovered

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

You guessed it - I've been copper toxic and working to bring it down for five years. Almost down to normal now. Toxicity impairs the liver where copper transport is handled so we end up toxic and deficient at the same time. When I take the Mitosynergy copper supplement it ramps up my methylation...
  2. howirecovered

Cistus incanus

That's what I'm doing as it seems to me that 80-90% of my symptoms come from Candida. If I can wipe it out, it would make dealing with the upstream causes a lot easier (Lyme, viral infections, & heavy metals)...
  3. howirecovered

Cistus incanus

I wonder if Dr. K gives a time frame for results...
  4. howirecovered

Cistus incanus

Oh, and I joined a related Facebook group where I read that KiScience is owned by Dr. K's girlfriend...
  5. howirecovered

Cistus incanus

So, what's happening with your antiviral trials? I just watched the Klinghard retrovirus video too and think he's onto something... I don't think he's the first to connect Lyme with viral infection as Buhner seems to have gone there before Dr. K. I have lots of reading to do!
  6. howirecovered

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

One thing I did not appreciate when I summarized this thread years ago at http://howirecovered.com/active-b12-therapy-faq/ it is that most of my symptoms stem from candida which is aggravated by B vitamin supplementation especially folate and supplements that increase alkalinity like magnesium...
  7. howirecovered

Who are your favorite health gurus?

Yeah, i read R Wolf’s book! Thanks will look at the others...
  8. howirecovered

Best health books?

I can identify with that!! Also i do a lot of pleasure reading - sometimes it causes me to go to bed too late too, so it can be detrimental to health if it’s too good lol, Health books can hurt you too, particularly vitamin guides because everything sounds wonderful, but if it’s not the right...
  9. howirecovered

Best health books?

I’ve seen his name a few times but when i started looking into his book i saw he calls liver flushing a quack therapy. That’s a deal breaker for me... If he’s helped you though, that’s what counts. Everyone’s advice is good for someone :D
  10. howirecovered

Best health books?

If you were to recommend just a couple health books to a friend with chronic fatigue or some other mystery illness, what books would you recommend?
  11. howirecovered

Who are your favorite health gurus?

If you were to recommend just a couple health gurus / leaders to a friend with chronic fatigue or some other mystery illness, who would you choose?
  12. howirecovered

Has anyone done the Master Cleanse whilst they have chronic fatigue?

I have CFS and CIRS and am on day 6 of the master cleanse. I'm video blogging my experience here: http://howirecovered.com/the-master-cleanse/
  13. howirecovered

Fasting - specifically practically with ME/CFS and methylation treatment

i have CFS and CIRS and am on day 6 of the master cleanse. I'm video blogging my experience here: http://howirecovered.com/the-master-cleanse/
  14. howirecovered

Canary in a Coalmine - Exclusive interview and film trailer help launch Kickstarter campaign!

There's another interesting Kickstarter documentary about MCS running now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesensitives/the-sensitives-a-feature-documentary
  15. howirecovered

Canary in a Coalmine - Exclusive interview and film trailer help launch Kickstarter campaign!

there's a new Kickstarter project documentary about MCS called The Sensitives - check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesensitives/the-sensitives-a-feature-documentary
  16. howirecovered

Methylation, Vitamin D intolerance-- biochemical interactions?

vit A and potassium may help based on that article...
  17. howirecovered

Methylation, Vitamin D intolerance-- biochemical interactions?

this may give you something useful: https://liveto110.com/103-rethinking-vitamin-d-toxicity-with-morley-robbins/ good luck!
  18. howirecovered

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

hi guys, I tried to summarize what I learned from this thread here: http://howirecovered.com/superoxide-dismutase-2-my-genetic-timebomb/ Including a bullet list of SOD2 therapies. Also wrote to ThinkTank who started this thread to see if we can get an update... Thanks everyone for your...
  19. howirecovered

I have experimented with B2 and it did nothing for the migraines. I'm fairly certain now of the source being related to that mold growing inside me - which by the way could possibly have developed while living in South Florida because that's where my health really deteriorated seriously.
  20. howirecovered

SOD supplement - Extramel French melon extract

thanks for sharing that adreno - I might give it a try even though my serious issues are with SOD2...
  21. howirecovered

thanks Sherpa, very interesting!! I found your other thread here - I too have had problems with tolerating the sun and mfolate... I was getting migraines after short sun exposure and also significant extra fatigue. I now think that the cause of the migraines was increased immune system activity...
  22. howirecovered

I'm also +/+ for SOD2 A16V and have problems on the other two SOD2 genes tested by 23andme as well. I think this discussion is mostly over my head but still think I can point out something you may be overlooking. I believe these SNP's result in a deficiency of hydrogen peroxide in our bodies...
  23. howirecovered

Latested Updated Regimen

we are in sync - that is exactly how much molybdenum I take and I just ordered psyllium to try for the first time after flushing:)
  24. howirecovered

Has Anyone Ever Tried a Gallbladder Flush?

Well guys, I'm not a crusader, so I'm out of here! If I accidentally walked into a room full of people who said that dental amalgams were safe because mercury doesn't leak out of them, I'd be gone in an instant. Those people could all point to MDs, dentists and other authorities who could back...
  25. howirecovered

That's helpful! I have not had any gallstones come out. But a wide variety of colors, consistencies and densities in the liver stones.
  26. howirecovered

Well, maybe I spoke too broadly. I was referring to the "saponified oil" nonsense mostly. I do think it's possible for a practitioner to develop a lot of insight based on treating many many people, making mistakes along the way and having successes too. I personally fell into the mistake...
  27. howirecovered

I've read that it's common for gallstones to come out when liver flushing. I'm told the gallstones sink. I had so many different types of stones come out, I really don't know what was what... Some looked like gallstones but I don't think they sank. It sounds to me like flushing may be a good...
  28. howirecovered

I'm not following this at all - can you explain? Have read lots of stories of people with chronic gallbladder attacks who have cured themselves either by liver flushing or with even simpler remedies like apple cider vinegar or malic acid. On rare occasions, people doing a liver flush will have a...
  29. howirecovered

Latested Updated Regimen

This is twice as much oil as the old-school formulas (Hulda Clark and Andreas Moritz). I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just noting. I also do double flushes which HC and AM never recommended that I know about anway. I'm also about to try the vitamin C flush next time:)