• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bluebell

Methylation and Pyroluria

I was certainly not saying that I follow or wholeheartedly believe what Dr. Weil or Dr. Oz says (or what anyone says). I disagree with both of them on quite a number of topics. I guess people misunderstood what I was trying to say about how I personally evaluate how "mainstream" an...
  2. Bluebell

Methylation and Pyroluria

Hmm, this is a coincidence - I was just reading about pyroluria earlier today, for the first time. (I think I'd seen the term before and knew it referred to a medical condition, but it sounded like an exotic tropical disease or something!) I ran across a guest blogger's story about having it...
  3. Bluebell

Poop pill to heal gut

Chris Kresser posted an article about this late last year. He also points to several reference articles, including a story in the Chicago _Tribune_: https://chriskresser.com/poop-the-cure-of-the-future
  4. Bluebell

Download for Rare SNP Analysis

Tyne, thank you for informing me that your program is operational so that I can add Analyze My Genes to my list of analysis services! (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/some-informational-links-about-methylation-and-b12.23974/) It looks great! A wonderful labor of love by you...
  5. Bluebell

Unexpected test results... I would be grateful for some guidance

Ema, Sea, Symptomatic -- Thank you, dear folks, for checking in on me! :hug: That is so nice. <3 ==== I have missed being part of the conversation at Phoenix Rising! ==== Although I feel that in only these few weeks away, I've forgotten a lot of the information that I had learned...
  6. Bluebell

Lesson Learned: SNPs and NutrEval

This is interesting. Valentijn, I have some questions for you about this, if you would have time to answer, sometime - obviously there's no rush. :) I checked 23andme and I seem not to have GSTT1 either, if I am interpreting it correctly. Along the top, it says, "Your data includes 14 SNPs...
  7. Bluebell

Just got 23&me results in; can anyone deconstruct contradictions

Sorry that I thought you were a young man -- I think I read it in someone's description of themselves here -- it was probably another member whose thread I had replied to just before or after I posted on your thread. But you mixed me up with Caledonia, so maybe we are even. :D I hope you...
  8. Bluebell

methylation: VERY low, very slow.....results

I only learned of Rich after he passed away, but his intelligence, research, hard work, verbal/written clarity, concern, courtesy, kindness, and genuine nature shine through in every one of his huge number of internet contributions. When I was looking up a health topic a few months ago, I...
  9. Bluebell

SNPs for GTP Cyclohydrolase I (GCH1), rate-limiting enzyme for BH4 - relation to NOS

What supplements are good for BH4, Triffid113? I possibly knew what BH4 was at one point this summer, but now after a number of weeks away from the Phoenix Rising subject matter(s), I have no idea. :ill: I am heterozygous for MTHFR 1298 and have one +/- CBS thing, although I seem to have...
  10. Bluebell

SNPs for GTP Cyclohydrolase I (GCH1), rate-limiting enzyme for BH4 - relation to NOS

Thank you Roxie60 for making that change! ==== As for this list of GCH1 rs numbers, I have all the "majority" alleles as designated in this thread, except for: rs7142517 -- I have AC rs998259 -- I have CT However, I *think* I saw this afternoon on the DBSnp website that in the European...
  11. Bluebell

SNPs for Dihydrofolate Reductase (DHFR)

For the past couple of months, I've been struggling to drink 1 or 2 cups of green tea a day (I find the taste unpleasant, even when I mask it in a brew of other types of tea) and I don't think I feel better on any health dimension from drinking it (although I can't know what it might be doing...
  12. Bluebell

anyone got snps in GCH1, DHFR genes on 23and me?

There is a GCH1 thread here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/snps-for-gtp-cyclohydrolase-i-gch1-rate-limiting-enzyme-for-bh4-relation-to-nos.19570/
  13. Bluebell

Roxie, I noticed that NanDixon in her original post said that she was AA for rs3783641, whilst you have her as TT here in your chart. (That was the only one I compared between your chart and her original post, and I did that because of what she said later in the thread about her being...
  14. Bluebell

anyone got snps in GCH1, DHFR genes on 23and me?

