• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. mominmo

How long does it take for worsening neuro symptoms to improve?

I have found numerous medical articles on the treatment of hypokalemia that say potassium chloride is the treatment. But if the others work for you, that's great! I'm still waiting on a doctor's appointment, but I think I finally know what was going wrong. I must be iron deficient, too. I did...
  2. mominmo

Thanks so much for these responses. I have finally figured out through experimentation that the new and worsened neuro symptoms I have are the result of low potassium. Potassium chloride is how physicians treat it (the other forms, including food sources) don't increase serum potassium. I can...
  3. mominmo

A few people here and several people online have mentioned that neurological symptoms (like burning and tingling) worsened after starting a B12 protocol. How long did it take for this to improve for you? I think my symptoms may take longer to improve as they are my primary problem, but I'd love...
  4. mominmo

repairing with B12 without overmethylation?

Thanks so much for the information. I do have Enzymatic Therapy, so I will try taking it tomorrow instead. I did take some methylfolate today (800) and I don't notice much of a difference. The burning symptoms remain noticeable. I seem to have been wrong about needing more B12. The burning...
  5. mominmo

Maybe because they're not deficient in folate, but they are in B12. If I'm correct that taking B12 starts the process of repair which dramatically increases the need for B12 (like it does potassium), then the symptoms experienced are actually of B12 deficiency. I could be wrong, but I definitely...
  6. mominmo

I am not. I am taking two B Rights a day in addition to the Jarrow B12s. I'm taking magnesium (which I have for a long time), vitamin C, fish oil and calcium. I took some capsules filled with NoSalt and induced horrific heartburn. I've just been adding it to my food and drinks now throughout...
  7. mominmo

Lotus97 thanks for the info on Potassium Chloride. I'm really hoping I may only need to take lots for a couple of months when red blood cell replenishment should be mostly done. It's too soon to have a victory party but taking 10000 Jarrow diminished the deficiency symptoms (burning mouth...
  8. mominmo

I am thinking much differently about startup effects right now. When I first started taking B12, I was taking a lot--two 5000 Jarrows and an adB12 a day. When I was taking that much, I was having some low potassium issues, but nothing else. When I cut back, I started having symptoms that I can...
  9. mominmo

Constant tingling.. Maybe it is not Potassium deficiency?

I guess I'm wondering about needing high doses of B12 (especially daily) when many people do fine with monthly injections of B12. I've already had a LOT of B12 for the past 3 months. I don't know for SURE that I have a B12 deficiency since I haven't had blood tests. I have never suspected CFS...
  10. mominmo

@Lotis, yes that's what I was taking. Four years ago I thought I was having low stomach acid issues because I had terrible heartburn which I don't have anymore. It's possible, but I've had an endoscopy to rule out an ulcer which suggests I don't have H pylori which would explain the low stomach...
  11. mominmo

I went off all methyl supplements and was using a low-level B supplement that had folic acid. I continued having the burning/tingling sensation in my mouth, hands, and feet that started when I began the protocol. I revisited the idea that I have donut hole deficiency and realized that the...
  12. mominmo

Methylation.... anyone experience anger or agitation?

I'm so thankful to have found this thread. I have been so depressed and angry since taking 1500 mcg of adB12. It's honestly scared me. I'm going to stop everything and will titrate tiny amounts of mb12. So glad it isn't just me!
  13. mominmo

Q: How long does increased potassium demand last?

I've read what Crux said from multiple people, but I think what I question is how it could be "healing" that begins within a few hours of taking the B12? So that leads me to believe that it's either low potassium, another induced deficiency, or just nerve irritation as Crux mentions. I'm not...
  14. mominmo

Thanks for taking so much time to respond! I definitely had low potassium and significant burning/tingling before I started taking the methyl folate. I'm pretty sure that I didn't try the enzymatic B12 without folate. However, I'm thinking I will still have problems because I took the cyano B12...
  15. mominmo

I wrote a long reply to this that disappeared. It's kind of how things are going for me since I used the cyano B12 yesterday! But I won't give in to self-pity. ;-) I had read a naturopath saying there was no problem with cyano and that methyl B12 was just the latest craze. I had hoped I might...
  16. mominmo

I've had the symptoms for 2 months and they became so severe that I quit taking methyl B12, folate, and the high potency B's. I felt soooo much better within a few days. The burning/tingling in my hands, feet, and mouth had improved, too. I read that some people can't handle the methyl B12 and...
  17. mominmo

Thanks so much for the responses. I haven't had any testing. I was pretty sure I had MS and knew I wouldn't take the disease modifying drugs. I didn't want the diagnosis on my records, especially if I could stop the disease with diet and supplements. I am willing to see a doctor now, but I'm...
  18. mominmo

Mij, That's interesting that your symptoms started after the B12 and metafolin, too. I don't have CFS or ME. I thought I had MS until I started having atypical symptoms that are more consistent with B12 deficiency. I couldn't find anywhere else to ask questions about the protocol. I hope it's OK...
  19. mominmo

I started the Active B12 protocol 7 weeks ago and noticed warm tingling, burning sensations in my hands, feet, mouth and strangely-- the tip of my nose. I also had headaches and increased thirst and dry mouth. When I realized this was a potassium deficiency, I started eating potassium rich foods...