• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. illsince1977

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss. I'd like to extend my condolences to you and your entire family. What a shock to lose a loved one so unexpectedly! Rich will be sorely missed. He was a great gentleman!
  2. illsince1977

Spiritual healer sham...

ggingues - which antidepressant helped your sleep? SickOfSickness - I think I may have delayed sleep phase issue too. The Spitfire - I use Remeron and find it helps me stay asleep better.
  3. illsince1977

Spiritual healer sham...

I've been wondering this myself lately. Of course for many of us pain, severe MCS, digestive ailments or any number of things compel us to seek treatment as the symptoms are unsustainable, but I have lost my eagerness to try most treatments as I feel like my chances of success are dwindlingly...
  4. illsince1977

Spiritual healer sham...

Hi Spitfire, I like you! And I am like you too. I've been seen in an integrative practice for 11 years and nothing has helped. I too react badly to supplements. 32 years ago after I was told by my OB/GYN, "I don't think there is anything Western medicine can do for you" (unfortunately truer...
  5. illsince1977

Take the "Twenty Years Ago Today" survey

Hi Cort, not surprisingly, there was no option for having been divorced and remarried in the past 20 years. So technically was married 20 years ago and married again now, just not the same marriage! I submitted the survey anyway as I didn't want to redo it.
  6. illsince1977

slowing down a hyper sex drive?

Me too! Thought I was the only one who experienced this particular paradox!
  7. illsince1977

New to the simplified protocol... pretty severe reaction - Can anyone help?

Sorry I have nothing to help. Just wanted to say welcome!
  8. illsince1977

Zinc

It was nice to hear that someone else struggles to add things in one at a time and that success does not necessarily come automatically and easily. Thanks for making me feel not so all alone in this. :cheeky grin:
  9. illsince1977

Comment by 'illsince1977' in 'Feeling really sick now...'

Big hugs, Mer. :smiley-hug: From your trans Pacific friend, ~77
  10. illsince1977

Heads Up about washers and mold

Dishwashers are great environments for breeding mold as well. I recently heard a piece on the radio about an intractable mold that grows in almost every dishwasher, but can't locate it for the life of me - oh dear. :ashamed: Hate to tantalize and not deliver a link!!! We rigged up our front...
  11. illsince1977

Advocacy Brainstorming: The Thread on Threads

That is a good point, Justin. Just like in the alternative energy sector, without consistent funding start-ups can't survive. People need to know the funding isn't going to disappear on them or they will choose an easier path. Don, I totally concur the key is to get people to care...
  12. illsince1977

More improvement!

:thumbs up: Sally; Way to go girl!
  13. illsince1977

Heads Up about washers and mold

Dishwashers are great environments for breeding mold as well. I recently heard a piece on the radio about an intractable mold that grows in almost every dishwasher, but can't locate it for the life of me - oh dear. :ashamed: Hate to tantalize and not deliver a link!!! We rigged up our front...
  14. illsince1977

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula

I took both of those when I was being seen in the office where Byron White works, and did not fare well on either, though I did detect a mild positive reaction to a 10 step Lyme homeopathic remedy administered before those. Each dose was in it's own little brown glass vial and they were all...
  15. illsince1977

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula

Answer: A lot more, unfortunately! but glad you're feeling better.
  16. illsince1977

Antiretroviral Trial

Don't lose hope, Daff. We're rooting for you! :cheeky grin::smiley-hug:
  17. illsince1977

ANY IDEAS ? How to stop vertigo, nausea and feeling unsteady

Vertigo and nausea. What an awful double whammy. So sorry you're going through this Boule. I find ginger helps nausea FWIW, but I don't suffer from vertigo, so not sure it will help.
  18. illsince1977

Cat on Boat Plays With Dolphins

:Retro biggrin:Thanks, Wayne! Gave me a much needed lift!
  19. illsince1977

How do you amuse yourself during the day?

Like others here it depends greatly on how badly I'm affected at any particular time. At my worst, when all I can do is listen, though (not even turn on the computer, much less take care of myself or anything or anyone), I am totally hooked on radio and Podcasts. There's such a huge variety of...
  20. illsince1977

Comment by 'illsince1977' in 'IF I WEREN'T ILL'

So well said! Amazing! Thank you!
  21. illsince1977

New ME/CFS News Tracking/Trending Blog

Personally, I prefer subscribing to RSS feeds directly or through Google Reader or one of other RSS feed readers available to keep up with the blogs I like. I commend you for using your skills in service of the community, but am puzzled by this approach. I'm sure I must be overlooking something...
  22. illsince1977

Improving Using Rife and CDS/MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) for Lyme -- Coronavirus Update

Wayne, I am so happy for your successes! I look forward to hearing more about both your rife experiences and MMS (if you ever get the wherewithal to share about it) here.
  23. illsince1977

Richvank's documents are now posted in the Wiki

Glanced at the Wiki for the first time today, coincidentally! What a pleasant surprise! Thank you!
  24. illsince1977

Levothyroxine and What it Really Does to the Body

Hey Carrigon- They told me at least this part (calcium) back in the 90s, wanting me off Cytomel while suffering osteopenia. Not sure there was actually any link for me, but "they" were concerned. It is challenging to deal with medical professionals as we're never sure if information will be...
  25. illsince1977

UCSF Researchers Use ViroChip to ID Contagious Virus

Just in case you're interested there was another thread where this was discussed. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?9337-ViroChip-has-anybody-heard-of-this&highlight=virochip
  26. illsince1977

high cd57 count

What's considered high?
  27. illsince1977

Celebrating the ICC!!!

Woe is ME! Sorry, couldn't resist!
  28. illsince1977

Kangen Water

This structured water thing sounds a lot like my Water Vitalizer Plus machine. Is it? Any comments from you more knowledgeable folks in that department? The water seemed to give me a boost a few years ago (and I am in retrospect never confident that anything is attributable to anything in...
  29. illsince1977

Applied kinesiology?

I've had experience with a few practitioners who use this. I also think I recall many people here using muscle testing/kinesiology to test supplements themselves. I've not found it consistently effective as a diagnostic or a guide to treatment, even from same practitioner. But I'm often the...
  30. illsince1977

My intentions in starting the coaching group- not accepting new clients

Wendy- I wonder, too. How does that work? Isn't there implied hierarchy/authority in the concept of being "the coach", as opposed to being a fellow PWC? How do you envision this? -77