• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Methylation Pathway Chart

I could not find an accurate methylation pathway website, searching Richard Van K, Amy Yasko and others. Here is my attempt, I will update it to reflect green, yellow, red based on the enzyme/snp deficiency so that it is clear what is needed to supplement, right now each box links to information...
  2. H

Methylation Startup - Refeeding Syndrome

The parallels to CFS and refeeding syndrome are striking, body using mostly protein/fat for energy (ketones) and low potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and B1... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome Any individual who has had negligible nutrient intake for more than 5 consecutive...
  3. H

How Many with Hashimoto's take Zinc, Calcium and Iodine Supplements

I hate to tell you this, but most "ceramic" "white" fillings contain fluoride and barium also... I extracted them and have been improving... and am working on Iodine right now...
  4. H

Need Advice - Hair Metals High Mn Ba - Food Intolerance

One more update... took 400 mcg 3 days felt pretty good, started getting swings up, down, anxiety, restless, palpitations, took 1 mg meB12 second day and 2 mg meB12 third day. meB12 made stinging sensation, (stinging skin seems to happen over and over, B6, rice, cholestyramine all triggers...
  5. H

Safe Dental Materials?

hydroxyapatite and calcium hydroxide cement otherwise zirconia/zirconium and zinc phosphate (flecks) barium, fluoride, Bis-GMA plastics, Aluminum, Fluoride, Amalgam a big NO!
  6. H

Update: 400 mcg metafolin crumble placed in water swish in the mouth yesterday, maybe 5 mcg total absorbed, fairly strong effects, anxiety, then restlessness for the remainder of the day, finally fell asleep about 5:30 am... 100 mcg sipping through day today alternating between anxiety...
  7. H

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/1/167/T1.expansion seems to indicate about 50% of food folate is methylfolate in egg yolk, spinach and yeast... but I can tell you the effect is very different than metafolin... Can barely tolerate methylfolate and am doing what those below do, makes a...
  8. H

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

Get an EMF Meter! My laptop power supply beat with my heart and made the whole house lights flicker, PM me and I will send a video
  9. H

Biosil is a good supplement or a silica mineral water, grapes, thin skinned fruit, oats, cucumbers and grains have natural silica are a food source. I told the doctor I had 0 mercury on the blood test, but she said that the porphrins almost indicated toxicity of mercury, so there is some there...
  10. H

Thank You, it has been a wild ride, the mfolate is probably only like 10mcg, I cannot find the paper with the mfolate content of fruits and vegetables but there is some I recall 1-2 mcg per serving of most green stuff and raw dairy. mB12 has been the most powerful thing I used, it was like...
  11. H

Ok I'm still alive... did the following extracted barium fluoride aluminum filled (heliomolar i think) tooth... was amalgam extracted lithium disilicate aluminum fluoride (empress II i think) tooth... crown eating organic only drinking mountain valley spring water in glass bottles 5 gallon...
  12. H

valcyte, nexavir, gamma globulin, cholestyramine

Took a very tiny amount in a bottle of water, got a little stomach acid and slight pain, nothing happening yet.
  13. H

Vitamin D and Increase in Symptoms

Thank you RLC, I will gladly post the units. If it makes it any easier I have also attached the lab results. Calcium is mg/dl and PTH is pg/ml and vitamin D is ng/ml. If you would like any other information I will gladly provide it. Thanks, Healing1
  14. H

D-1.25 16-81 D-25 <20 insufficient 20-29 suboptimal 30-100 optimal >100 toxicity I have tested parathyroid twice 2-23-13 Phos 3.1 Ca 10.9 (results rechecked and verified * note on labwork) D-25 41 PTH 16 (Stopped all D supplementation on this day) 3-18-13 Ca 9.6 Phos 2.9 5.35...
  15. H

I have had calcium levels as high as 10.9 all my symptoms began with muscle twitching and poor sleep, stopped taking vitamins thinking they caused it, calcium has fluctuated between 9.6 and 10.6 since. I have added back in a multi with 800IU of D and twitching, heartburn, headache, thirst and...
  16. H

Got Tests in Glutathione 865 > 669 Notable are the Low Cis-Aconitate, Isocitrate, a-Ketoglutarate High B-Hydroxyisovalerate Low Vanilmandelate, Homovanillate, 5-Hydroxyindoleacetate Extremely High 2-Methylhippurate and elevated aluminum, uranium, lead... just got a silver filling...
  17. H

Sulfur and Methylation

Did anyone have success lowering their sulfates? Thanks
  18. H

If I have double hetero MTHFR and CBS would it be advisable to take methylfolate? Should I just chance it and take the Dr.'s multivitamin in their office in case of a bad reaction? All I want to do is sleep all day, muscles are so weak, should I stop fighting it? Ok weird, yesterday could...
  19. H

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm#CBS: Cystathionine Beta Synthase This sounds like exactly what is going on, poor blood sugar regulation, I had read up on G6PDF enzyme deficiency, but did not match criteria, however it explains that aspect. H2S brain fog, severe. Funny smelling...
  20. H

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/more-ammonia-in-urine-since-started-methylation.15394/ Could this explain everything, since I won't have the 23andme for a month or more, what can I do to fix the CBS mutation ASAP? This could be particularly bad considering the Aluminum Load...
  21. H

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Cirrhosis/forum/12855474-vitamin-c This is how I feel with vitamin C, it makes me a million times worse...
  22. H

Homocysteine was low 7, although I am MTHFR double hetero, expected it to be higher and since taurine is the third highest neurotransmitter, it seems likely that the CBS is clobbering me through ammonia production. I have noticed more protein within an hour or so means more malaise, often sooner...
  23. H

Not flapping yet, but feel like it at times... Low serotonin, red ears, high histamine, hypersensitivities, kidney issues, clearly lack of BH4. Does this mean I need to supplement BH4? Will this make methylation work? Are there other ways to address this? Thank you
  24. H

I wonder if the third leg is the key here, high aluminum on RBC Metals/Minerals and the chronic inflammation (throat, under eyes, feels like something is behind left eye. Thank you everyone for contributing, I can't wait to get better so I can help others on here. It is kinda weird to say...
  25. H

Taurine levels were around 40-50% on the neurotransmitter profile, does this help show if CBS is/is not the first thing to address in starting methylation?
  26. H

My biggest goal right now is to take a multivitamin, the doctor has recommended activnutrients as my multivitamin, looks good but P5P, 100mcg methylfolate and 250mcg MeB12... http://www.nhthealthyliving.com/ActivNutrients-wo-Iron-120-Caps-by-Xymogen_p_3969.html I am really scared to take...
  27. H

Caledonia, how did you deal with the CBS? Sam7777 weird thing is the gum swelling has since went down, maybe it was because I licked the Methylfolate or maybe because I finished the antibiotics, or maybe because I started hydroxyB12? Too many variables... But I am going to try using essential...
  28. H

http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cfs-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me/treating-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-glutathione-and-the-methylation-cycle/simplified-treatment-approach-based-on-the-glutathione-depletion-methylation-cycle-block-pathogenesis-hypothesis-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs-by-rich-...
  29. H

Thank you very much, the videos have been tremendously helpful. I read a lot about the startup effects, but I am having such a hard time. I know hydroxy b12 and folinic (my case vegetables) cause an induced folate deficiency. But I have a very hard time with Mb12. Methylfolate was the most...
  30. H

When I did the chelation the second time, after sleeping 8 hours I woke with clear urine, no protein or blood. I think my kidneys (where mercury accumulates) could be stressed.