Aquariusgirl, I see that there wasn't much response here - you might be interested in this thread about DHFR: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/snps-for-dihydrofolate-reductase-dhfr.19563/ Regarding the German article you mentioned, the hyperlink appears to no longer work, but...
  15. Bluebell

Sea, I also have a CT at rs10072026, just like you -- and otherwise, like you, I match Rich's results (if NanDixon was saying that Rich's rs1650697 was GG -- see the preceding post I made about that rs number -- which is also my result on that one, GG). As far as I can tell on DBsnp, the CT...
  16. Bluebell

Valentijn, I believe that you misunderstood what NanDixon said about Richvank's results. You have indicated in your table here that Rich's result for rs1650697 was AA. However, that is what NanDixon said HER result was. She stated that rs1650697 was the only one where she differed from Rich's...
  17. Bluebell

from Forbes magazine "Rick Perry to 6.5 million Texans with no healthcare: You're on your own" http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/07/09/rick-perry-to-6-5-million-texans-with-no-healthcare-youre-on-your-own/ ============================= Author of the article: "I have to confess...
  18. Bluebell

It's nothing to do with the notion of capitalism that the states have been told by the Supreme Court that they don't have to follow the national law on this. Capitalism has nothing to do with the unintentional loophole in the law that allows the crueller, more thick-headed states to wriggle out...
  19. Bluebell

Hi Sea, Thank you for your good wishes! ---- That is a common belief, but it's not accurate for ALL states. Maybe the reason the rest of the country isn't appalled by this situation that I (and millions of other low income adults who do not have children) am in is that they don't...
  20. Bluebell

Thank you, Ema. :hug: === To all - I am just online for a moment now -- my old laptop couldn't be saved, so I've ordered a new laptop (a clearance one with Windows 7 on it, which is a big leap forward for me, since my last one I got in December of 2007!) and it'll arrive in about a week...
  21. Bluebell

Thank you, Ema! My computer hard disk died a couple of days ago and I haven't accessed PhoenixRising since, so I have just now caught up with my thread! I had not considered PP up to now because I had been told last year (in casual conversation) that they had closed their office in my...
  22. Bluebell

A general "thank you" for the messages from the last few days! My 6 year-old laptop died suddenly a couple of days ago and I've not been able to get online. I am online now for a few minutes, on a borrowed connection. I won't be back online for a little while, I expect.
  23. Bluebell

A great starting point for M.E. tests......

Me too. When I used to mention to doctors that my normal temp was lower than "average", and so anything that showed up as higher than "average" was actually quite a few degrees above my normal, they'd pay it no creedence, like I was confused or something. Bleurgh! :mad:
  24. Bluebell

Hi Overtrain, glad you liked it. (I think you were referring to my big list of methylation links, or maybe the Lynch site and video.) IMPORTANT: You need to stop taking the charcoal in this way!!! Charcoal should be taken at least 3 hours before and after you ingest any food or any...
  25. Bluebell

Overtrain, make sure to indicate whom you are addressing your posts to! It's not entirely clear in your post that I quoted here whose post you were responding to. You can either just write their name in your response (like you did with Valentijn, just above), or hit "reply" to their post...
  26. Bluebell

Good idea. Before, when I thought that my results were not going to be abnormal, and I wasn't really knowledgeable about what services they offered (which I admit I haven't looked into), I didn't see the point of paying extra for LEF testing when I could get the same tests a bit cheaper...
  27. Bluebell

Thank you, Ema! I am so grateful for your advice. I must say that I was very surprised by my hormone test results. I guess it's no wonder that I feel below par - at least, it's good to finally have external "proof" of why this might be so. Yes, this is what I now fear. :( Yes...