• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Porke

No love of B2 here - a warning about riboflavin

Just want to echo the OP's original message. B2 (even at doses as low as 5mg p/d) gives me alternating depression and anxiety. Tried 2 different brands with the same results. Its a pity because it does WONDERS for my dry and irritated eyes. Within a few hours of taking it, my eyes are sparkly...
  2. Porke

Gut puzzle. Decoding the stool test results.

Gradual onset. Worsening in distinct stages over the years. Gut issues started right at the beginning of onset, but have significantly increased, alongside my CFS. It begs the question - which came first? And whether these two are merely correlated, or is the gut a causative factor in my CFS.
  3. Porke

Yup, probably best. This thread is getting a bit confusing now.
  4. Porke

Hi Justy. I only have some pretty intense hayfever. It has been lifelong, but has worsened along with my gut and general health No real issues with chemicals or perfumes. I have also tried 3 months of low histamine diet, coupled with the whole "histadelic" treatment with sam-e, b6, methionine...
  5. Porke

Alright, I will definitely look into doing a ubiome test as a complimentary picture of whats going on in my gut. It will surely be good to compare the two to see if there are any similarities or fresh insights. Can you explain why the vast majority of functional medicine docs still do CDSA or...
  6. Porke

Thanks for the interpretive guide. I had a look through it, but it seems Genova only gives really useful information for the pathogenic strains and not much with regards to overgrowth of the friendlies. As for the abx, I have noted a few other threads where people have tried numerous natural...
  7. Porke

Thanks AliceC, food for thought. I have looked into the UBiome tests, but as you say these did not seem as comprehensive and give a greater overall picture of gut bacteria, rather than specific strains. The GI Effects test might be imperfect, but actually seeing the result align with many of my...
  8. Porke

It was an optional add-on that wasn't recommended by my functional medicine doc. He reckons many people test positive for it, and are simply carriers without any negative effects. He recommended one only tests for H Pylori when you have the classic symptoms of pain, burning, ulcers etc.
  9. Porke

Hi, I finally managed to complete my gut testing with Genova and would appreciate some insights from any of the board members. Background: I have been struggling with CFS for about 8 years - digestive issues accompanying it all the way. However in the last 2 years I have spiralled downwards...
  10. Porke

Anyone experience anxiety on LDN and just push through it??

Yup, my LDN use was intended to address immune imbalance, but it was a dead end. I am now looking at other th1 / th2 immune shifters - Oxymatrine, Moducare, Astragalus etc...
  11. Porke

Anyone experience anxiety on LDN and just push through it??

No offense, but I dont think a filler will make much difference. I had quite substantial anxiety on 0.25mg of it. Tried to push through for 2 weeks, but it didnt get any better. I also had heart palpitations and a wired feeling from it. Apparently this is tied to the rather significant dopamine...